Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

do wonder though, with the possibility that Miller may be playing his last game as Sabre at home, will team give fans opportunity to honor him perhaps being showing him as Member of team U.S.A and encouraging those attending to honor a team U.S.A member and offering a supportive sendoff to the Olympics. It would give chance for fans to say thank you.

Unless a deal is done there is no way they indicate in any way that it might be his last game at FNC, and if a deal is done he wouldn't be playing.

There should be some kind of Olympic sendoff however, being the last home game before the break. I thought Phoenix did a good job with this when the Sabres were there.

Tim Murray on WGR (will organize it after/before class):

On Miller's last game in Buffalo possibly being tonight:

"His status at this point is he's a Buffalo Sabre. I've had talks with teams, and they've showed interested. They haven't (hesitation) done anything yet to change that."

"As of right now, nothing has changed with Ryan."

Has had talks about him today and yesterday.

On talks picking up leading into Friday's freeze:

"I have been getting more calls yesterday, the day before and today. Nobody has said 'I want a deal before Friday' but there is more action. If there is a fit then they might want to pull the trigger by Friday."

On what he wants in trades:

"Trying to get the best possible return. Draft picks are important. Young players and prospects speed up the process a bit."

Said teams are less likely to give up prospects due to "emotional attachment" and it's easier to sell off moving a pick to fans than it is to move a player close to the NHL.

Does he know Miller's intentions:

"Uhm, has it been decided? Hard question. There are some young guys who we're certainly going forward with, but if a team knocks your socks off then I've fibbed. I'm willing to listen on every single player. I'm certainly listening on Ryan. Is that our plan? I guess we'll see what everybody else offers."

Says he would listen to the possibility of acquiring vets, but he wouldn't be doing that to get Miller to stay. Doesn't think there are vets available.

Says he's smart enough to not let other teams lower prices because they are acquiring "rentals." Knows it's the value of the player and not his contract.

On how he thinks teams should build and if he wants to emulate a specific team/plan:

"You have to bad to get those players." Mentioned teams like Chicago and Pittsburgh. Also mentioned Anaheim who was never really too far down aside from Bobby Ryan at pick 5.

When basically baited into admitting that they're tanking:

"It'd be great to get McDavid, but it's hard to 'pull those strings."

"That can't be your plan."

Edited by Tankalicious

Unless a deal is done there is no way they indicate in any way that it might be his last game at FNC, and if a deal is done he wouldn't be playing.

There should be some kind of Olympic sendoff however, being the last home game before the break. I thought Phoenix did a good job with this when the Sabres were there.

yes that was my intent , it obvious trade intentions cannot be tipped either way , but they can give fans opportunity via Team U.S. A send off.

"His status at this point is he's a Buffalo Sabre. I've had talks with teams, and they've showed interested. They haven't (hesitation) done anything yet to change that."

"I have been getting more calls yesterday, the day before and today. Nobody has said 'I want a deal before Friday' but there is more action. If there is a fit then they might want to pull the trigger by Friday."

"Trying to get the best possible return. Draft picks are important. Young players and prospects speed up the process a bit."

Said teams are less likely to give up prospects due to "emotional attachment" and it's easier to sell off moving a pick to fans than it is to move a player close to the NHL.

"Uhm, has it been decided? Hard question. There are some young guys who we're certainly going forward with, but if a team knocks your socks off then I've fibbed. I'm willing to listen on every single player. I'm certainly listening on Ryan. Is that our plan? I guess we'll see what everybody else offers."

Says he would listen to the possibility of acquiring vets, but he wouldn't be doing that to get Miller to stay. Doesn't think there are vets available.

Says he's smart enough to not let other teams lower prices because they are acquiring "rentals." Knows it's the value of the player and not his contract.

On how he thinks teams should build and if he wants to emulate a specific team/plan:

"You have to bad to get those players." Mentioned teams like Chicago and Pittsburgh. Also mentioned Anaheim who was never really too far down aside from Bobby Ryan at pick 5.

He did not admit that they were tanking and wasn't baited into anything. In fact, he said that the tank plan doesn't work because coaches and players want to win.

When Miller was younger, I always thought he could go the way of Ricky Williams. Not the pot thing...just, he's a different cat and I could see him retiring early to enjoy the pleasures of life. If Miller had a baby, I can see him losing his mojo and going all-in outside of work. I wish them well.

I would pay for the video of the Otts procreating however......

What if Terry meddles and they in fact do have little freaky eyed kids?

He did not admit that they were tanking and wasn't baited into anything. In fact, he said that the tank plan doesn't work because coaches and players want to win.

I didn't hear the interview but loved that comment. I interpreted it as: some other team might be worse, stupid @#)*$@ lottery, injury to the draftee, etc.

To me, this says Murray is just waiting until the best deal comes by. It doesn't sound to me like he has any intentions on resigning Miller, whether it's Miller's decision or Murray's.

Did you not say that they baited him into admitting something? Revisit what you wrote. It is entirely inaccurate.

What I was saying is that it was an attempted bait. I was writing this roundup live with about two minutes to leave the library and get to class.

What I was saying is that it was an attempted bait. I was writing this roundup live with about two minutes to leave the library and get to class.

That was not what you said or what you were saying, and if it's that much of a dash to class, leave your "scoop" for after class. You were flat out wrong.

Edited by Eleven

He would most certainly help.... I wonder what they would want to move to get the cap stuff worked out though.....

It looks like mike green would have to go.... which would surely help miller as well because green is a defensive liability

Edited by FolignosJock

The question that writer should be asking himself is who he wants in Net for the Playoffs. Does he want some guy who might have a .850% game and allow 5 goals on 25 shots? Or does he want a guy who will always give you .916% on a decent team? I think Miller would help the caps a lot.

The question that writer should be asking himself is who he wants in Net for the Playoffs. Does he want some guy who might have a .850% game and allow 5 goals on 25 shots? Or does he want a guy who will always give you .916% on a decent team? I think Miller would help the caps a lot.

most certainly

That's the problem with so called hockey guys who rely on "advanced" statistics like this writer did. Miller isn't worth it because of his analysis of save %??

This precisely what TM said when he joined, that he doesnt really use those kind of stats and they are for people with less hockey knowledge.

When it comes to save % you have to account for quality of shots too. Miller is getting bombarded and is still playing his best in years, save % or not.

But I guess when you dont know what you're seeing on the ice, you rely on stats.

That's the problem with so called hockey guys who rely on "advanced" statistics like this writer did. Miller isn't worth it because of his analysis of save %??

This precisely what TM said when he joined, that he doesnt really use those kind of stats and they are for people with less hockey knowledge.

When it comes to save % you have to account for quality of shots too. Miller is getting bombarded and is still playing his best in years, save % or not.

But I guess when you dont know what you're seeing on the ice, you rely on stats.

Yeah the funniest part of it is that Miller has almost made as many saves at even strength as those two have combined.

Also at even strength holtby has made about 300 less saves than miller in 5 less games...... So in the next 5 games holtby could catch miller if he makes 55.8 saves a game

Edited by FolignosJock

Also, one less goal every four games might just be the difference in winning or losing a seven game series.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.