Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Who cares? He has nothing to do with the players/coaches on the field.

That's a copout answer. No one — no one — who had a signficant hand in driving this once-proud (hi Tank) franchise into a ditch should survive. The optics of the situation should not elude Terry again. Now, it was AP that reported that Terry would retain Brandon, and other media outlets are saying Terry was non commital. Brandon=Quinn, no?

That's a copout answer. No one — no one — who had a signficant hand in driving this once-proud (hi Tank) franchise into a ditch should survive. The optics of the situation should not elude Terry again. Now, it was AP that reported that Terry would retain Brandon, and other media outlets are saying Terry was non commital. Brandon=Quinn, no?

Doesn't seem to be the same thing to me. Brandon WAS the GM and took himself out of that role because he didn't have the background. He knew/knows that (as far as the football side is concerned) there are lots of people smarter than him.

LQ always comes across w/ a much more negative & self-focused vibe IMHO. Always seems to need it to be about him.

Edited by Taro T

The "once-proud" cliche works here.

The car was already in the ditch by the time Brandon had even a loose influence on football operations.

The "once-proud" cliche works here.

The Bills are no more qualified for this than the Sabres. They had one great stretch, but have been bad for the majority of their existence.

The Bills are no more qualified for this than the Sabres. They had one great stretch, but have been bad for the majority of their existence.

I would think that two AFL championships and four straight Super Bowls is "proud." Missing the playoffs for 14 straight years is far worse than the Sabres current drought... They're not even comparable.

I would think that two AFL championships and four straight Super Bowls is "proud." Missing the playoffs for 14 straight years is far worse than the Sabres current drought... They're not even comparable.

Nobody cares about AFL championships. Maybe they should, but they don't. I personally take zero pride in them. The Super Bowl run is the only thing in Bills NFL history to be proud of. The high may have been higher, but it was very short lived and the Sabres have been more competitive on a consistent basis.

Nobody cares about AFL championships. Maybe they should, but they don't. I personally take zero pride in them. The Super Bowl run is the only thing in Bills NFL history to be proud of. The high may have been higher, but it was very short lived and the Sabres have been more competitive on a consistent basis.

OJ

I guess I'll just refer back to the others' answers. No, he's not Quinn.

Maybe you take no pride in them because they happened, oh I don't know, close to 25 years before you were born?

The AFL Championships happened in the early to early-mid 60's ... 50 years ago. For them to have any meaning in your life you are either over 50 years old, or have someone near you who was old enough to enjoy them ... someone in their 60's +.

Maybe you take no pride in them because they happened, oh I don't know, close to 25 years before you were born?

The AFL Championships happened in the early to early-mid 60's ... 50 years ago. For them to have any meaning in your life you are either over 50 years old, or have someone near you who was old enough to enjoy them ... someone in their 60's +.

I don't think that's it. Granted I wasn't alive for them either, but plenty of people are still proud over championships 30 years ago that their teams one (1972 Dolphins). I think it's more that the league wasn't really formed when the AFL championships were played; when the SB came around, that's when the NFL started, and so Super Bowl is the championship, that's it.

Mike Williams out unexpectedly.

Lots of stuff here, but might just be LaConfora throwing ###### at a wall and hoping something sticks...

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24749471/pegula-family-expected-to-bring-outside-consultants-to-help-with-bills-transition?v=1&vc=1

Few things

-says bills are looking for a consultant and that Ernie Accorsi, Mike Holmgren and Tom Wolf are candidates.

-GM will report to the Pegulas and not Russ Brandon anymore.

-If they decide to fire Marron, Frank Reich might be the top candidate to replace him.

Mike Williams out unexpectedly.

Lots of stuff here, but might just be LaConfora throwing ###### at a wall and hoping something sticks...

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24749471/pegula-family-expected-to-bring-outside-consultants-to-help-with-bills-transition?v=1&vc=1

Few things

-says bills are looking for a consultant and that Ernie Accorsi, Mike Holmgren and Tom Wolf are candidates.

-GM will report to the Pegulas and not Russ Brandon anymore.

-If they decide to fire Marron, Frank Reich might be the top candidate to replace him.

Frank Reich would be interesting.

Not exactly a splashy hire

Not sure what "splashy" hire we could conceivably make that would be a good idea. The smart move is a guy who has been around the league and hasn't been sitting out for a couple years or been in college.

Not sure what "splashy" hire we could conceivably make that would be a good idea. The smart move is a guy who has been around the league and hasn't been sitting out for a couple years or been in college.

Like Pete Carroll.

Like Pete Carroll.

And Doug Marrone. And Bobby Petrino. And Nick Saban.

Carroll and Harbaugh are exceptions, not the rule.

There also really aren't any guys of their caliber looking to leave the college ranks. Maybe Kevin Sumlin.

EDIT: only included Doug Marrone because he probably earned it if he ends up canned after this season.

Edited by Tankalicious