Marcus Foligno - What's the deal

CallawaySabres

Idk, I thought it was weird I saw this topic today and put on WGR before the game just to tune into what we were talking about.... It is one hell of a coincidence

For the record, tweets from GR host started at 9:42. Callaway posted at 9:45.

Like LGR said no big deal and I'm sure it happens but not in this case.

CALLAWAY IS STEALING THREAD IDEAS FROM WGR!!!!

Oh wait, now i get it. Callaway is the WGR personality that Liger knows is posting here.

I have no idea how to tweet or follow tweets lol, I didn't hear about it on the radio until almost game time so I believe you.... It's a small town, this is the most popular sabres board (I think) I'm sure some cherry picking is happening and I am fine with that, it's better than recycled junk that the station comes up with on some days, I see it as a positive if anything as it gets a collective fans' input out over the radio waves.

One thing I can Say with certainty is that I will never ever get involved with twitter. I just don't get the whole following of people.

I always felt the same thing but I found it is a great way to keep up on all news in general. I just follow those I feel are connected with the news and events I want to hear about.

I always felt the same thing but I found it is a great way to keep up on all news in general. I just follow those I feel are connected with the news and events I want to hear about.

Same here. I have no reason to let the world know what grocery store I'm currently at, but it's a great tool for real-time news and updates when I want it.

People seem to think that in order to use twitter, you actually have to tweet stuff out. Not the case at all. And if you don't care what Shawn Merriman is cooking for dinner, don't follow.

Either he is nursing an injury as suggested above or he doesn't mesh well with TN. His effort seems wildly inconsistent right now and, if not an injury, that can't sit well with the interim coach.

I don't know if it has anything to do with Nolan, his effort has always been inconsistent IMO. I think he needs to play with more confidence, he gets on these little streaks, where he'll score and then play hard for another game or two, then drop off again. It's frustrating seeing him peel away from checks or give up on plays, but that goes for most of this team. He's not gonna be a Mike Foligno (or even a Nick), but I think he could be a solid 3rd liner on this team when things start to turn around.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/18165235.php?contentType=4&contentId=14523262

This year has been different. Foligno has been used as a shutdown winger, getting the second most difficult Quality of Competition and the hardest O-zone starts at 42.8%. Under the influence of more difficult minutes, his possession numbers have fallen, but not off the map. He still has an above team average Relative Corsi at +1.8%.

You know this for fact?

I don't know if any of them post here, but it's pretty obvious that they scan this board and TBD for topics. Which is a good thing; it means they're talking about the things we want them to talk about.

I don't know if any of them post here, but it's pretty obvious that they scan this board and TBD for topics. Which is a good thing; it means they're talking about the things we want them to talk about.

I'm not sure, I get annoyed when I can't easily respond to the stupid stuff said on the radio. :)

One thing I can Say with certainty is that I will never ever get involved with twitter. I just don't get the whole following of people.

Twitter is great for investigative purposes. A lot of people who use it don't even understand the breadcrumbs they leave behind. Who someone follows, when they followed, who follows them. Someone may want to stay on the downlow, but then you see who is following them, and it's Aunt Bessie from Saskatoon...then you realize who that person is....and you see their thought process....it's really interesting.

If you go down the Sabres foxhole, you can find some good information. I was pretty sure Vanek was on the move and they talked to the Leafs the day before the trade happened. Almost none of the top execs, scouts, etc. from the Sabres tweet, but you can see some interesting followers....which leads to interesting relationships. It's usually a good tell you are a source to a national media member when you follow that person on Twitter before you follow your actual hockey team and employer! It's also a good tell who you may avoid in the draft when you follow 3 of 4 top 20 guys at 1 position but not the 4th, even though he's on Twitter. You may see who has a sweetheart deal as a vendor with the Sabres when you see a follower of someone on the downlow, who happens to work for a "preferred" sponsor. All kinds of goodies out there. You can do the same for posters for that matter....back in the day when I would catch a disproportionate amount of flack here, the Twittersphere showed some interesting long term relationships and conversations.

It's still a fairly new technology that many professionals feel the need to not miss out on, but a little bit of technological forensics can blow some torpedo holes in these guys because they really don't understand all the little things about how the site works.

Archived