Grigorenko

bob_sauve28

• 3 months later...

Wouldn't it be incredible if this guy actually panned out. I have all but forgotten about his existance but man, to add him as a real piece in a year? I just can't get myself to believe that he is going to make it but that is because of his horrendous journey thus far I suppose.

Guest Sloth

Wouldn't it be incredible if this guy actually panned out. I have all but forgotten about his existance but man, to add him as a real piece in a year? I just can't get myself to believe that he is going to make it but that is because of his horrendous journey thus far I suppose.

I understand what you're saying. Can't say I don't have any doubt about him. However, I do think w/ Grigorenko having less pressure in the AHL, being on the same ice w/ other possible high ceiling teammates, and having a stable coaching/gm situation he actually has a good chance of becoming the player we all want him to be. Hopefully things work out.

Grigorenko most assuredly has this year and next year in the AHL to work on his game and prove himself. He was the epitome of last days of Regier. Mismanaged and rushed he realistically should be where his fellow early to mid teens draft mates are, rounding out their games and learning to be professionals. I am not saying he makes it but I am saying I refuse to throw this baby out with the smelly DR bath water.

Grigorenko most assuredly has this year and next year in the AHL to work on his game and prove himself. He was the epitome of last days of Regier. Mismanaged and rushed he realistically should be where his fellow early to mid teens draft mates are, rounding out their games and learning to be professionals. I am not saying he makes it but I am saying I refuse to throw this baby out with the smelly DR bath water.

Highly doubt he plays two full years in the AHL.

Guest Sloth

Highly doubt he plays two full years in the AHL.

He'll spend most of the upcoming season in the AHL. Probably a good portion of the 2015/16 season. He'll get called up for this, that and the other. Earliest I see him getting the call is in December. And it won't be for the remainder of the season. More of a when need be. It'll give him experience.

Edited by thanes16

Guest Sloth

I hope Grigorenko is POed by the Sabres drafting Reinhart and it motivates him to work harder than ever this Summer.

Not only POed, but also excited about having new teammates in the same boat he is in. They can build off each other. A new "core" is slowly, but surely being established.

Not only POed, but also excited about having new teammates in the same boat he is in. They can build off each other. A new "core" is slowly, but surely being established.

None of the guys we drafted will play with Grigs this year, maybe Rinehart for a game or two

Why would he be pissed off? Are the Sabres not supposed to draft centers anymore? The NHL draft isn't like the NFL or NBA where each pick has direct and immediately strong ramifications against those already in the organization.

Will Reinhart be pissed when we draft McDavid/Eichel?

Guest Sloth

None of the guys we drafted will play with Grigs this year, maybe Rinehart for a game or two

I know that. I should've worded it differently. For a portion of his early years he'll be able to play w/ players who have the same hopes/expectations. And in my opinion, his early years start now.

Edited by thanes16

Grigs this year should be judged like Armia last.

If he improves over the season and is making a real contribution at the end, we should still have some hope he can make the NHL.

It should be the first taste of stability he's had in a long time.

If he puts up 50 points, we can maybe get excited about him again.

Grigs this year should be judged like Armia last.

If he improves over the season and is making a real contribution at the end, we should still have some hope he can make the NHL.

It should be the first taste of stability he's had in a long time.

If he puts up 50 points, we can maybe get excited about him again.

If Grigo put up 50 points he will be traded for more value. GMTM does not like Russians.

What don't you like about young Reiny?

It's more what I like about Bennet rather than what I don't like about Reinhart. Sounds like he'll be fine but the speed, production and attitude really drew me toward Bennet. I hope both have long fruitful careers.

It's more what I like about Bennet rather than what I don't like about Reinhart. Sounds like he'll be fine but the speed, production and attitude really drew me toward Bennet. I hope both have long fruitful careers.

I love Reinharts attitude so far. But, alas, this is a Grigorenko thread.

How about that Joel Armia, huh?

So if you didn't care to spell Reinhart's name right because you didn't want him, why don't you spell Bennett's name correctly? ;)

Just messing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.