Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

Here's what we can expect next year: suck a little or suck a lot. In terms of entertainment value and hope of winning the Cup those two options are exactly the same to me. The only place that they differ is in the opportunity they give you to secure elite talent (it doesn't begin and end with McDavid either). One gives you very little chance, the other gets you in a legitimate conversation.

I'm printing this out and pinning it to my bed head board. I hope the wife makes the right choice because she's been a trooper this year :o

She's helped ease a lot of my Sabres angst throughout this season. Barring injury I expect a full on run to the end of the season ;)

The top two next year are world-class talents. So finishing last guarantees you one.

Whoa.

Seriously.

If true (and I hear that it is), that put things in a new perspective for me.

+++

Also, I've heard Murray saying that he's not so interested in acquiring picks.

What NHL-ready players are we likely to get at the trade deadline? Teams that are going to want Miller are going to want to hang onto their useful-to-good players, no?

What NHL-ready players are we likely to get at the trade deadline? Teams that are going to want Miller are going to want to hang onto their useful-to-good players, no?

Absolutely. Teams aren't going to be dumping guys they are going to be leaning on in the playoffs.

So your best bets are first-and second-year pros - players that are on the cusp of making it, who could probably play for buffalo right now.

Up-thread or elsewhere on the board, you'll see names like Jaskin from the Blues and Toffoli from the Kings.

Murray's going to know this group of players very well, so don't be surprised to see players who meet that mould but may be a little farther beneath the radar.

Edited by dudacek

Whoa.

Seriously.

If true (and I hear that it is), that put things in a new perspective for me.

+++

What Dudacek said. Patrik Berglund is a guy that is always talked about because he is big, but he's not much of a producer so St. Louis might be willing to move him to match salaries (but why would we want him if he can't produce?).

The most likely NHL-ready type players will be prospects that haven't been able to crack a loaded lineup just yet.

Edited by Tankalicious

Up-thread or elsewhere on the board, you'll see names like Jaskin from the Blues and Toffoli from the Kings.

Murray's going to know this group of players very well, so don't be surprised to see players who meet that mould but may be a little farther beneath the radar.

What Dudacek said. Patrik Berglund is a guy that is always talked about because he is big, but he's not much of a producer so St. Louis might be willing to move him to match salaries (but why would we want him if he can't produce?).

The most likely NHL-ready type players will be prospects that haven't been able to crack a loaded lineup just yet.

Many thanks. I think I understood that concept in theory, but had no idea of who the universe of those players might be.

Many thanks. I think I understood that concept in theory, but had no idea of who the universe of those players might be.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/

That website is your best friend. Probably the best way to access a list of prospects, and while some of their rankings I disagree with, it at least gives you an idea as to what the teams we're reportedly talking to have to offer. Also: http://www.eliteprospects.com/ Best place to find stats for any hockey player you might be interested in.

From St. Louis, here is what I have information wise on 4 of their fowards that meet the criteria from some Blues fans:

Dimitrij Jaskin, RW, 20 yrs old, Has already played a handful of games with the big club, projects to be Chris Stewarts replacement in the line up so say Blues fans, but he is a scoring winger as to where stewart is more of a power forward.

Ty Rattie, 20 yrs old, LW, AHL affiliate, hasn't been with the big club but Blues fans I spoke with say he is a playmaker/sniper, shifty, 20+ goal guy is what they see in him.

William Carrier, LW, 19 yrs old, still in juniors, some Blues fans say he have the same type of player in the Catenecci skill set.

There is also Kurker, 19 yrs old, LW, still in juniors similiar situation to Carrier.

Then there is Taresenko and Schwartz, both up with the big club, I cannot see us landing either of these guys.

So, out of the 4 mentioned and with Stewarts UFA status I can see Stewart due to the cap situation if it is a multi player deal but the best bet is Ty Rattie in my opinion. Not that Jaskins couldn't be had, but it seems less likely as he's a RW'er and given our need at LW it seems to fit better.

Anyways, that's what I have information wise, not sure if this helps.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/

That website is your best friend. Probably the best way to access a list of prospects, and while some of their rankings I disagree with, it at least gives you an idea as to what the teams we're reportedly talking to have to offer. Also: http://www.eliteprospects.com/ Best place to find stats for any hockey player you might be interested in.

thanks. i have visited that site from time to time, but i think i may actually prefer to rely on people around here to review and digest the content regarding other teams' prospects and young players. :nana:

Garrioch is frequently wrong and a tool. But he does have NHL sources, however often he is used by them.

One thing he does know though is the Senators. When he says they have interest in Moulson, I believe an insider told him that.

He was one of the first — maybe the first — to have Murray to Buffalo.

The wording of the Minnesota thing indicates that he's just speculating.

"One possible landing spot... There may be interest from GM Fletcher."

Just make sure you read the article, and understand what he's saying.

Edited by Tankalicious

Garrioch is frequently wrong and a tool. But he does have NHL sources, however often he is used by them.

One thing he does know though is the Senators. When he says they have interest in Moulson, I believe an insider told him that.

He was one of the first — maybe the first — to have Murray to Buffalo.

Just last month, he had Miller going to Long Island.

That's what I mean about being a tool. He cares more about "first" or "an insider" than he does about being a professional or being right.

I don't count him as a reliable source at all. Just wanted to point out he does actually talk to people in the game.

That's what I mean about being a tool. He cares more about "first" or "an insider" than he does about being a professional or being right.

I don't count him as a reliable source at all. Just wanted to point out he does actually talk to people in the game.

Ah, got it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.