Sabres call up Adam and Deslauriers

Hoss

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres

NEWS: The #Sabres have recalled forwards @LukeJAdam and Nicolas Deslauriers from @AmerksHockey.

I doubt Deslauriers even plays, but it'd be nice to see him get a shot.

Oooooo a shiny new toy! It will be nice to be able to watch a player with a potential to be on the team in the future instead of the random FA scabs.

Oh and Luke Adam... :death:

I'd be quite interested to watch a game including Luker, Deslauriers and Conacher in place of Ellis, Scott and Kenopka.

I've lost track of why these guys would be getting a call.

Who's injured?

Zemgus and Stewart?

Yes -- unfortunately both of them are hurt.

03/07 – SABRES RECALL ADAM, DESLAURIERS

BUFFALO, N.Y. (March 7, 2014) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled forwards Luke Adam and Nicolas Deslauriers from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL). The forwards have been recalled on an emergency basis due to injuries.

Adam (6/18/90, 6’2″, 206 lbs) joins the Sabres for the second time this season after being called up on Nov. 20 for a nine-game stint in which he recorded one goal. Currently the Amerks’ second-highest scorer, Adam has notched 42 points (24+18) in 42 AHL games in 2013-14. In four seasons with the Sabres organization, Adam has appeared in 84 NHL games and recorded 26 points (15+11). The St. John’s, Newfoundland native was drafted by Buffalo in the second round (44th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and signed a one-year contract with the Sabres in July 2013.

Deslauriers (6’1”, 230 lbs., 2/22/91) was acquired by the Sabres on March 5 as part of a trade with the Los Angeles Kings and is being called up to the NHL for the first time in his career. He has led the Manchester Monarchs, the AHL affiliate of the Kings, in goals (18) and shots (217) this season, totaling 39 points (18+21) through 60 games in his first professional season as a forward.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'd be quite interested to watch a game including Luker, Deslauriers and Conacher in place of Ellis, Scott and Kenopka.

Me too, but since they were emergency recalls who have to be returned once the injured players return then I doubt they both play. Maybe Adam.

Since two players are injured, they'll all play and they just need to sit Scott who played forward yesterday, and Kenopka already was a scratch. Although if it was me I'd sit Leino.

Edited by pastajoe

Since two players are injured, they'll all play and they just need to sit Scott who played forward yesterday. Although if it was me I'd sit Leino.

Conacher and Zenon will play in place of the injured players probably.

Oooooo a shiny new toy! It will be nice to be able to watch a player with a potential to be on the team in the future instead of the random FA scabs.

Oh and Luke Adam... :death:

Deslauriers is only one year younger than Adam and still hasn't played in the NHL.

That cuts both ways. They wouldn't have changed his position if he was tearing it up as a defenseman.

I agree.

@pham1717

According to Conacher's brother he's having travel troubles in Buffalo. Mitchell was limping badly in the room after the game so that might be why Adam and DesLauliers got the emergency recall. We already know Girgensons and Stewart are out.

Me too, but since they were emergency recalls who have to be returned once the injured players return then I doubt they both play. Maybe Adam.

Well, they don't HAVE to be returned. They could choose to keep one of them up and burn a recall. That's more than likely not happening though unless something crazy happens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.