Grigorenko

bob_sauve28

Yup. I kinda wonder what happens when Reinhart gets sent back to Juniors or looks mediocre while only putting up 25pts.

Dude will get the benefit of the doubt because...I don't know why. Why are the haters hating on Grigorenko?

Dude will get the benefit of the doubt because...I don't know why. Why are the haters hating on Grigorenko?

Why ask why?

I'm still hopeful that he ends up showing why he was considered to be a realistic top 3 pick heading into his draft year. IF, and that's a very big if, he can, the Sabres go from essentially no legit C's last season to in about 3 years from now as having a center corps that is better than Boston's currently is and one which could even rival LA's.

Why ask why?

I'm still hopeful that he ends up showing why he was considered to be a realistic top 3 pick heading into his draft year. IF, and that's a very big if, he can, the Sabres go from essentially no legit C's last season to in about 3 years from now as having a center corps that is better than Boston's currently is and one which could even rival LA's.

That is if Reinhart/Girgensons work out and we get a top two spot next year.

That is if Reinhart/Girgensons work out and we get a top two spot next year.

Don't absolutely need McDavid/Eichel to have a serious C crew if Sam plays like a #2 overall, Grigo plays like a #3 overall, and Girgs continues his current growth. Add a ~#5 overall or even Ennis as the other and it creates some legit matchup issues for other coaches.

That's why Grigo is interesting to me. He's POSSIBLY the 3rd best player his draft year, and he was picked up w/ essentially the Stafford or Zagrapan pick. It was worth the roll of the dice.

Because he was a first round pick, and people want immediate results?

He could become a solid contributor for a long time. He could become nothing. People want to know the future today, I guess.

I think that there is a decent chance that the kid makes the sabres this season. Going on a gut feeling(same one that said Mtl over Boston this year). Call me crazy, call me stupid, but come October I'll be hoping to get a chance to say told you so.

I think that there is a decent chance that the kid makes the sabres this season. Going on a gut feeling(same one that said Mtl over Boston this year). Call me crazy, call me stupid, but come October I'll be hoping to get a chance to say told you so.

I just don't see how it's possible. In training camp and preseason he'll have to prove he's worthy of a top 6 role on this team. The center depth is not much to speak of but they can't put him in a 3rd or 4th line role. It doesn't work.

I just don't see how it's possible. In training camp and preseason he'll have to prove he's worthy of a top 6 role on this team. The center depth is not much to speak of but they can't put him in a 3rd or 4th line role. It doesn't work.

He needs to be more nhl ready than Samson and Ennis.

I think he spends 40 games in racha ah.

Grigorenko should spend the entire year in Rochester with no possibility of a call up. He needs stability to grow. We can't bounce him here there and everywhere again. Give him a roll and then give him the games to learn and execute.

4 teams 5 coaches for the last two years (6 coaches in total I believe)

He needs to be more nhl ready than Samson and Ennis.

I think he spends 40 games in racha ah.

I suppose Grigs fate is indirectly tied to Reino. If Samson is the BMOC (or HNIC for my BFAM) then putting Grigs in the "A" to marinate (###### weird term I hear AP use) makes sense. I still see both Hodgson and Ennis and wingers with the possibility of even Girgs as well. If that's all true and Grigs is in the A and Samson is in the minors that leaves Mitchell, McCormick and ???? As the centers. We know for this year at least Ennis will be at center if not Girgs and Hodgson if necessary. At least it's good to have guys that can play the position as opposed to Leino, who just said Zero ###### Given when asked to play center.

10 Internet points for whoever decifers all my acronyms

• 2 months later...

How many of you think he'll make the sabres as 2C this year?

I read on many forums they want him to "earn" his spot in the AHL first, but if he keeps playing like last night this doesn't make sense to me.

He is physically mature, responsible in his own zone and might mesh with Hodgson (who really needs someone) offensively.

Next to Ristolainen, he is now for me one of the prime candidates to actually make it.

And for me he has earned it, he has been positive coming into camp, showed he wanted to make it by working out during summer, besides all the bad press he has gotten.

Being advertised for 2 yrs as "the russian floater" , "prime KHL candidate" and a bust, it takes great mentality to overcome that. To me that even screams future leadership material.

I also read many don't want Reinhart to go back to juniors, reason i bring this up is. Reinhart isn't physically ready for NHL, and i don't want thim to become a concussion case.

Also if i was Grigorenko, I'd be pretty pissed they would give Samson playing time, while he got send back to juniors because of not being physically mature.

If Nolan holds true to what he's been preaching, Grigorenko and Armia make the team out of camp. How long they would last on the big club is anybodies guess, but it would be a positive reinforcement for all the hard work they put in this summer and in camp. Reward them but put them on a short leash. Give Reinhart his 9 games or whatever (so I can see him in ANA), and then send him back. He needs to find his man body.

If Nolan holds true to what he's been preaching, Grigorenko and Armia make the team out of camp. How long they would last on the big club is anybodies guess, but it would be a positive reinforcement for all the hard work they put in this summer and in camp. Reward them but put them on a short leash. Give Reinhart his 9 games or whatever (so I can see him in ANA), and then send him back. He needs to find his man body.

I'll have to check over the roster but I'm not sure they can keep all those players you mentioned. Just pure number of bodies.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.