• Czech Republic
    • Slovakia
    • Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

Wonder how many of the Russia players will follow Ovie to the US embassy to try and get US citizenship since they won't be permitted back in Russia anymore. I was waiting for the fans to turn in that game or for Putin to come running out in front of the Russian army after the game ended to proclaim the Olympic games over and for everyone to get out

I'm betting it's the last time we see a Russian team with more than one true star player.

That formula just hasn't worked for them.

They went to the finals in 1998, but since then, they've underachieved like nobody else.

I'm betting it's the last time we see a Russian team with more than one true star player.

That formula just hasn't worked for them.

They went to the finals in 1998, but since then, they've underachieved like nobody else.

I wonder if they decide (if the NHL continues to allow its players to play in the games) to go for more local KHLers in the future over the NHLers? Ovie and Malkin did nothing and were supposed to supply alot of the offence. I'm waiting to here how they place the blame on them being embarrassed in 2 straight Olympic games Edited by apuszczalowski

Datsyuk should defect to Latvia.

Too bad its not like the Spengler cup, Hackett played for the US/Rochester until they were eliminated, then IIRC, he joined team Canada and played for them in their final game.

I still don't understand how that tournament works and how they chose what teams will represent what and who is invited to play

Too bad its not like the Spengler cup, Hackett played for the US/Rochester until they were eliminated, then IIRC, he joined team Canada and played for them in their final game.

I still don't understand how that tournament works and how they chose what teams will represent what and who is invited to play

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spengler_Cup

I wonder if they decide (if the NHL continues to allow its players to play in the games) to go for more local KHLers in the future over the NHLers? Ovie and Malkin did nothing and were supposed to supply alot of the offence. I'm waiting to here how they place the blame on them being embarrassed in 2 straight Olympic games

At least Malkin tried, the biggest two no-shows was Ovie and Kovy (see what I did there :P ), and they had 11 KHL players on the roster this year.

It doesn't matter what league they're from, if they're the wrong players.

Brooks had it right.

I'm glad the U.S./Canada game is tomorrow. It's nice having a day where you can simply enjoy what the U.S. has accomplished so far and at the same time have excitement for the semi-final game against Canada. No watching the clock to make sure you don't miss the game. No type of nervousness so to speak. Can just relax the hockey mind today. Being a die fan of the Sabres and the U.S. of A. is so awesome. Just gotta love it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.