GDT: Tampa Bay at Buffalo 3-29-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

8 games left....thanks goodness. Longest and least enjoyable season for me since the beginning in 1970.

Was that 3 or 4 penalties on Sabres for touching Stamkos? Officials are getting ready for playoffs..................... weak Weak WEAK calls tonight!!!

Like I said earlier...he had a big label on his back FRAGILE. Brutal.

8 games left....thanks goodness. Longest and least enjoyable season for me since the beginning in 1970.

Like I said earlier...he had a big label on his back FRAGILE. Brutal.

Caught that after the fact. You're right. The preferential treatment becomes more and more evident each year.

Reactions without having read what's written above:

1. That Hodgson goal was created by ZG's INCREDIBLE work when Tampa had the puck. Holy ____, Zemgus was amazing there. I'm glad both of these guys are part of the future.

2. Foligno was all over the ice. An animal. Keep it up, 82. Let's not regress (which has happened).

3. Right after ZG's efforts led to the CoHo goal, Stafford forechecked like a maniac. Then, he returned to his usual self, as seen on Tampa's first (or was it second?) goal.

4. I am so proud to say that I was at a game where the rare mid-game empty-netter was scored. The entire arena: wait, maybe, MABYE, it's gonna go? IT'S GONNA GO!!!!!

5. On arena style: I loved that it was mostly organ and not other music tonight.

6. Again, on arena style: You do NOT announce Willie O'Ree in the second announcement in a long break. He's Willie O'Ree, and you announce him instantly in the first commercial break, period. He got almost no applause, because we were already tuning out the announcer at that point. By the time we realized what the hell the announcer was announcing, it was over. It's Willie O'Ree. Not Bob Halkidis, you know?

7. Ehrhoff skates like Lemieux. He's that deceptively smooth. (NO, I am not comparing his total game to Mario's, so just settle down.)

It was a nice game to take my dad to.

Edited by Eleven

And in overtime way to go Stafford, getting that stupid penalty.... the power of the tank should not be underestimated... Even if tank commander Leino is not in, his assistant Stafford was in full force last night.

8 games left and 12 points down to Edmonton, Sabres only have Florida and Edmonton to beat for last place. Oilers playing the Strangers today.... gotta root for Edmonton. Florida playing NJ tomorrow.

Edited by Icehole

Watched on and off last night. Saw the end. Fitting to a perfectly craptastic season.

I'm to the point where I won't mind if any/none of them come back next year. The stank of losing runs deep with these guys.

Edited by wjag

Does anyone know why Dunleavy called the game on TV?

RJ sounded a bit raspy when he talked, and that was only for a couple of lines. I thought he would have done the presentation instead of Gare. And how come there wasn't anyone from the Sabres management there? Were they afraid they'd get booed?

RJ sounded a bit raspy when he talked, and that was only for a couple of lines. I thought he would have done the presentation instead of Gare. And how come there wasn't anyone from the Sabres management there? Were they afraid they'd get booed?

Taro mentioned the raspiness after the game. And he did need help walking to the lectern, too (RJ, not Taro). So maybe he was ill. I was hoping that MSG noted the reason on the broadcast or something.

As for management, I think your explanation is the most likely, which is too bad on at least a couple of levels.

Taro mentioned the raspiness after the game. And he did need help walking to the lectern, too (RJ, not Taro). So maybe he was ill. I was hoping that MSG noted the reason on the broadcast or something.

As for management, I think your explanation is the most likely, which is too bad on at least a couple of levels.

I thought I had heard Rick was doing the play by play.

Also, wow, Danny Gare is bad in those situations. Note to the Sabres writer: don't ask him to say "synonymous."

Not many more appearances by either Rick J. or Robitaille. The season is winding down fast.

And in overtime way to go Stafford, getting that stupid penalty.... the power of the tank should not be underestimated... Even if tank commander Leino is not in, his assistant Stafford was in full force last night.

8 games left and 12 points down to Edmonton, Sabres only have Florida and Edmonton to beat for last place. Oilers playing the Strangers today.... gotta root for Edmonton. Florida playing NJ tomorrow.

Only 16 points left, and we're 12 behind Edmonton, and 13 behind Florida.

Sabres would have to average 1.5 points for each of the last 8 games just to tie Edmonton's current points, and Edmonton not make any points.

I heard this joke

"Q: What do the Sabres and the Titanic have in common?"

"A: They're both sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic" :)

This was nice. Except for the rude Tampa fans yelling "lets go Tampa" during it. Idiots.

Don't forget the ignorant Canadian that yelled Go Leafs Go

I haven't seen anything today. Does anyone know why Nolan benched the 4th line? I don't think I saw Scott, Deslaurier or Ellis the entire second half of the game.

Reactions without having read what's written above:

1. That Hodgson goal was created by ZG's INCREDIBLE work when Tampa had the puck. Holy ____, Zemgus was amazing there. I'm glad both of these guys are part of the future.

2. Foligno was all over the ice. An animal. Keep it up, 82. Let's not regress (which has happened).

3. Right after ZG's efforts led to the CoHo goal, Stafford forechecked like a maniac. Then, he returned to his usual self, as seen on Tampa's first (or was it second?) goal.

4. I am so proud to say that I was at a game where the rare mid-game empty-netter was scored. The entire arena: wait, maybe, MABYE, it's gonna go? IT'S GONNA GO!!!!!

5. On arena style: I loved that it was mostly organ and not other music tonight.

6. Again, on arena style: You do NOT announce Willie O'Ree in the second announcement in a long break. He's Willie O'Ree, and you announce him instantly in the first commercial break, period. He got almost no applause, because we were already tuning out the announcer at that point. By the time we realized what the hell the announcer was announcing, it was over. It's Willie O'Ree. Not Bob Halkidis, you know?

7. Ehrhoff skates like Lemieux. He's that deceptively smooth. (NO, I am not comparing his total game to Mario's, so just settle down.)

It was a nice game to take my dad to.

Zemgus should have gotten a star. What an effort he brought.

In the season ticket holder surveys I have stated that there should be more organ like it used be. So I guess you're welcome lol.

Erhoff and Hank had ugly nights.

And on second thought the idiots that yelled anything during the moment of silence we're no doubt all Canadians. There to see Stamkos and yell go leafs go. Idiots.

Don't forget the ignorant Canadian that yelled Go Leafs Go

And on second thought the idiots that yelled anything during the moment of silence we're no doubt all Canadians. There to see Stamkos and yell go leafs go. Idiots.

You must have been in the same section as me. Guy was a tool and I'm glad him and a bunch of people from his group were taken out by security. I think they were allowed to return but periodically throughout the game security would call out more people from his group.

I just want to throw out there that there are many other Canadian Sabres fans at the game being very respectful and I was happy the Sabres had the moment of silence. Additionally, I always give a standing O when they announce the war veterans at the game. I hope you won't judge all Canadians at Sabres games based on a couple of these yahoos.

Another strange thing is they were chanting Go Leafs Go for a bit. Then there was this other guy a few rows over who didn't seem to be with them stand up, take off his jacket and he's wearing a Leafs Suck Tshirt and he starts chanting leafs suck. Never thought I would hear both a go leafs go and leafs suck chant at a Sabres / Lightening game.....

I thought I had heard Rick was doing the play by play.

Also, wow, Danny Gare is bad in those situations. Note to the Sabres writer: don't ask him to say "synonymous."

Danny Gare is bad in all situations. He shouldn't be allowed to speak, period.

That was an awful Hall of Fame ceremony... AWFUL. So, could it be that the management is not there because the BS HoF (wow, that is not a good abbreviation) is managed by the Alumni Association? Just a thought.. either way. I thought it was tacky and not well thought out.

The TV broadcast was also amateur. They cut to the photo of Ralph Wilson and it sat there and THEN you could hear the announcer speaking. SOP would be to show the rink and crowd while the announcer asked for a moment of silence and then you fade to the picture of Wilson... and then to commercial.

Instead there was Dominik cheering and then a picture of Wilson.. ugh.

And Girgensons is awesome.. that's all I got.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.