• Czech Republic
    • Slovakia
    • Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

Well, the Sabres blow, so I figure we should discuss the second most entertaining sporting event this year, next to NHL playoffs of course (Super Bowl and World Cup came close).

Starting rosters, Gold-Silver-Bronze predictions, fire away.

I have Sweden-USA-Canada in that order, although I hope USA gets for Miller and 'Merica's sake.

Canada

Sweden

USA (If they make it past the quarters, that team is always a complete unknown)

I'm looking for Russia to underachive, they don't usually do well when they're expected to win.

Sweden are as close to money as they come, always perform well at tournaments, and have the ability to take it all on a good day.

Canada has the best all around players and probably the best all around team.

I think USA is a close second. We've only gotten better since the last Olympics.

Russia I just can't see them doing anything with their defense like it is. Too soft in the paint. They're a fun team but for Olympic Success they're gonna need to out battle Canada and the USA and it's not happening.

Sweden has great players, but I think Finland gets the bronze. The Finns always put together really solid, good teams, I like what they've got.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Miller could steal the U.S. net in Sochi

Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick owns a Stanley Cup ring, a Conn Smythe Trophy and an ESPY Award, all earned in the past 18 months. He also was runner-up for the Vezina Trophy in 2012.

He has to be the favorite to be the USA's No.1 goalie at the Olympics in Russia.

But here are five reasons why the Buffalo Sabres' Ryan Miller could steal the net from Quick in Sochi

Miller should get the job, and it wouldn't be stealing. Quick's performance hasn't come close to matching his Vezina season (for those who think Miller was a on year wonder...seriously, look at Quick's numbers) and that's playing behind one of the best possession teams in hockey.

There's really no reason barring injury that Miller doesn't get the job.

Many good points in there. Ryan Miller is playing better than Quick. The US team should be older and better this time around. I think they could win gold. Canada is going to be very good obviously. Russia I think will look great on paper but I think the Russian team will be choked out by the gritty play that US and Canada can muster.

Many good points in there. Ryan Miller is playing better than Quick. The US team should be older and better this time around. I think they could win gold. Canada is going to be very good obviously. Russia I think will look great on paper but I think the Russian team will be choked out by the gritty play that US and Canada can muster.

Don't forget the bigger rinks when thinking about gritty play, and don't forget that Russia is home.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.