GDT: Buffalo at Florida 10-25-13 at 7:30 PM

dudacek

There really aren't many reasons to be satisfied with this game. You'll win a game where you get outshot 45-20 maybe once every twenty times. The only reason the team looked good was because of Enroth and how absolutely brutal Florida is. Florida is the only team slower than us. They'll likely end up with the first pick.

Anybody else notice Vanek's body language on the empty netter? He cut to the middle looking for a pass, never got it. Hodgson COULD have made it because he didn't have the perfect angle. Hodgson shot and scored. Vanek skated by Hodgson and then when the team came together to congratulate Hodgson, Vanek tapped everybody but Hodgson.

EDIT: Now that I watch it again, Hodgson gives Hodgson a tap immediately after the goal.

It's time to move Vanek. He looks checked out and when I see him skating as hard as Grigorenko.. bleh. Also, did you notice how on Hodgson's EN goal Vanek skated right by and then finally came back to the group. Vanek looked almost pissed that Hodgson didn't pass it. Vanek is a good player but I think he's gone and they should move him now.

This didn't happen at all, he bumps fists with hodgon right after he scores, and is in the group pretty fast, now you are just seeing things that aren't there.

This didn't happen at all, he bumps fists with hodgon right after he scores, and is in the group pretty fast, now you are just seeing things that aren't there.

For the record, I saw it at first, too. I noticed that he fist bumps him after, but he shows no joy or support for Hodgson.

Anybody else notice Vanek's body language on the empty netter? He cut to the middle looking for a pass, never got it. Hodgson COULD have made it because he didn't have the perfect angle. Hodgson shot and scored. Vanek skated by Hodgson and then when the team came together to congratulate Hodgson, Vanek tapped everybody but Hodgson.

EDIT: Now that I watch it again, Hodgson gives Hodgson a tap immediately after the goal.

That was my first impression too, but then I saw them on the bench right after, smiling and talking.

Myers played that 3rd period like he did his rookie year. I don't know where that came from.

With all due respect, you have blinders on. I have been saying since the start of the season he looks better. I think what you saw tonight was better pairings and a young D corp with a little fire in thier bellies.

I liked what I was seeing with the younger guys and I hope the vets don't drag them down. Hodgson already seems to be catching what the vets have been suffering from, whereas Foligno seems to be shaking it off.

With all due respect, you have blinders on. I have been saying since the start of the season he looks better. I think what you saw tonight was better pairings and a young D corp with a little fire in thier bellies.

I liked what I was seeing with the younger guys and I hope the vets don't drag them down. Hodgson already seems to be catching what the vets have been suffering from, whereas Foligno seems to be shaking it off.

Come on man, no blinders. I wasn't talking about this entire season in general, I was talking about one period in particular. WIthin that period he had two shifts in particular that really stood out.

Hodgson has 9 points on the worst offensive team in the league. Say what you want, that's not easy.

Come on man, no blinders. I wasn't talking about this entire season in general, I was talking about one period in particular. WIthin that period he had two shifts in particular that really stood out.

Hodgson has 9 points on the worst offensive team in the league. Say what you want, that's not easy.

Hodgson was the second best Cody in the game tonight. Except for a play or two Hodgson was pretty much invisible for most of the game. McCormick had a solid game and was an example of what the Sabres need in a fourth-liner not those players currently being discussed in other threads.

As much as I liked Ennis in the previous game, I did not like how he played in this one. A three on one led by Ennis and the Sabres don't even record a shot on net, that's unforgivable.

For shifts Grigorenko look better than he has previously. Hopefully he can put enough shifts together and play a solid complete game. The bar of being a #1 center in the league may be out of reach for the kid. He does have enough talent to play in the NHL, it's just taking him time to catch up to the speed of the game.

Florida is a team very similar to the Sabres right now, they both are going to make a lot of teams feel good about themselves.

• Hodgson was pretty weak tonight, but Vanek was worse.

Lazy play is pretty much inexcusable, but in some defense of Vanek, he is in a lame duck situation, where as Hodgson just signed a 6 year contract. Hodgson may be the player that I'm most disappointed in, because he has the talent to be a very good player, but his lack of effort had surpassed even that of Drew Stafford (IMO). These teenagers on the team need some of these 20-24 year olds out there leading by example and Hodgson could/should be one of those players, among others. Hodgson may have been in the same situation, where he picked up the bad habits of those players a few years ahead of him. I really believe that the poor effort of this team is much more hurtful than the talent or lack of talent is.

The Sabres are now 2-0 in games I've watched from home with the neon light on.... my mandate is clear.

How's that commercial go? "It's only weird if it doesn't work..." LOL

Here's Risto's first goal - nice to see a Sabre taking some shots from the outer part of the zone. Stafford would have just passed it to someone else - probably a Panther - LOL

How's that commercial go? "It's only weird if it doesn't work..." LOL

Here's Risto's first goal - nice to see a Sabre taking some shots from the outer part of the zone. Stafford would have just passed it to someone else - probably a Panther - LOL

I like how Ristolainen didn't shoot the puck straight into a defenders shins. When was the last time that happened?

How are people complaining about Coho???? seriously get a grip. He is our leading goal and point scorer. He is on track for a 60 point season. You know who should be leading this team in points? Thomas Friggin Vanek. The guy is paid to be a point per game player, but only managed that once since signing his contract (in a shortenered season). He is the highest paid player on this roster and a captain. ###### Vanek. He is the highest paid player and the captain, how on earth is he excused of lazy behaviour because he is in the last year of his extortionate contract? He should be trying, for once, to live up to that contract.

That's the biggest thing that has stood out to me about Ristolainen....he has a little swagger on offense and isn't afraid to shoot. If Zadarov keeps crushing guys and throwing caution to the wind, maybe Risto will take note and up his physical game.

It's interesting to see more and more people pick up Hodgson floating. Nobody can question his offensive vision, but in coming back and in his own zone, he floated from day 1. He didn't pick it up here. Hodgson is turning into the Sabres' Chris Burkett. That guy had tons of talent, and would put up numbers...but didn't put the effort into the little things. He was a starter at a skill position for years out of necessity. He eventually got cut for Don Beebe.

Myers is looking better, but it's sad that we are treating him like a puppy recovering from a house fire in the SPCA. For $6 million he should dominate. We get excited when he just completes a series of hockey plays without falling down or giving the uncontested puck away.

At least Enroth is probably sparking a few more phonecalls on Miller.

How are people complaining about Coho???? seriously get a grip. He is our leading goal and point scorer. He is on track for a 60 point season. You know who should be leading this team in points? Thomas Friggin Vanek. The guy is paid to be a point per game player, but only managed that once since signing his contract (in a shortenered season). He is the highest paid player on this roster and a captain. ###### Vanek. He is the highest paid player and the captain, how on earth is he excused of lazy behaviour because he is in the last year of his extortionate contract? He should be trying, for once, to live up to that contract.

Fifth all-time in goals scored for the Sabres. Imagine if he wasn't "lazy."

The reason Vanek doesn't look like a star right now is that the Sabres never have the puck. They spend most of the game in their own end, with the defense chasing the other team's forwards around. They were outshot 45-20, and that's considered a "good game" this year.

Archived