Marcus Foligno - What's the deal

CallawaySabres

IMO Foligno is doing about what he was projected to do. He was projected as a bottom 6 guy and he is turning into a pretty reliable bottom 6 guy. For those referencing his hot streak when he first came up, someone mentioned he (that whole line really) had a ridiculous shooting percentage. As in, a totally unsustainable shooting percentage. he's come down to where everyone thought he might be when he was drafted.

yup. And he is way ahead of the timetable for being here.

IMO Foligno is doing about what he was projected to do. He was projected as a bottom 6 guy and he is turning into a pretty reliable bottom 6 guy. For those referencing his hot streak when he first came up, someone mentioned he (that whole line really) had a ridiculous shooting percentage. As in, a totally unsustainable shooting percentage. he's come down to where everyone thought he might be when he was drafted.

Yea, he finished out that year at 26%. For some perspective, that's around twice as high as the league's elite scorers. I really hope he's not forever saddled with expectations of being a top-6 scorer, because I think he's going to be a damn fine 3rd line player.

Marcus is still a young guy. What i like is that for the most part, he plays a very good all around game. his offense isn't quite where i thought it could be but by the same token i don't think he's even come close to his ceiling. I blame a lot of it on who he plays with night in and night out, and i blame a lot of it on the fact that overall, this team really struggles to score. In a situation like that i don't think a lack of production is irregular.

He's got game. He will be more than okay.

To be fair if you had to talk about this miserable Sabres team on a regular basis, you'd be looking for new topics as well. :bag:

Couldn't have said it better

Foligno has been disappointing to me ever since he started his second season with the Sabres. I'm not even talking scoring, because nobody really scores on our team. He just doesn't bring it every night.

I hope he can get it into gear.

I agree. His first year here, he seemed to play with a lot of heart and put forth a ton of effort. Lately, he's been invisible, coasting thru some games almost on a Stafford level (let's be honest, only Stafford can attain Stafford level laziness). There's been a few games where he's looked awesome, and then there's been a few others that, aside from one or two hits or shots, you have no idea he's even out there.

I still like the ceiling this kid has. Hopefully he'll realize it sooner rather than later himself.

If it weren't for his lineage and Buffalo roots I'd be fine dealing him for another youngster; however since he's from here I'm mentally unable to come to that and will likely end up waiting forever.

Girgs is a bit better than a 3rd line C in my opinion, he could be a good 2nd line winger as well. But I guess it would have to be based on the team we'd have in 3 years.

Turns out Foligno was hurt which at least partially explains his lack of minutes yesterday.

As far as GR, why is it surprising they would cover the same subjects? This board is usually pretty representative of what everyone is talking about the team so it stands to reason they would be talking about the same thing.

To be fair , Mike's contention was that analytics shows that Foligno is actually playing pretty good and is being misused by Nolan.

Turns out Foligno was hurt which at least partially explains his lack of minutes yesterday.

As far as GR, why is it surprising they would cover the same subjects? This board is usually pretty representative of what everyone is talking about the team so it stands to reason they would be talking about the same thing.

To be fair , Mike's contention was that analytics shows that Foligno is actually playing pretty good and is being misused by Nolan.

But the general feeling was that he has become close to invisible most of the time.....

I hope Nolan has put 82 (ugh!) on the 4th line knowing he was hurt and was trying to "protect" him. He can't be on the 4th line on this team. I've been on my soapbox for a while with this. Please no more 4th line for Marcus please.

Whatever hockey sense is, Leino has the opposite of it. In ###### droves. He makes the wrong play almost every time. Reminds me of Luke Adam, at least he's scoring...in the A.

If you need to believe that, hope it makes your day.

I don't understand why you are so offended or bothered by it. I honestly don't give a sh!t where WGR gets topics from. There have been numerous times where SS will have a thread or idea within a thread that within 24-48 hours is the topic on WGR. It happens.

You being defensive is actual much more curious to me.

I don't understand why you are so offended or bothered by it. I honestly don't give a sh!t where WGR gets topics from. There have been numerous times where SS will have a thread or idea within a thread that within 24-48 hours is the topic on WGR. It happens.

You being defensive is actual much more curious to me.

Not offended at all. Just have little tolerance for those who express their opinion as fact. Nothing personal.

Like I said before. It isn't that surprising that we discuss the same thing.

No worries.

Archived