Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

I can already say that it wasn't phenomenal. Whether it was good (minimum) or very good (max) depends on the details of the Moulson deal.

I'll posit that I am neither here nor there about it. I'm pleased we were able to get return for our rentals.

Supposedly a 2nd and something.... that is about it.

In that case, I feel indifferent to the whole thing. Our team was fit to be pillaged with UFAs and guys that aren't going to be a good fit for GMTM's vision; so him getting some OK picks and prospects for guys that were basically leaving anyway probably wasn't all that difficult of a feat.

I can already say that it wasn't phenomenal. Whether it was good (minimum) or very good (max) depends on the details of the Moulson deal.

I agree it hasn't been great but looking at the deals completed today I'm really liking what went down on Friday.

Jonathan Willis@JonathanWillis 1m

Does anyone disagree that Tim Murray had a phenomenal start to his career as #Sabres GM?

The fact that he's not Darcy was a good start. He didn't overvalue his players like Darcy did, which prevented him from making these type of deals in previous years which could have started this rebuild sooner. So now we'll see what he does with the draft picks in the next 2 years.

I think I like that: A) it appears TB, TP, et al were not in the room, and B) GMTM is doing things his way. I guess at this point we have no choice but to wait and see if B works.

Tank Nation should be gleeful with the trades. Sabres were starting to win and that struck fear in the heart of the TN. They will have a stockpile of picks, some prospects and a lot of money under the cap. This last quarter is going to be a repeat of the first quarter. It will be interesting to hear Murray about the trades and the future.

So the next time we see the Sabres on the ice there will be a much different roster.

Less: Moulson, McCormick, Halak and Add: Neuvirth, Mitchell and Conacher. Not to mention no more Miller, Ott and adding Stewart.

Seems like a bunch of mercenaries playing for the Sabres the rest of this season.

Edit: Forgot about the Conacher waiver pick up.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.