Sabres call up Adam and Deslauriers

Hoss

Any news on Zemgus or Stewart?

On Stewart - Might be out for the season.

Zemgus - Day-to-day

That pretty much sums up that Luke is a career AHLer or a throw in on draft day.

His contract is up after this season. I have to think that his days in this organization are over.

On Stewart - Might be out for the season.

Zemgus - Day-to-day

His contract is up after this season. I have to think that his days in this organization are over.

Why? He's a good player for us in Rochester, and it's not like the Sabres hesitate to bring him up when they need him. Plus if he's looking for a crummy NHL team to earn playing time with, we're at the top of that list.

I don't think we'd mind keeping him around and I'm not sure he has a ton of great options elsewhere.

Has anyone else been mildly impressed with Deslauriers? He skates fairly well. His size has been noticeable in the corners on almost ever play. Has decent hands and seems to like shooting. His back checking is solid and he looks fairly decent in the NHL thus far.

Has anyone else been mildly impressed with Deslauriers? He skates fairly well. His size has been noticeable in the corners on almost ever play. Has decent hands and seems to like shooting. His back checking is solid and he looks fairly decent in the NHL thus far.

Multiple people, including myself, have said that they are impressed. Solid but nothing special so far. Could be a good third/fourth liner.

I like what I've seen. TN has also said a couple of complimentary things about him.

Why? He's a good player for us in Rochester, and it's not like the Sabres hesitate to bring him up when they need him. Plus if he's looking for a crummy NHL team to earn playing time with, we're at the top of that list.

I don't think we'd mind keeping him around and I'm not sure he has a ton of great options elsewhere.

At some point it's just time to go your separate ways. Nobody is really benefitting from the relationship anymore. We have plenty of occasional call ups, and it's not that hard to find guys who can produce at the AHL level. Solid chance that Adam goes somewhere that gives him more of an NHL opportunity or to a team that has an AHL team closer to where he wants to be.

At some point it's just time to go your separate ways. Nobody is really benefitting from the relationship anymore. We have plenty of occasional call ups, and it's not that hard to find guys who can produce at the AHL level. Solid chance that Adam goes somewhere that gives him more of an NHL opportunity or to a team that has an AHL team closer to where he wants to be.

Who are these occasional call ups up front? Outside of Porter I can't think of one forward who has been back and forth between Rochester/Buffalo this year and I can't picture him sticking around beyond this year.

Who are these occasional call ups up front? Outside of Porter I can't think of one forward who has been back and forth between Rochester/Buffalo this year and I can't picture him sticking around beyond this year.

Porter, Ellis. Next year Mitchell could become one. Some of the young guys could become that. How many do we need?

Porter, Ellis. Next year Mitchell could become one. Some of the young guys could become that. How many do we need?

Adam is still one of those young guys. Ellis has stuck with the big club for quite a while now, hasn't he? My memory might be a bit off on that one. Anyway, people seem to want to move away from it nowadays, but team's need depth guys like Adam. Even if he never gets called up, it's good to have him in Rochester. He's also cheap and under the Sabres control, so there is no reason to walk away from that. They're still a bit thin up front. Unless a ton of roster shuffling is coming up (which actually is fairly likely), they should give him a qualifying offer.

As for Mitchell, I think he sticks full time as a 4th liner.

Here is a good write up on Deslauriers

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/move-from-defense-to-wing-helped-sabres-nicolas-deslauriers-earn-notice-first-nhl-recall/

“He’s a big body. He’s a big guy,” Nolan said. “The one thing I liked when I saw him on a different team was … his compassion for the game, his energy level. His physicality. He likes to hit. He likes to be aggressive. Those are the type of players we need here in Buffalo.”

Deslauriers said he tries “to put the puck on net, finish every hit.”

“That’s the main point, just try to keep the puck down low,” he said. “I think the size that I have, just up and go and be good defensively.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.