• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Just wanted to say to Foligno's Jock I think you did great work with how you made your point today. I know you didn't get ###### done at work though cause you were defending your position all day! Good job but you never answered my question in all of this an I think it will impact my decision on renewing season tickets at the time when you say we can easily work this deal. How much will the ###### beers cost in the arena when the salary cap hits $100 million dollars?

Edited by beerme1

Just wanted to say to Foligno's Jock I think you did great work with how you made your point today. I know you didn't get ###### done at work though cause you were defending your position all day! Good job but you never answered my question in all of this an I think it will impact my decision on renewing season tickets at the time when you say we can easily work this deal. How much will the ###### beers cost in the arena when the salary cap hits $100 million dollars?

Idk i think we have the cheapest beer in the NHL currently. So it might hit 9 bucks

Not sold on Callahan based on his injury history and age. Girgensons is Callahan 2.0 and eight years younger. In two more seasons Girgensons will be exactly what Callahan was in his prime. I can wait.

This was what I alluded to in the GDT after his shorty and I agree with your assessment. Home grown talent.

I think they should mortgage their entire franchise on figuring out how to get #88 out of Chicago (legally or illegally.) Starting making bribes and promises to every family member extending out to 3rd cousins. Start building the statue that will replace the French connection and rename the construction project The Kane Center. There has to be a way and with the first or 2nd pick the next two years, the rising of the young D and the signing of Miller, the Cup will arrive in stunning fashion no later than 2017.

Not sold on Callahan based on his injury history and age. Girgensons is Callahan 2.0 and eight years younger. In two more seasons Girgensons will be exactly what Callahan was in his prime. I can wait.

So you have a third line of Girgs Callahan and Foligno. Shutdown! Also Girgs plays center. Also doesnt have the scoring touch that Callahan does. Playing with RC can only help Girgs develop into a player like him.

I think they should mortgage their entire franchise on figuring out how to get #88 out of Chicago (legally or illegally.) Starting making bribes and promises to every family member extending out to 3rd cousins. Start building the statue that will replace the French connection and rename the construction project The Kane Center. There has to be a way and with the first or 2nd pick the next two years, the rising of the young D and the signing of Miller, the Cup will arrive in stunning fashion no later than 2017.

We will know if Kane wants to be here if he signs an extension. Which according to the Chicago GM they have it in the works. Including him saying "Kane and Toews WILL be Blackhawks for life".

So we're going to pay a third-liner $6-7 mill?

Apparently. I personally don't think Girgensons needs anyway to help him, he has the drive to do it on his own. Much like Zadorov doesn't need someone he can just do it.

Yes. A third liner that plays on the #1 PK and the PP. Someone who is a proven leader and workhorse who is the prototypical TN player.

Ted Nolan may not be coach. Again I'd sign Callahan to a reasonable deal but not insane money.

Apparently. I personally don't think Girgensons needs anyway to help him, he has the drive to do it on his own. Much like Zadorov doesn't need someone he can just do it.

Why even give him wingers then? Heck we should eliminate a defensive pair as well. He can just go out there alone and do it. Callahan at six million a season is a dream scenario to lead this rebuild out of the basement and into the playoffs in 1-3 years.

Why even give him wingers then? Heck we should eliminate a defensive pair as well. He can just go out there alone and do it. Callahan at six million a season is a dream scenario to lead this rebuild out of the basement and into the playoffs in 1-3 years.

Don't be a sarcastic ass.

This team will not make the playoffs next year because of rc

If you want him you're going to have to give him a borderline insane contract.

between 6-7 million isnt insane..... It is his market value and what he is looking to get from the Rangers. The Rangers GM has said and so have hockey writers all over that he deserves that kind of money. The rangers cant give it to him because they tried to circumvent rules before the CBA with front loaded deals. Which means that they are going to have an invisible player making 5.75 million dollars a year in all likelihood.

Don't be a sarcastic ass.

This team will not make the playoffs next year because of rc

That is why there was a 1-3. It doenst make sense to say girgs can do it on his own, why not surround him with the kind of talent that can help him thrive? Guess what after he plays with callahan, he will be even better. Then when he comes up on his UFA season, callahans contract will be ending and he will be the one getting the 8-9% of cap contract.

So you have a third line of Girgs Callahan and Foligno. Shutdown! Also Girgs plays center. Also doesnt have the scoring touch that Callahan does. Playing with RC can only help Girgs develop into a player like him.

We will know if Kane wants to be here if he signs an extension. Which according to the Chicago GM they have it in the works. Including him saying "Kane and Toews WILL be Blackhawks for life".

Well there goes that idea......

between 6-7 million isnt insane..... It is his market value and what he is looking to get from the Rangers. The Rangers GM has said and so have hockey writers all over that he deserves that kind of money. The rangers cant give it to him because they tried to circumvent rules before the CBA with front loaded deals. Which means that they are going to have an invisible player making 5.75 million dollars a year in all likelihood.

That is why there was a 1-3. It doenst make sense to say girgs can do it on his own, why not surround him with the kind of talent that can help him thrive? Guess what after he plays with callahan, he will be even better. Then when he comes up on his UFA season, callahans contract will be ending and he will be the one getting the 8-9% of cap contract.

Now we are talking in circles. I disagree. I stated why I disagree. I still disagree no matter how many times you say otherwise. The Girgensons point is a completely separate can of worms. Also you missed my point on him. Zemgus will thrive and improve without Ryan Callahan. He has that drive and that is what makes him special. I personally think the harder you make it for zebus the better he will be in the long run because he thrives on challenges. That is neither here nor there. I like Callahan. I'd give him 6mil but again I am at 5 years because I worry about his long term health, his long term ability to produce, and the cap implications in 6-7years with so many young players.

If he's looking for $6MM x 7 years, which I think is what's been reported, the Sabres will need to go to $7MM x 7 years. You may not view that as borderline insane for Callahan, but I think LGR and many others will -- including many respectable NHL writers/observers.

FWIW, I would be very happy for the Sabres to sign him to that deal.