• Slovakia
    • Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

So, a couple of thoughts about the women's tournament:

1. Has it disappeared? It seems that I haven't seen a thing about it since the men started.

2. It's better hockey. It's easy to see that the women have spent more time playing together, have more chemistry, know where to put the puck, etc. Even the bad teams.

It's on MSNBC right now.

They shouldn't be shy about hitting. I think of the Latvians in the same way Gene Hackman talked about The Replacements; "They aren't afraid of you and they should be. There is no tomorrow for you, and that makes you very dangerous people!"

Down Goes Brown@DownGoesBrown 55m

"Coach Nolan, what's it like to know that your team probably won't win a single game?" "Actually, I'd prefer to talk about the Olympics."

And, less humorous, but to my point above:

Joe Yerdon@JoeYerdonPHT 1h

You guys will think this sounds like an insult but it’s not: A very Sabres-esque effort from Latvia. They just keep hanging around.

Skeleton is ###### loony. I can understand luge but skeleton? And do zie Chermans have all the best skeleton sledders, too?

Would you believe that skeleton actually is safer? I didn't, but NBC told me so, so it's true.

Seriously, both of those sports are ######, but I'd prefer luge. I don't want to have to worry about my head at 5G. And luge--the single version--just looks fun and has been around longer in the modern era.

The Buffalo News wisely put a poster-size picture of Zemgus scoring his goal against Sweden in the paper today.

Brian Duff@duffersabres 24m

My kids are loving the poster size photo of @zemgus94 first Olympic goal in @TheBuffaloNews #Sabres #keeper pic.twitter.com/uBsG5NMzQ1

Spectacular uniforms in this photo. Even Nike couldn't ruin these.

Interesting situation in CAN/FIN 1st period. The puck landed briefly on top of the net behind Rask. Nash swiped at it from behind the net. It looked like his stick missed the puck but hit the netting causing the puck to pop off the net and bounce into the net off Rask's back. They reviewed it and waved the goal off as being hit with a high stick. But it was unclear whether his stick touched the puck at all.

Interesting situation in CAN/FIN 1st period. The puck landed briefly on top of the net behind Rask. Nash swiped at it from behind the net. It looked like his stick missed the puck but hit the netting causing the puck to pop off the net and bounce into the net off Rask's back. They reviewed it and waved the goal off as being hit with a high stick. But it was unclear whether his stick touched the puck at all.

I thought it was a goal but clearly I'm biased. They got jobbed on that one. Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other ?

I'm not sure I like the clutching and grabbing and little hooks and holdups I've been seeing from both sides all game long. The big ice should have more flow no ? I've routinely seen the hands come off sticks to grab and hold opponents.

Edited by bunomatic

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.