GDT: Columbus at Buffalo 10-10-13 at 7:00 PM

26CornerBlitz

I think a lot of people on here look at Stafford and see what he should be and look at Grigorenko and see what they want him to be.

Before you judge Rolston look too harshly, look at each and see what they are.

Stafford is a proven 20-goal man with good NHL size and skill, decent hockey sense and not much grit, who has forgotten how to score.

Grigorenko is a talented, gangly 19-year-old who struggles to keep up at the NHL level.

What is Ron Rolston?

An in-over-his-head wallpaper salesman?

(Preemptive defense: calm down, it's a joke--yes, it's way too early to say much about his capabilities as a coach)

Oh no it's not... I've made up my mind. :flirt:

My point is that he's as big of a ? as some of the young players on the roster.

And it's a good point. So far I'm guardedly impressed, but it will be interesting to see how he handles the brush fires sure to break out during what is going to be a very trying season.

I want to see less lazy 1-4 trap and more high-effort, just-crazy-enough-to-work 3-2 forechecking. Pound these chumps in their own end and make them cough up the puck. Rely on Miller to stand on his head.

I'm pretty much at the point, where in my sick, twisted mind I'm having visions of Darcy kicking in the door to the locker room during the 1st intermission, blue in the face, screaming if Rolston has completely lost it, playing that kind of high-paced, balls-to-the-walls game.

We will lose again. 2:1 Lucky goal by Larsson, Miller with 42 saves, nevertheless two save short to win it.

Rolston gets fired in 5 games without win.

I would prefer Darcy gone, but I suppose Rolston gone wouldn't bother me either.

Simply too much of the traditionel mediocre, tread-on-nobody's-toes, Darcy mold.

We're doomed... DOOMED, I TELL YOU!!! :death:

Sam Reinhart, come on down!

:worthy:

Game night! :beer:

Grigs debate is interesting. I'd add Vanek/Miller sentiment into it too. So if he sucks and DR/RR chooses "be patient and let him play", then more losses, then Vanek "f this". Or, if he sucks and RR chooses "bench him for Larsson/Porter/etc" then better chance to win, then (if win) Vanek "ok cool, pay me".

And what's he like in the room? Of course the pros know blue chips get different treatment, but the whole leash-length piece should be considered too. "d***head gets tons of ice, but i get yanked for a bad shift!".

If they were worried about resigning Vanek and Miller there would be two-three established nhl level top six wingers (15-20 goals with skills) and a real center on this team to accelerate the rebuild process. i do not see them so i assume they made the Vanek/ Miller decison long ago and i am absolutely sure Vanek and Miller know that.

Maybe the team should get wasted before the game, they wouldn't skate or pass any worse all hammered, but maybe if ya fill em up with some jack or some johnny walker they'll get a mean streak in them and actually put their big boy pants on instead of the leggings they've been wearing.

The head coach of the worst team in hockey. Our projected future #1 center can't crack the lineup of the worst team in the NHL. this organization is the biggest joke in all of sports.

Hockey Hell is much more appropriate.

I don't think Grigorenko ever plays #1 center on any team in the NHL. After next season, I won't be surprised if he's in the KHL (maybe sooner).

I don't think Grigorenko ever plays #1 center on any team in the NHL. After next season, I won't be surprised if he's in the KHL (maybe sooner).

My hope is that Larsson plays great tonight and it lights a fire under Grigs. I still think he has a higher cieling than Larsson, Who doesn't look like an Nhl player to me. I don't get all the hoopla over Larsson.

Archived