GDT: Carolina at Buffalo 2-25-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

This has been educational.

I figured I'd just throw out my weekly hobby to see if I'm the only one ;)

As much as I'm a Sabres fan, I hope Gerbe scores the GWG.

I'm ok with a loss, I've embraced the tank... And i don't hate this comment.... But why so, if you'd be so kind to enlighten me

As much as I'm a Sabres fan, I hope Gerbe scores the GWG.

WITCH! BURN HIM!

Is that a thing here now? I was gone for a while..... are people upset that they let the mighty midget go?

Not really. More like fans that want to see him do well anyway.

I figured I'd just throw out my weekly hobby to see if I'm the only one ;)

I'm ok with a loss, I've embraced the tank... And i don't hate this comment.... But why so, if you'd be so kind to enlighten me

Gerbe was my favorite. As a little guy who plays hockey, he's an inspiration. I hated to see the Sabres buy him out where he had the non-stop motor they need in all their players while holding on to dead weight. He wasn't a favorite of RR, he had back surgery the year before and they didn't give him a full chance to come back...plus he was a bargain.

Is that a thing here now? I was gone for a while..... are people upset that they let the mighty midget go?

I'll admit that I got really protective when I was watching the final episode of 24/7 and Phaneuf called him a little rat.

Vogl pointed out that it's tough to find a reschedule date for the two teams which might be a motivator.

I'm torn on what I think they should do. My brother was one of many drivers that was forced to stop on the roads yesterday. It's ugly and might not be worth the risk, at all.

I was a Gerbe fan. Looking at the Sabres' forwards, I'd guess he'd be playing quite a bit this year. And I think he's Teddy's kind of guy.

It also looks like they gave up on Reggie too soon, although I suppose if Compher becomes a good NHLer, it might turn out to have been a good trade.

Gerbe was my favorite. As a little guy who plays hockey, he's an inspiration. I hated to see the Sabres buy him out where he had the non-stop motor they need in all their players while holding on to dead weight. He wasn't a favorite of RR, he had back surgery the year before and they didn't give him a full chance to come back...plus he was a bargain.

I don't know his stats off hand, but he has probably been the benefactor of more goals than most of our lineup, and God knows we can't score.... He is little, but so is St Louis, granted nowhere near the same player and you're right, he did play balls to the walls on the ice, while we have Stafford and ville lamo coasting and not producing..... I thought it was stupid to buy him out, although we may have 4-5 more wins with him in the lineup

I was a Gerbe fan. Looking at the Sabres' forwards, I'd guess he'd be playing quite a bit this year. And I think he's Teddy's kind of guy.

It also looks like they gave up on Reggie too soon, although I suppose if Compher becomes a good NHLer, it might turn out to have been a good trade.

After watching Reggie in the last Olympics I thought he deserved a lot more playing time than he got here. I also liked Gerbe but with him and Ennis our team was way too small, you can only afford to have one of those types on a team in my opinion and Ennis is the better player.

I don't think they gave up on Reggie. They saw the depth at D they were working towards and used him to get more forward prospects. He was the price for that pick.

I don't think they gave up on Reggie. They saw the depth at D they were working towards and used him to get more forward prospects. He was the price for that pick.

I think you're right about all of this, but I also think they gave up on him in the sense that with more time and patience, he likely would've developed into the kind of player he is in Carolina -- i.e. a top-pair defenseman who brings a lot of offense. That kind of player -- especially one on a very cheap contract -- is worth quite a bit more than a 2nd-rounder plus a journeyman (McBain).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.