Grigorenko

bob_sauve28

I agree their would be plenty of teams that would want him. I'm just not a fan of his game. If you are going to be a stay at home tough defenseman than don't be -30.

Nobody wants him, he sucks. Stay at home tough defensemen who suck are a dime a dozen.... every organization has dozens of those guys in their system. There's a reason they're not in the NHL, except in Buffalo.

Weber will be in the NHL in 2015-16.

Doubt it.

I agree their would be plenty of teams that would want him. I'm just not a fan of his game. If you are going to be a stay at home tough defenseman than don't be -30.

Lessons I learned in 2014:

Having a baby is awesome

The tank isn't fun to watch

SabresBillsFan hates Mike Weber

That's funny! I'm not a fan of the tank either but think it's necessary to complete it. Oh and you forgot to mention that I felt EJ Manual is a bust and look now he's benched- go figure.

Can a guy drafted a round or 2 too early in the middle of the first round be considered a bust? I think he's exactly where a lot of people thought he would be.

Can a guy drafted a round or 2 too early in the middle of the first round be considered a bust? I think he's exactly where a lot of people thought he would be.

Come on you can't tell me that alot of people saw Buffalo taking EJ over Geno. Not saying Geno is good but I think they reached for EJ. And then you wonder why the Bills have had QB issues for how many years. It wasn't like the guy was this super great player out of college.

Come on you can't tell me that alot of people saw Buffalo taking EJ over Geno. Not saying Geno is good but I think they reached for EJ. And then you wonder why the Bills have had QB issues for how many years. It wasn't like the guy was this super great player out of college.

Inkman is saying basically the same thing you are. He shouldn't have been drafted where he was. Therefore, how can he be a bust when he shouldn't have been there.? Bust labels are for guys with high expectations attached to them.

EJ could use some time in the AHL, unfortunately he's not eligible.

Naw, he's 24 and came from the NCAA, so he can go to the 'Merks. The problem is he signed his entry level at 22 and has played 70 NHL equivalent games, so he's have to clear waivers. I expect the panthers would pick him up as a gimmick to try and fill the stands withe a local boy on the roster. It sucks, but the CBA is what it is, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Grigorenko does something very important on his goal which I think Sabres forwards forget to do. On offense if you want to receive a pass in the open you need to fade off the defender, an then magically you are wide open. Grigorenko should stay the entire year in Rochester. Maybe a call up for a few games to let him know he is doing well but outside of that, grow our little Russian enigma, grow.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.