GDT: Carolina at Buffalo 2-25-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

160072414_slide.jpg

GAME #43: CAR (26-22-9) at BUF (15-34-8) – FEB 25 – 7PM ET – NHLN-US, MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Projected Lineup (pending warmups)

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford

9 Steve Ott – 19 Cody Hodgson – 27 Matt D’Agostini

65 Brian Flynn – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 82 Marcus Foligno

23 Ville Leino – 8 Cody McCormick – 37 Matt Ellis

X: 24 Zenon Konopka (UBI)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 52 Alexander Sulzer

6 Mike Weber – 57 Tyler Myers

32 John Scott – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 20 Henrik Tallinder

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

D Tyler Myers, F Marcus Foligno, and F Linus Omark were scratches in a 3-2 loss on Feb. 6 at Ottawa.

Weekly Transactions

02/25: Activated F Matt Moulson and F Cody McCormick from IR.

02/18: Terminated the Contract of F Linus Olmark.

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo has gone 2-7-1.

Drew Stafford has six goals and nine points in the past seven games for the Sabres

CAROLINA HURRICANES CarolinaHurricanesSmiley.png

Projected Lineup (pending warmups)

19 Jiri Tlusty – 12 Eric Staal ("C") – 28 Alexander Semin

14 Nathan Gerbe – 11 Jordan Staal ("A") – 39 Pat Dwyer

53 Jeff Skinner – 20 Riley Nash – 15 Tuomo Ruutu

21 Drayson Bowman – 22 Manny Malhotra ("A") – 18 Radek Dvorak

X: 16 Elias Lindholm (healthy)

4 Andrej Sekera – 27 Justin Faulk

65 Ron Hainsey – 26 John-Michael Liles

44 Jay Harrison – 73 Brett Bellemore

X: 5 Mike Komisarek (healthy)

30 Cam Ward

31 Anton Khudobin

X: 35 Justin Peters

Lineup News & Notes

Carolina scratched F Radek Dvorak, D John-Michael Liles, and G Justin Peters in a 4-1 February 8th loss vs Montreal.

F Joni Pitkanen (heel) is on IR.

Weekly Transactions

02/19: Assigned G Justin Peters to Charlotte (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 Games Carolina has gone 6-4-0.

Hurricanes left wing Jeff Skinner ranks tied for sixth in the NHL with six game-winning goals.

PREGAME LINKS

02/08 – GAME RECAP: Canes Fall to Canadiens in Final Game Before Break (Michael Smith - Hurricanes.com)

02/18 – SABRES TERMINATE OMARK CONTRACT (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

02/21 – Sabres, Hurricanes restart NHL season (Mike G. Morreale – NHL.com)

02/22 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: McCORMICK READY TO 'PLAY SOME HOCKEY' AGAIN (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

02/23 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: STAFFORD EAGER TO GET BACK, OTT TALKS DEADLINE (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

02/24 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: SABRES STILL PLAN TO START MILLER ON TUESDAY (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

02/24 – Game Preview: 2/25/14 vs. Carolina Hurricanes (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

02/24 – Dan Dunleavy recaps Monday's practice at First Niagara Center. <1:46>

02/24 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Monday's practice at First Niagara Center. <5:54>

02/25 – WGR: Ted Nolan's weekly segment on the Howard Simon Show <16:25>

02/25 – Sabres vs Hurricanes Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

02/25 – Press Clips: 2/25/14 vs Carolina Hurricanes (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

02/24 – TRACKING THE STORM: Canes Embark on Pivotal Road Trip (Michael Smith – Hurricanes.com)

02/25 – Sabres ready for hectic schedule following Olympic break, know changes are coming (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

02/25 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <5:09>

02/25 – THE MORNING SKATE: SABRES RETURN TO ACTION HEALTHY (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

02/25 – Dan Dunleavy previews Tuesday night's game against the Hurricanes at First Niagara Center. <2:55>

02/25 – Cody McCormick speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <0:41>

02/25 – Zemgus Girgensons speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center. <1:01>

02/25 – Tyler Ennis speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center.. <1:03>

02/25 – Teppo Numminen speaks with Sabres.com before Tuesday night's game against the Hurricanes. <1:05>

POSTGAME LINKS

02/25 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Carolina Hurricanes @ Buffalo Sabres (NHL.com)

02/25 – Post-Game Report: 2/25 vs. CAR (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

02/25 – GAME RECAP: AMID TRADE SPECULATION, MILLER TURNS ASIDE 36 SHOTS TO BEAT HURRICANES (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

02/25 – Dan Dunleavy recaps the Sabres 3-2 win against the Hurricanes. <2:53>

02/25 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 win vs Carolina. <2:25>

02/25 – Tyler Ennis speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 win against the Hurricanes. <2:32>

02/25 – Christian Ehrhoff speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 win against the Hurricanes. <2:21>

02/25 – Ryan Miller speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 win against the Hurricanes. <7:21>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I guess the good news is that they catch them without Eric Staal. The bad news is that Skinner is on fire (well not bad for both my fantasy teams). Skinner had a hat trick and I believe a total of six goals last week.

I guess the good news is that they catch them without Eric Staal. The bad news is that Skinner is on fire (well not bad for both my fantasy teams). Skinner had a hat trick and I believe a total of six goals last week.

Skinner is on a hot streak for sure and since coming back from injury, Khudobin has been red hot in goal with the Canes on a 4 game winning streak. This is really a team that should be jockeying for ping pong balls, but because the Metro sucks, are in the hunt. It took that 4 game win streak to crawl back over .500 on the season.

Skinner is on a hot streak for sure and since coming back from injury, Khudobin has been red hot in goal with the Canes on a 4 game winning streak. This is really a team that should be jockeying for ping pong balls, but because the Metro sucks, are in the hunt. It took that 4 game win streak to crawl back over .500 on the season.

F Jeff Skinner has a five-game scoring streak (six goals, four assists) and was named NHL First Star of the Week.

Some might say that's bad news....

Wow is our lineup craptastic. It's looked bleak all season but take out Myers and it looks scary bad.

I would never think this could be said, but I think Stafford being out, also makes it look worse.

Wondering if the game will even be played because of the "storm" and driving bans in the suburbs, the NHL is the one that makes the call.

How far do you have to go back to find a less offensively skilled veteran line than Scott-Konopka-Ellis? They've combined for 31 goals in 805 games played. That's how many Ovechkin has in 40 games this year.

You know when Matt Ellis is lugging the mail offensively for a line, your team is near all-time bad.

You know when Matt Ellis is lugging the mail offensively for a line, your team is near all-time bad.

The only thing keeping those Peters lines looking better statistically was Adam Mair managing to fumble in 5 or so goals.

Edited by weave

Man up B-lo. I can only rub one out two maybe three times looking at boobies on the Internets. I need entertainment!

I'm with you. I'm hoping they play to an empty house just so I have something to watch tonite

Man up B-lo. I can only rub one out two maybe three times looking at boobies on the Internets. I need entertainment!

I'm with you. I'm hoping they play to an empty house just so I have something to watch tonite

The only thing keeping those Peters lines looking better statistically was Adam Mair managing to fumble in 5 or so goals.

You know it's bad when you are pining for the offensive capabilities of Adam Mair.

I like the thought of the Canes, local NC media and what few traveling fans they might bring getting stuck in Buffalo for a blizzard. :thumbsup:

Also, I used today to once again remind all of my Canes friends down here about how I told them that they would love Sekera when the trade was made. Now they are calling him the team MVP to this point.

(Tuesday, January 7 @ 11:30 a.m.) -- An update from the Buffalo Sabres regarding tonight’s game:

“We are still gathering all the pertinent information regarding the weather forecast for later today and will make a final decision about tonight’s game vs. Carolina Hurricanes by mid-afternoon. We have been in contact with the City of Buffalo, Carolina Hurricanes and the NHL office regarding the status of the game.”

I'm personally looking forward to some beer and gre-hee-heeasy cheese fries at a bar while watching the game. Puhleeeze don't cancel it.

It's the Hurricane, a name which assumes high winds and chaos, playing a Buffalo team, which is a city known for cold temps and snow- it was meant to be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.