Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

As much as I am impressed by the teams W-L record this year, several things still need to be corrected by the time training camp rolls around...

1 - Orton is not the answer. He got off to a good start, but his accuracy issues trying to throw to receivers on the run is AWFUL. EJ is not the answer. They need to take advantage of the defense that has been put together, and get a QB in here that can be competent enough to get them to the playoffs NEXT YEAR.

2 - Offensive playcalling/schemes still a big question mark. Marrone can stay another year, but only if a proven OC is brought in to replace Hackett Jr.

3 - Not figuring out a way to get Watkins the ball more is puzzling. 5 out of 14 games where you would consider his stats to be acceptable, is not good enough. See #2.

4 - Fix the OL. It is still a problem area in the run and pass games. Draft OL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, but find some players that can play. Enough of Urbik & Pears. Wood is average at best. Glenn has regressed, and Henderson...who knows. All I heard about early in the season is the great depth they have at OL. I don't see it in the starters or backups.

1) Praises defensive performance against Pack

2) Someone immediately brings up negative and accuses you of making excuses.

I no longer know what you are talking about. I don't think the first thing you think happened, happened. I don't think the second thing you think happened, happened. I don't know why you assume comments are about you, or what people are saying, when you are barely part of the conversation?

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

I do think Schwartz will get some looks as a HC this offseason. Maybe even in Chicago. If he leaves what do we do? Promote Pepper Johnson?

Make sure to keep the Dline in tact and proceed to not care who the coordinator is. Exaggeration, of course, but as long as we keep the players together I think we'll be fine there unless we hire a complete stooge.

Looking ahead, the Bills have a shot, and it's more than just mathematical. Here are our competitors remaining schedules

Cincinnati (9-4-1): vs. Denver, at Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh (9-5): vs. Kansas City, vs. Cincinnati.

Baltimore (9-5): at Houston, vs. Cleveland.

Kansas City (8-6): at Pittsburgh, vs. San Diego.

San Diego (8-6): at San Francisco, at Kansas City.

Buffalo (8-6): at Oakland, at New England.

The most important games next week, other than our's, are KC @ Pitt, and Bal @ Houston and SD @ SF. If Pitt, Houston, and SF win, and we win, we hold our destiny in our hands heading into NE. I don't think that's at all unreasonable. KC won't have the advantage of Aerohead in Pitt, and they can't go shot-for-shot against Roth and Leveon Bell. If SF can salvage some pride and pull of an upset, and Houston manages to have JJ Watt play QB too, we could win.

All in all, there're a lot of teams ahead of us that are going to hurt one another. If we can have one of those teams destroy the others, Pitt is who we'd want to win out, then we might have something here.

Then again. this could happen too:

If San Diego playing Saturday beats San Fran and then KC, and Baltimore win the early games on Sunday Bills are eliminated before they play unless the improbable week 17 tie in factors in.-Random poster on TBD

Edited by WildCard

Make sure to keep the Dline in tact and proceed to not care who the coordinator is. Exaggeration, of course, but as long as we keep the players together I think we'll be fine there unless we hire a complete stooge.

I agree. Schwartz is the best man for the job because this defense really did take a big jump under his watch after losing Pettine and Alonso. My hope is they pay Hughes early and then get stuff handled quickly. Then spend the rest of the offseason trying to extend Dareus.

Another thing that's likely: Mario Williams restructures his deal. His cap hit next year is $19 million (yes, $19M). His salary this year is $12.1M. Convert about $9M of that to a bonus and you save $6M in cap space. Restructuring is often a bad idea long-term for the team, though.

Looking ahead, the Bills have a shot, and it's more than just mathematical. Here are our competitors remaining schedules

The most important games next week, other than our's, are KC @ Pitt, and Bal @ Houston and SD @ SF. If Pitt, Houston, and SF win, and we win, we hold our destiny in our hands heading into NE. I don't think that's at all unreasonable. KC won't have the advantage of Aerohead in Pitt, and they can't go shot-for-shot against Roth and Leveon Bell. If SF can salvage some pride and pull of an upset, and Houston manages to have JJ Watt play QB too, we could win.

All in all, there're a lot of teams ahead of us that are going to hurt one another. If we can have one of those teams destroy the others, Pitt is who we'd want to win out, then we might have something here.

[/background]

That TBD poster is wrong, by the way. Howard Simon claimed that and it turned out to be wrong. They can't be eliminated this week unless they lose.

Imagine this D intact next year with a healthy Kiko, Possible upgrade of 1 or 2 other positions with Schwartz still here.......

And an offense

That TBD poster is wrong, by the way. Howard Simon claimed that and it turned out to be wrong. They can't be eliminated this week unless they lose.

Leave it to us, to go on the road and lose to the ever struggling Raiders, if that happened for any reason then bye bye staff.

However if we do win, I'm not loving our chances against NE to finish the end of the year

So the NE game should mean something no matter what. It's been a long time since that's happened.

Either one of KC or SD won't make it as they play each other in the last week. I don't know how the tie works for the Bengals in the standings, but either way we need the Ravens to lose a game.

That statement WildCard posted does not claim that they can be eliminated this week despite winning. It requires SD to win both of their games.

Side note, as far as I can tell, if Baltimore beats Houston, Buffalo won't win a tiebreaker against anyone.

So the NE game should mean something no matter what. It's been a long time since that's happened.

Either one of KC or SD won't make it as they play each other in the last week. I don't know how the tie works for the Bengals in the standings, but either way we need the Ravens to lose a game.

Don't need the Ravens to lose. If Cinci loses twice and the winner of the KC-SD game loses their other game, Buffalo will make it in (with 2 wins, of course).

That statement WildCard posted does not claim that they can be eliminated this week despite winning. It requires SD to win both of their games.

Side note, as far as I can tell, if Baltimore beats Houston, Buffalo won't win a tiebreaker against anyone.

Don't need the Ravens to lose. If Cinci loses twice and the winner of the KC-SD game loses their other game, Buffalo will make it in (with 2 wins, of course).

Actually, it says EXACTLY that. Says that the Bills could be eliminated before they play Sunday unless ties happen in Week 17.

But, upon further review, it's true. They can be eliminated before they play.

Actually, it says EXACTLY that. Says that the Bills could be eliminated before they play Sunday unless ties happen in Week 17.

But, upon further review, it's true. They can be eliminated before they play.

You know what it EXACTLY says?

If San Diego playing Saturday beats San Fran and then KC

So do please tell me how the Chargers can play San Francisco AND Kansas City before Buffalo plays their next game. I'd sure so like to hear it.

You know what it EXACTLY says?

[/background][/font][/color][/font][/color]

So do please tell me how the Chargers can play San Francisco AND Kansas City before Buffalo plays their next game. I'd sure so like to hear it.

So then the quote is idiotic in the first place. But it's still right if it cuts out the Kansas City part.

[/background]

That Bal-Hou game is the key. No way Bal loses against a 4th String Qb, but that would open the door a crack

cutler.......-how an organization would sign a guy like that long term. kinda like how could an organization-against the advice of every other teams scouts, his OWN coach,and all the people who watched him play every one of his college games--draft ej before the4th round.

1st round pick EJ Manuel would be tearing it up on the Eagles right now if we hadn't picked him at 16.

Whaley says he's keeping Marrone next season, heard on radio today.

If Hackett stays, I may lose it

I still don't understand how everyone can agree that the Quarterback and both guards are amongst the worst in the league, one OT is having a sub par year and the other OT is a 7th round draft choice just learning his trade yet somehow we blame the OC for offensive futility. What exactly is he supposed to do ?

I still don't understand how everyone can agree that the Quarterback and both guards are amongst the worst in the league, one OT is having a sub par year and the other OT is a 7th round draft choice just learning his trade yet somehow we blame the OC for offensive futility. What exactly is he supposed to do ?

I think people are fed up with the conservatism.