All about St. Louis's Blues

darksabre

Ryan Miller talks about last night's shutout and the emotions of seeing his Buffalo teammates in town. <5:20>

@IanSabresPR

With the #Sabres and #STLBlues facing off tomorrow, here's a breakdown of the potential scenarios for the 2/28 trade.

BkPULwnCMAEfZ-l.jpg

I believe MIller has to play at least 50% of the time in the first two rounds, so if they ride Elliot to the WCF, it means we don't get their first this year.

GO SABRES!!!

You are indeed correct.

I believe MIller has to play at least 50% of the time in the first two rounds, so if they ride Elliot to the WCF, it means we don't get their first this year.

GO SABRES!!!

And let's not kid ourselves, the only way St. Louis rides Elliot in the playoffs is if Miller's legs fall off.

Otter now has the WORST plus/minus in the NHL. He's 5 ahead of even Weber.

And it seems odd they were resting Ryan Miller again. They just sat him in the Buffalo game a few days before. It's not like they were playing a bottom rung team like the current Sabres - the Hawks are top-shelf.

And it seems odd they were resting Ryan Miller again. They just sat him in the Buffalo game a few days before. It's not like they were playing a bottom rung team like the current Sabres - the Hawks are top-shelf.

Could be minor injury

He played Saturday. Miller won't see too many back to back games.

GO SABRES!!!

They may not even make the top of their division now.... Colorado is tied with them at 111 points with 2 games to play.

I think they've on the verge of losing the President's Trophy too. Boston is 4 points ahead with only 4 points left on the table. Boston would have to get zero points in their last 2, and Blues win their last 2, for them to have a chance. I'd be astonished if the Bruins don't get a point tomorrow - they're playing the Sabres and the Bruins have lost two in a row AND they need one point to clinch the President's Trophy. :(

They may not even make the top of their division now.... Colorado is tied with them at 111 points with 2 games to play.

I think they've on the verge of losing the President's Trophy too. Boston is 4 points ahead with only 4 points left on the table. Boston would have to get zero points in their last 2, and Blues win their last 2, for them to have a chance. I'd be astonished if the Bruins don't get a point tomorrow - they're playing the Sabres and the Bruins have lost two in a row AND they need one point to clinch the President's Trophy. :(

Joke is on you guys. They don't want the President's Trophy. They know it's Ryan Miller's Kryptonite.

LOL. Funnier each time lol

All kidding aside, this is starting to prove correct a theory I had going into this trade; albeit a small sample size so far. I think each team reaches a point where goaltending really can't be improved much more. When you look at fluke bounces, deflections and odd goals scored because of scrums (the types of goals where the goaltender wouldn't make a differnce) there is really only so much you can improve a team's save percentage. With the style of game the Blues play I think they were just fine with Halak and Elliot. They were #1 in save percentage two years ago, they were a top 5 this year until Miller got there. When you are one of the best save percentage teams in the league and you're looking for that extra edge to push you over the top, in my opinion you don't mess with what is working. I don't think they had that much to gain by trading for Miller. If you have a poor defensive team with Halak, Elliot and Miller..... Miller is going to be the better goaltender. If you have a great defensive team with Halak, Elliot and Miller...... nobody is going to stand out. Their offense picked a bad time to slump.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.