All about St. Louis's Blues

darksabre

I never liked the diving, but I sure as hell never had a problem with him as a player here. Nearly a PPG guy. His antics--whether in the dressing room or on Chippewa--revealed him as immature. He couldn't "grow up" here, and that was troublesome. But he put it out on the ice.

I have never cared if someone was"immature" off the ice. I actually like knowing that some people enjoy life. And he definitely cured his diving problem.

I have never cared if someone was"immature" off the ice. I actually like knowing that some people enjoy life. And he definitely cured his diving problem.

Umm...second period tonight? He did draw the penalty, though.

I still think that many on this board didn't appreciate his production.

Umm...second period tonight? He did draw the penalty, though.

I still think that many on this board didn't appreciate his production.

I was NOT a Roy fan. It had more to do with our ###### GM putting him in a role he couldn't do well in. It didn't have anything to do with any sausage grab pics or anything like that.

I think you summed it up well with "immature". On a team full of leaders noone would have cared. Darcy put him in a role where he needed to be a leader and a go to guy. Set up to fail.

I did. He, like pommer and jochen, was a victim of being out in a role he wasn't designed for.

I was NOT a Roy fan. It had more to do with our ###### GM putting him in a role he couldn't do well in. It didn't have anything to do with any sausage grab pics or anything like that.

I think you summed it up well with "immature". On a team full of leaders noone would have cared. Darcy put him in a role where he needed to be a leader and a go to guy. Set up to fail.

I do think that his immaturity irritated teammates. And on a team full of leaders, well, weave, come on. What team is "full of leaders"? That's a bad team in and of itself; a team needs one general, a couple of majors, and a lot of sergeants and privates.

(Chz, no. Just don't do it on "privates," ok?)

Pommer was in the right role, but with the wrong players. I really think he would make a hell of a captain with a talented team. I can't help but root for that guy. Roy, not so much.

Hecht: right role, wrong salary.

I do think that his immaturity irritated teammates. And on a team full of leaders, well, weave, come on. What team is "full of leaders"? That's a bad team in and of itself; a team needs one general, a couple of majors, and a lot of sergeants and privates.

(Chz, no. Just don't do it on "privates," ok?)

Pommer was in the right role, but with the wrong players. I really think he would make a hell of a captain with a talented team. I can't help but root for that guy. Roy, not so much.

Sergeants are leaders in every organization that I am aware of. Teams like Boston are full of Sergeants.

Roy was a corporal and we needed R. Lee Ermey.

Edited by weave

Sergeants are leaders in every organization that I am aware of. Teams like Boston are full of Sergeants.

Roy was a corporal and we needed R. Lee Ermy.

Boston is full of sergeants. We are definitely in agreement on that.

Derek Roy's Rape Basement

#BecauseIt'sTheCup

Huh?

On a good team, noone would give a crap about Roy's "immaturity".

On a good team, they wouldn't tolerate it. EDIT: That's incorrect, I suppose; the team did win the division in 2010.

The basement with wall to wall mattresses was more disturbing than the crotch sausage picture...or maybe not. :blink:

I don't know what that is, and I am pretty sure I don't need to know.

Edited by Eleven

Huh?

He had a basement with like 15 mattresses just laid out on the floor. It was in some NHL Cribs video.

Pommer: Obviously the "C" was the right role for him. He was amazing. I meant the 1st line scoring winger bit. He was the best 2nd line right wing you could ask for.

Hecht: Everytime he lined up as a centerman, he was in the wrong role.

The basement with wall to wall mattresses was more disturbing than the crotch sausage picture...or maybe not. :blink:

I thought his house showed maturity. He gave his parents their own master bedroom and had the basement for friend to crash in instead of driving home and hurting themselves or someone. A little odd but very cool. He can down to a corn roast in east Otto a few years ago and was not drinking or crazy at all. Very quiet and humble. My parents who are quite the opposite talked to him at length. Very impressed.

I thought his house showed maturity. He gave his parents their own master bedroom and had the basement for friend to crash in instead of driving home and hurting themselves or someone. A little odd but very cool. He can down to a corn roast in east Otto a few years ago and was not drinking or crazy at all. Very quiet and humble. My parents who are quite the opposite talked to him at length. Very impressed.

Celebs have giant houses all the time. The extra room isn't "maturity." It's convenience.

So we already know the definition of the notorious Miller Shut-Out.

Chicago won the 3rd game in the series, spoiling the possibility of a conventional sweep. But if the Blues go on to win this series 4-1, will that be known as a Miller Sweep? :lol: What would the "broom" look like?

So we already know the definition of the notorious Miller Shut-Out.

Chicago won the 3rd game in the series, spoiling the possibility of a conventional sweep. But if the Blues go on to win this series 4-1, will that be known as a Miller Sweep? :lol: What would the "broom" look like?

No a miller sweep requires a 3-0 series lead

the room could be filled with stripper poles. Instead it is a place for friends to crash instead of crashing their car into someone.

It's really a brilliant idea and if I were in his position I'd do the same thing. I just like giving him sh*t about it anyway. :P

The question of a "Miller Sweep" becomes academic now. The big question now - the Blues somehow going to choke away the series after starting with a 2-0 lead?

And out of 21 goalies with stats for the post season at ESPN, Miller is 10th in GAA, and 11th in SVG%

He's definitely posting better stats in the post-season than he did in the last 5 games of the regular season. Let's hope he can keep it up and the Blues outscore the Blackhawks.

He's also faced the 4th most shots against of any goalie so far in the post season, so he's busy out there - more like back in his Buffalo days - average is 32 shots against in the first 4 games.

Number 1 in that last stat however is Miller's direct competition in the series - Corey Crawford - Blues have put 150 shots against him that he's faced, or 37.5 shots against average per game which is a ton of shots

Edited by Jsixspd

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.