GDT: Buffalo at Florida 10-25-13 at 7:30 PM

dudacek

Which one? He laid out a few nice ones this evening.

To be fair, he had a couple brain fart giveways that didn't hurt us, but I love his upside.

GO SABRES!!!

The one in the third, after we went ahead. We have people over playing games and I got distracted :unsure:

Game thoughts:

• I'm not sure if Larsson and Zemgus are NHL hockey players yet, but they will be. No quit in those two.
  • Can someone please explain to me why Nikita dropped to 16th overall? A 6'5" defenceman with a mean streak who can skate and plays to impose his will on the game? I know, I know, just three games, but dammit we need something to hang our hats on.
  • I'm sure Myers hasn't won many hearts back with his play this year, but you gotta admit his brain farts are way down from last season.
  • I hope someone asks Ron if it really hurt the team giving Stafford's ice time to Girgorenko.
  • Hodgson was pretty weak tonight, but Vanek was worse.
  • For all the hopeful glimmers, that win was all Jhonas. He has looked real good for quite a while now. Definitely a player Rolston has handled well.
  • As far as I am concerned, Miller and Vanek can be traded any time.
  • It's been lost in this dismal season, but Marcus Foligno has produced some pretty solid numbers on the league's worst team. Five points, 28 hits and the team's best +/- after nine games.
  • I know every win, especially against a team like Florida, hurts our bottom line, but that felt a helluvalot better than the other 11 games.

If the team played every game with heart like tonight, it would be easy to get behind a rebuild. Zadarov and Foligno played like they caught their best friend dry humping their little sister. Ott woke up. Myers took a hint from the rookies and started taking chances. Even getting outshot so badly, they still weren't going to lay down and take a loss tonight.

Z tackles his man in front of the net; go for it Z, whatever it takes. :w00t:

Let's Go Buffalo!

Is it fun that now when you say Z I could think of two players? Zemgus or Zadarov.. Z!

A little verbose. He would do well to study Rick's economy.

Now be fair.. RJ was more verbose but now his mouth can't move that fast.

Now.... onto the game... what I watched of it.

It's time to move Vanek. He looks checked out and when I see him skating as hard as Grigorenko.. bleh. Also, did you notice how on Hodgson's EN goal Vanek skated right by and then finally came back to the group. Vanek looked almost pissed that Hodgson didn't pass it. Vanek is a good player but I think he's gone and they should move him now.

Enroth is holding his own enough for me to move Miller. Thing is.. there's probably not a GREAT market for him so why not keep him. Having one goaltender playing to make Team USA and the other playing to take the #1 job seems to be working so far.

Rolston's system is still crap. The team is too passive. They are playing not to lose and not playing to win. That turnover for Hodgson's EN goal was the perfect example of one way to keep pressure on a team and force turnovers. Watch how many forwards go deep on the forecheck and then skate out of the zone past the guy with the puck. The system sucks. Rolston needs to let this team attack and allow it to get burned more often. Right now no team will back off the forecheck on the Sabres because they know the Sabres are playing passive. They crowd the blueline because the Sabres aren't stretching the ice. Rolston.. time to change or time to go.

There's heart on this team, there's desire but it seems to be getting diminished. I will still hold to there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

- Enroth was great.

- Vanek is just mailing it in at this point. I won't miss him.

- holy mackerel that was a great hit Nikita dished out with 90 seconds left.

- I also liked Foligno, Ott, McCormick, Risto and Myers tonight.

- Glad they won but getting outshot 45-20 is a losing formula.

- I wonder if JJ will stop the nonsensical tirade against the Buffalo media to explain how great the Panthers' plan is working again. (And I think the Buffalo media is pretty minor league -- but I don't see how anyone could think they are a contributing factor to this team's failings).

- since this year seems to be about playing the kids, we'll probably see Tropp and Armia when they're healthy. Fine with me. Scott can stay benched.

- Enroth was great.

- Vanek is just mailing it in at this point. I won't miss him.

- holy mackerel that was a great hit Nikita dished out with 90 seconds left.

- I also liked Foligno, Ott, McCormick, Risto and Myers tonight.

- Glad they won but getting outshot 45-20 is a losing formula.

- I wonder if JJ will stop the nonsensical tirade against the Buffalo media to explain how great the Panthers' plan is working again. (And I think the Buffalo media is pretty minor league -- but I don't see how anyone could think they are a contributing factor to this team's failings).

- since this year seems to be about playing the kids, we'll probably see Tropp and Armia when they're healthy. Fine with me. Scott can stay benched.

Did you see a different first two periods than I did?

any money Dineen gets axed after this one.

This game isn't going to sit well with Tallon. This is Markstrom's chance to grasp the #1 spot and he's not doing it. And Tallon's not going to be relying on Thomas for the future, if he makes it through this year at all. He's already came flat out and said he's ready to make any trade that helps his team. If Thomas/Markstrom doesn't pan out soon, he will make a deal for a goaltender that can be #1 for the next 3-4 years.

Archived