Pat LaFontaine : The Future Begins

LGR4GM

What is Neely's role in Boston?

And Lala's inexperience is a concern of mine. Nonetheless, it is an exciting day to be a Sabres fan.

I always thought Neely's role was to look angry/intense sitting in the press box and be a buffer for the GM for public relations. The interesting thing to me is with all the talk of LaFontaine being able to land a big fish at GM, if that GM doesn't have full autonomy on hockey decisions it will be far more difficult to bring that big name in.

I mean it looks like he is going to have the Russ Brandon role, and as long as he knows his place it'll be fine. He isn't the GM

Yeah, I think Cam has an even bigger role than what Pat will have. Cam is President in charge of both hockey and business operations. Pat will oversee the GM and scouts... maybe coaches and trainers and such too? (not sure exactly)

The talking heads on NHL Network are throwing out names like Neil Smith, Rick Dudley, and Joe Niewendky for GM, BTW.

I was lucky enough to get training time with Patty LaLa back in my youth hockey days and I gotta say I am beyond happy that he is gonna be making decisions for our team. GoDD your right about him having "character" if half this roster had Pats character this team would probaly be in first place. Obviously based on my other posts I am not thrilled with his choice of interm coach. But hey if he trusts him to do the job for the rest of the season. I say have at it, cant be any worse then android ronron

I am not concerned about his lack of experience for two reasons. He is humble and personally honest.

Yeah, I think Cam has an even bigger role than what Pat will have. Cam is President in charge of both hockey and business operations. Pat will oversee the GM and scouts... maybe coaches and trainers and such too? (not sure exactly)

The talking heads on NHL Network are throwing out names like Neil Smith, Rick Dudley, and Joe Niewendky for GM, BTW.

Oh lord, please no. He was a trainwreck in Dallas.

Mildick on NBCSports said it LaFontaine was a P.R. move and didn't understand the Nolan hiring panning the whole thing except the firing.

The whole Kaleta and Scott issue was brought up and how much you want to bet Nolan just said it bringing Kaleta and Scott back was an option just too piss off Toronto. Nolan did played psyop games with other teams.

Mildick didn't bite, still you could see it made that former goon squirm.

Due to various contractual obligations, finding a permanent coach in the middle of the season is pretty difficult, no?

Not to mention I feel more comfortable with lafontaine picking a gm than allowing terry n ted to do it. He's made it clear the new gm can pick who they want for coach.

What is Chris Drury up to? I always thought he was a smart guy and he definitely new how to lead... wonder if he would come be an assistant in Rochester or even perhaps Buffalo... just spitballing here no need to think to much on it.

Hell, why stop there. Perreault and Robert' could bartend in the Lexus Club. Korab, Playfair, Barnaby and Ray could do security. We could get Hasek to replace RJ for the play by play. Molginy could be the skating trainer, particularly speed. Danny Gare can run the Tim Hortons store in the Arena. Biron can run our broadcast team for the Quebec feed.

:P

Archived