All About Ted Nolan

Eleven

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Fact is he has a three year contract waiting to be signed. Muckler name is not relevant in this imo.

Yep, and if I had a good friend who I sincerely felt got screwed over by 'the brass' for unjustifiable reasons, I wouldn't be very anxious to sign, both as a matter of personal honor and conscience, and also practicality.

Practicality, in that, if I felt the organization was poorly run at the highest levels, I would not want to commit to that organization.

And let's also NOT forget - it wasn't Ted Nolan who first spoke of his 3 year contract offer - it was the Sabres brass. They're the ones who've put pressure, via the Media and the fans, on Ted Nolan. Ted Nolan I believe seemed quite willing to not even discuss it.

Edited by Jsixspd

Yep, and if I had a good friend who I sincerely felt got screwed over by 'the brass' for unjustifiable reasons, I wouldn't be very anxious to sign, both as a matter of personal honor and conscience, and also practicality.

Practicality, in that, if I felt the organization was poorly run at the highest levels, I would not want to commit to that organization.

And let's also NOT forget - it wasn't Ted Nolan who first spoke of his 3 year contract offer - it was the Sabres brass. They're the ones who've put pressure, via the Media and the fans, on Ted Nolan. Ted Nolan I believe seemed quite willing to not even discuss it.

Right. And in light of the crap with Patty the last thing they want is to be made out to look like they aren't treating Ted fairly. They are. If you don't like then don't sign it but the team is making sure the crap stops before it even starts with him. And it is starting with him. So if he is of that mindset adios. If you felt that the organization is that poorly run you should be president or gm or own your own team. Maybe Pat should have taken the gm title so Ted would feel comfortable?

And lastly why shouldn't the Sabres brass put it out there? They have to move on also. We don't want people who don't want to be here. I'm guessing Luke Richardson wants to be here. Ted has a choice and a three year offer on the table. I like Ted but he's losing me a little bit right now and I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I am surprised it's happening this fast though.

I don't like my boss but I come to work everyday. Tough chit huh?

Anyone hear any news or updates on the contract situation? It seems with each passing day, Teddy's leaning towards leaving. But leaving for what? I don't like the little value he's placing on being an NHL head coach.

I don't think he's going anywhere. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he told GMTM that he wanted to get through the rest of the season before making a decision. Ted has always struck me as a guy who needs some time to reflect.

Anyone hear any news or updates on the contract situation? It seems with each passing day, Teddy's leaning towards leaving. But leaving for what? I don't like the little value he's placing on being an NHL head coach.

He and GMTM are probably having a nice lunch right now at a beachside resort in Ft Lauderdale. Latest from Weds was that TM was headed to FL to hang with him for a few days and talk it out. From the TB segment on WGR it sounds like they have barely hung out up to this point. Quite a contrast to BFFs DR and LR. I was a noob Sabres fan (just opening my eyes to the NHL) during TN's last stint with us, and have my doubts about the "us against the world" strategy, but his results over the past few months are impressive. I'm in.

I don't think he's going anywhere. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he told GMTM that he wanted to get through the rest of the season before making a decision. Ted has always struck me as a guy who needs some time to reflect.

Well, I doubt that the Sabres would go for keeping it open that long, and for that matter that TN would ask for that -- it's just far too long and would be pretty unusual.

I would guess that they'll give him another couple of weeks at the most.

Well, I doubt that the Sabres would go for keeping it open that long, and for that matter that TN would ask for that -- it's just far too long and would be pretty unusual.

I would guess that they'll give him another couple of weeks at the most.

Either way, I doubt we were going to get an "oh god yes" from Ted right away.

This morning Paul Hamilton said that Ted was finally back to his normal self and joking around and smiling after the trade deadline had ended. Not sure why. He's a tree hugger. He's back just coaching and knows who his team is. I expect him to sign in about a week.

He sure can coach crappy players. Who knows if he can coach stars.

This morning Paul Hamilton said that Ted was finally back to his normal self and joking around and smiling after the trade deadline had ended. Not sure why. He's a tree hugger. He's back just coaching and knows who his team is. I expect him to sign in about a week.

He sure can coach crappy players. Who knows if he can coach stars.

This is an important point. There is a difference, certainly. I'm guessing he's up for the task. Damn sure like to test the theory on some legitimate stars before I make up my mind for sure, though.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

He'll sign, of that I'm sure. I don't even see an issue with waiting until the end of the season. If he says no, it's not like they're going to try to find someone before the end of the season anyway. No urgency whatsoever until the last game is played.

Anyone else having issues with NHL video? Regardless of the team, if it's coming from the NHL video server, it's borked on my end. And that's over 4 different computers, and I have FIOS.

Nevermind...if I turn the tracking back on, it works fine. Figures...NHL can't respect your privacy (pronounced "priv - eh - see").

Edited by sizzlemeister

Anyone else having issues with NHL video? Regardless of the team, if it's coming from the NHL video server, it's borked on my end. And that's over 4 different computers, and I have FIOS.

Might be an adblock issue since the NHL started putting 15 to 30 sec ads in that come in before their video clips.

It almost worked the first time 'round.

I hope Nolan is here when we finally win that cup.

I think that this is too close to the old bad Sabres thinking.

I prefer this line of Thinking: The only thing that matters is the crest and the city. As long as those things are in tact, I don't care who is on the team or in the organization when we win the cup, just win the cup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.