GM Speculation

Eleven

So, who's going to be the next GM? Maybe we should go via the Buccaneer route and have the couch (re edited) make all the roster decisions.

Isn't that what we're doing now?

For what it's worth-

@RealKyper

#Sens Ass't GM Tim Murray's name won't disappear regarding who the next GM in Buffalo. LaFontaine expected to name his GM early in New Year

https://twitter.com/...229325812932608

@SunGarrioch

Senators AGM Tim Murray may have emerged as top candidate in Buffalo. #Sens

https://twitter.com/...228288460505088

@FriedgeHNIC

.@SunGarrioch Interesting...I'd just sent an email asking if it was true he'd had a second interview there.

https://twitter.com/...229777962717184

How did Tim get into hockey? As far as I can tell he never played, but his uncle is GM of the Sens. Nepotism?

Hockey runs in families, on the ice and off.

Tim Murray:

DET 1993-94 Amateur Scout (Bryan was GM at the time)

FLA 1994-02 Director of Amateur Scouting (Bryan was GM at the time)

ANA 2002-05 Director of Player Personnel (Bryan was GM at the time, but Bryan left in '04 to be OTT head coach, and Tim stayed to work under interim GM Al Coates for a year until Brian Burke was named GM.)

NYR 2005-07 Assistant Director of Player Personnel (Glen Sather was GM)

OTT 2007-present Assistant General Manager (Bryan, promoted from the head coach position, was GM at the time)

One thing a quick read on Murray will tell you:

He's done everything. With the Ducks he was in charge of their draft when they drafted Getzlaf, Perry, Drew Miller, Ladislav Smid and Bobby Ryan.

When he moved to the Rangers he was basically a free agent scout who was there to help figure out who fits them.

Then he got front row GM experience as an assistant in Ottawa.

One thing a quick read on Murray will tell you:

He's done everything. With the Ducks he was in charge of their draft when they drafted Getzlaf, Perry, Drew Miller, Ladislav Smid and Bobby Ryan.

When he moved to the Rangers he was basically a free agent scout who was there to help figure out who fits them.

Then he got front row GM experience as an assistant in Ottawa.

I'd just like to piss some Ottawa fans off.

I could definitely get on board with Murray. Ottawa seems to have done pretty well drafting and has shown a willingness to make trades to impact the team (Conacher--although not working out spectacularly; Ryan--working out spectacularly; Foligno for Methot), while staying competitive on a very constricted budget. He's also a younger up and comer, which I find much more appealing than a member of the good ol' boys club.

I could definitely get on board with Murray. Ottawa seems to have done pretty well drafting and has shown a willingness to make trades to impact the team (Conacher--although not working out spectacularly; Ryan--working out spectacularly; Foligno for Methot), while staying competitive on a very constricted budget. He's also a younger up and comer, which I find much more appealing than a member of the good ol' boys club.

It's strange seeing your name with a different avatar. How long did you have your last one? Feels like forever.

Tim Murray and Jim Benning are both 50 and Murray would be more a part of the old boys club. However, I like Murray for many of the same reasons I liked Benning.

I would prefer so much more than Benning. The bonus is we get to screw the entire Sens organization and fans over with this move as well.

Pretty sure Melnyk has been expecting him to take the GM job for cheap. As bad as it's been around here I'll bet coming here will be a breath of fresh air for him.

Tim Murray and Jim Benning are both 50 and Murray would be more a part of the old boys club. However, I like Murray for many of the same reasons I liked Benning.

Well, my perceptions were WAY off :lol:

For whatever reason I thought Murray was more like early 40s and Benning mid-late 50s.

I'm not sure I can change mine back even after the tank is complete.

I feel like you should keep yours for as long as necessary to get the job done :w00t:

Archived