New President of Hockey Operations, Presser @10:30 a.m.

spndnchz

i'm kind of glad Nolan doesn't have a 3 yr contract or something... he knows his role and it's just to fill a hole until the pieces are in place. I'm sure if things are going well, they'll give him a shot but I like that he seems to know just to do what they want and not worry about his job future.

I hope they tell him, "let the kids play and have fun, if they end up being a -3 but have 2 points or great chances and learning, then so be it. We need to see what they can do without handcuffs on"

Edited by TM8-PL16

I'd love to know what the plan is for GM because they need to get moving on that very soon. You can't have someone coming in cold with little to no relationship with other GM types and start to make deals.

Good point, we still have a few elephants in the dressing room.

I'd love to know what the plan is for GM because they need to get moving on that very soon. You can't have someone coming in cold with little to no relationship with other GM types and start to make deals.

I wonder if the Guy in Pittsburgh will be it. He already has connections and knows folks.

I would hope Pat would have some guys in mind who have experience. Who's out there right now who isn't working?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Regier gone...!!! FINALLY!!!!

Opening a special bottle tonight in celebration.

Will LaFontaine be able to do a better job? Who knows, but if ever there was a time when change for the sake of change was good, this is it!

Thank you!!!!

Do teams typically let guys like Botterill leave mid season?

I have no idea which leagues have those rules in place that allow a guy to leave if he is getting a higher position. Even if that is in place, who knows if it is allowed in-season. The stories on those rules constantly get crossed up from league to league in the media.

Stoked about this! Can't wait until the Toronto game. I love the move with Patty and as far as Ted Nolan is concerned, he will get them competing every night - no doubt about that. I am sure the hope is that he does well enough that the new GM wants to keep him. PL obviously believes in him. I love these moves.

I wish I knew the exact inner workings and dynamics that took place in the Sabres front office the past decade... just seems like they were never on the same page, and that causes major problems. Looking forward to the new staff working together to bring us a winner.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.