Grigorenko

bob_sauve28

Grigorenko does something very important on his goal which I think Sabres forwards forget to do. On offense if you want to receive a pass in the open you need to fade off the defender, an then magically you are wide open. Grigorenko should stay the entire year in Rochester. Maybe a call up for a few games to let him know he is doing well but outside of that, grow our little Russian enigma, grow.

He also helps battles hard in the corner to keep the puck alive. Its the kind of "compete" i like to see.

after this year we should ban two words "compete" and "suffering".

Edited by Heimdall

Grigorenko does something very important on his goal which I think Sabres forwards forget to do. On offense if you want to receive a pass in the open you need to fade off the defender, an then magically you are wide open. Grigorenko should stay the entire year in Rochester. Maybe a call up for a few games to let him know he is doing well but outside of that, grow our little Russian enigma, grow.

I think his defender took off like at a bat out of hell and forgot about his positioning. Grigs just stayed back and was wide open. He will get this type of goal in the AHL. Unless we trade him and he is playing against us I don't see that happening often in the big league.

I think his defender took off like at a bat out of hell and forgot about his positioning. Grigs just stayed back and was wide open. He will get this type of goal in the AHL. Unless we trade him and he is playing against us I don't see that happening often in the big league.

But the interesting part is how he fades away from the defender. A lot of times when you watch the Sabres they don't do this. They are actively battling for position against a guy. Chris Drury use to drop down to the post and then fade off of it because the defender had to stay in front and it left Chris open for a shot. Just something to keep an eye on as Grigorenko develops and moves forward, could be a fluke, could be a good sign.

I wouldn't underestimate the importance of positioning and how often that will get you goals on every team

I wouldn't underestimate the importance of positioning and how often that will get you goals on every team

I totally get that. My point is it appeared the defender did a terrible job holding his position. Listen, I want nothing more than Grigs to become a stud. I think he could possibly end up being the most talented player to come out of this rebuild.

I totally get that. My point is it appeared the defender did a terrible job holding his position. Listen, I want nothing more than Grigs to become a stud. I think he could possibly end up being the most talented player to come out of this rebuild.

yup the defender did a poor job, and the goalie didn't look to great either. But I liked grigs being in the right position and using his size and reach to get the puck into the net. It's such a simple play, but you have to admit, some of our nhl players would screw it up

But the interesting part is how he fades away from the defender. A lot of times when you watch the Sabres they don't do this. They are actively battling for position against a guy. Chris Drury use to drop down to the post and then fade off of it because the defender had to stay in front and it left Chris open for a shot. Just something to keep an eye on as Grigorenko develops and moves forward, could be a fluke, could be a good sign.

I still feel like he could become one of the best if not the best to come out of that 2012 draft year.

Except for Reilly, murray and galchenyuk i don't see many doing better at the moment.

oops almost forogt hertl and maatta.

Edited by Heimdall

Oh absolutely the defender did a terrible job. No disagreement there.

Zemgus.

Imagine Zemgus centering Patrick Hornqvist and Ryan Callahan... that line would get dirty points left and right.

I still feel like he could become one of the best if not the best to come out of that 2012 draft year.

Except for Reilly, murray and galchenyuk i don't see many doing better at the moment.

oops almost forogt hertl and maatta.

Hard to say with Grigorenko, he definitely has a ton of raw talent, I just hope he matures properly. All good things come to those who wait.

He looked really solid against Chicago's farm club offensively speaking. He could still use some time on the PK and other formats of the game, but I was overly impressed with him and William Carrier. Armia is also making a lot of progress. I would hold him down for the majority of the season.

Thanks for the updates guys. There are very limited avenues for me to watch Amerk games so I appreciate the updates and am thrilled to hear what Grigo has been doing down there. This is for a different thread but I was very impressed with Carrier this summer at development camp so thanks for the update Cerebral on how he has impressed you. Encouraging.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.