All about St. Louis's Blues

darksabre

We might as well hold off on this discussion for a couple months. He was brought in for the playoffs. The rest is just filler.

I was just about to post this. I'll judge miller in the playoffs. That's why they got him, and that's how the team and their fans will judge him.

They are very injured team in a scoring slump, not to mention the are a very physical team at the end of long regular season

All kidding aside, this is starting to prove correct a theory I had going into this trade; albeit a small sample size so far. I think each team reaches a point where goaltending really can't be improved much more. When you look at fluke bounces, deflections and odd goals scored because of scrums (the types of goals where the goaltender wouldn't make a differnce) there is really only so much you can improve a team's save percentage. With the style of game the Blues play I think they were just fine with Halak and Elliot. They were #1 in save percentage two years ago, they were a top 5 this year until Miller got there. When you are one of the best save percentage teams in the league and you're looking for that extra edge to push you over the top, in my opinion you don't mess with what is working. I don't think they had that much to gain by trading for Miller. If you have a poor defensive team with Halak, Elliot and Miller..... Miller is going to be the better goaltender. If you have a great defensive team with Halak, Elliot and Miller...... nobody is going to stand out. Their offense picked a bad time to slump.

Even though I don't entirely agree, I think this theory is approximately 3000% more plausible than your Olympics theory :)

I love the Blues though - a Dallas Stars player just charged up to the goal and gave Miller a nice snow-shower - Blues were all over him -one Blues had the guy in a headlock. Imagine if the Stars had speared Ryan like the Rangers did to Hackett? Gloves would have been off, fights would have happened.

Just last week the Blues were up 4 points for the conference lead in what looked like a first round matchup with Dallas, Glendale or even Minnesota. Now they're tied with Colorado for the division lead. We could end up seeing a Blues-Hawks first round matchup if the Blues can't take the division. Colorado plays the Ducks and Sharks to finish off the season and the Avs hold the tie-breaker.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Miller is tanking at the wrong time. 4 losses in last 5 games. He gave up 4 goals in each loss.

Blues picked a bad time to play some bad hockey, now the injuries are piling up. Plus throw in Miller post Olympic's and he doesn't look like that top notch goalie anymore. I said this years ago when Miller wanted to be the USA starting goalie in the last 2 Olympic years he has looked great until after the Olympics and then it's back to his normal self.

Well with this loss to the Stars ...the Blues are eliminated from the President's Trophy

Stars under Lindy Ruff played a great game and made the playoffs. Kinda shows the real problem at the Sabres was probably Regier and not Ruff.

Looks like Ryan Miller & Co can't beat a Lindy Ruff team. I think Ryan has lost every time he's faced the Stars this year.

I still wonder if the Blues' achilles heel is lack of high end offensive skill. They play great as a team, but there may come a time in the playoffs when they wish they had a Kane-level offensive player.

It's been their problem for a while now. Remember when the Predators underwhelmed in the playoffs because they couldn't score? That's my fear for the Blues.

Hmmmmm

Ryan Miller's stats in the last 5 games of the season are decidedly unimpressive - a 3.6 GAA, and a SVG% of only 0.856 He's been on a slide since shutting out Philly.

I hope he can play well enough in the post-season to help us get the draft pick. I wonder if he's playing hurt?

Miller may have to go all out Brodeur style and start scoring a few goals. The Blues scored 7 goals in 8 games in April. I don't know if you can just flip a switch and immediately jump out of that funk, but at the same time, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it did happen.

Miller may have to go all out Brodeur style and start scoring a few goals. The Blues scored 7 goals in 8 games in April. I don't know if you can just flip a switch and immediately jump out of that funk, but at the same time, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it did happen.

Ryan Miller is average, duh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.