GDT: Buffalo at Florida 10-25-13 at 7:30 PM

dudacek

The pattern of this team is becoming pretty apparent

Period 1 -- Ice a team that looks like the first day of practice by a JV team. No flow, no passing, no clue and give up a goal or two. End the period down by 1 or 2 but within shot. Badly outshot usually by 2-1

Period 2 -- Come out and play hockey for the first time during the game. All of a sudden passes are connecting. Guys are driving the net and score a goal or two. Problem is, you let in a goal or two as the other team continues to skate. Shots are about even.

Period 3 -- Within striking distance after period 2, but still behind. Other team goes into Jersey mode where they keep everything in front of them. They push their chances when they get them and get a goal. Meanwhile, Buffalo throws as much as they can muster (which isn't a lot most nights, but definitely more than the first) at the net. The goalie gets pulled at the 1:20 mark and they fail to get a goal. Buffalo gets more shots on goal than their opponent in the third to make the final tally look kind of even.

I believe.

I believe we can win this race for the bottom.

We already have the national media of Canada ( unfortunately T.O. ) railing against our ineptitude and unabashed thuggery. I'm really not sure how bad it is Stateside as far as that goes. There is Milbury. I'll watch the game if for no other reason than to see what new and unusual lowpoint this franchise can hit during the game. Anyways as always because I love and adore them however dreadful they be , GO SABRES !

And to Damian Cox , bugger off eh.

I think the only games I really will be wanting this team to win are 1 - Boston, 2 - Toronto, 3- Montreal. I feel bad for wanting the loss tonight but I think a good drubbing by Florida could be EXACTLY what fast forwards some change. I just have a feeling that if this game goes realllyyy badly, we hear something SOON. Beating Florida, I can think of nothing less satisfying and counter productive.

I think the only games I really will be wanting this team to win are 1 - Boston, 2 - Toronto, 3- Montreal. I feel bad for wanting the loss tonight but I think a good drubbing by Florida could be EXACTLY what fast forwards some change. I just have a feeling that if this game goes realllyyy badly, we hear something SOON. Beating Florida, I can think of nothing less satisfying and counter productive.

Every time I watch a game I want to win. I want to watch Zemgus, Rasmus, Nikita, Mikhail, Mark, Marcus, and Johan grow and have success.

Every time I watch a game I want to win. I want to watch Zemgus, Rasmus, Nikita, Mikhail, Mark, Marcus, and Johan grow and have success.

The problem, I believe, is that current management is stunting this growth of the future core. Certain veterans on this team NEED to go yesterday....

The problem, I believe, is that current management is stunting this growth of the future core. Certain veterans on this team NEED to go yesterday....

I agree, but does that really cause you to root against the team? I mean your heartbeat quickens a little bit and you cheer when we score the odd goal right?

I still haven't gone through the last GDT. Our roof is getting redone by some Amish guys who didn't think twice about starting on the roof under the satellite dish even though it was so easily avoidable. So I listened to rick while I was at work. A slow night compared to the late faceoff time allowed me to catch some of the game with my sister, dad, and brother. Although I missed Hodgson's goal in the dead spot on the back of the hill on the way home from work :censored: But I saw Nikita's goal, and that was the loudest I cheered all season.

I want the same thing...

but then there's this:

It's tough to root for your team to win and lose at the same time :blink:

Sabres in their first 11 games averaged a meager 1.4 goals per game. If you throw out the high (4) and one of the lows(0) for greater statistical accuracy, and divide by 9 in stead of 11, their average goals per game drops to a paltry 1.2 goals per game.

Regier - look at the numbers and FIX THE DAMN TEAM! That's your job - stop making excuses. The team's performance and your job performance are unacceptably poor.

Darcy will get fired and we'll all get to have our day in the sun. I want to be entertained by hockey right now though.

I don't think I will have experienced a happier moment in the last few years in terms of sports joy (other than the Bills beating the Pats) if Darcy were to be fired.

Maybe the Sabres do have a chance to win this game. :)

But of course Flynn replaces Stafford on the Vanek line. Why not Foligno?

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres

The #Sabres will play with 11 forwards and 7 D tonight. Tallinder scratched. 4th line is just Stafford and McCormick.

Archived