GDT: Columbus at Buffalo 10-10-13 at 7:00 PM

26CornerBlitz

Don't patronize me, I said MOST players don't find their way until early to mid 20's, you can't take an exception to the rule and prove me wrong. And you haven't even proven me wrong yet. If his talent was so damn evident, why did he not get picked until 17th?

Wow, that's quite a stat...... all the teams that picked in front of us are playing 500 hockey. Take away the team that's 4-0 and the teams 2-6 that picked in front of us are 10-11-3. Not exactly a convincing number. In the last 3 years, hasn't Toronto start 4-0-1 and 9-2-0 and missed the playoffs both times? You do now we're only 5 games into the season, right?

Don't give me this 'people like you' ######. I've been critical enough of this team, probably overly critical at times. That was when the team was loaded with veterans that were going through the motions. Perhaps you choose to ignore that fact, or maybe you just don't remember. This is a totally different team trying to go through an accelerated rebuild with players who wouldn't usually even be on the ice yet. It's hypocrites like you that will bitch about both sides of the story simply because that's all you're good at..... bitching. And make everybody else miserable in the meantime. If you get this carried away with a ###### sports team, I really hate to see how you deal with reality.

I am not bitching. I am stating the obvious. Without going into a book style response let me give you a few quick examples of what is not a "rebuild".

1. Thinking you will develop a cup contending teams with mid-round picks.

2. Not moving up in a draft that had franchise type players.

3. Not trading 2 players that could have returned picks on one of the strongest drafts in years.

4. Most likely now trading the same two players for picks in one of the weakest drafts.

5. Not trading, buying out, or cutting players that have been nothing but a complete waste of money.

6. Not trying to get at least a couple character veterans in here to help with the youth movement.

7. Not hiring a coach who has the respect of the players as someone who is more than just a replacement. Give the players and the fans a reputable coach and I guarantee you the players effort and the fans expectations are much different.

8.Screw it. If you don't get my point by now why bother.

I am not bitching. I am stating the obvious. Without going into a book style response let me give you a few quick examples of what is not a "rebuild".

3. Not trading 2 players that could have returned picks on one of the strongest drafts in years.

4. Most likely now trading the same two players for picks in one of the weakest drafts.

5. Not trading, buying out, or cutting players that have been nothing but a complete waste of money.

6. Not trying to get at least a couple character veterans in here to help with the youth movement.

7. Not hiring a coach who has the respect of the players as someone who is more than just a replacement. Give the players and the fans a reputable coach and I guarantee you the players effort and the fans expectations are much different.

This guy is right on the money. Very well said

They've had 7 picks in the top two rounds, the last two years. Including four 1st round picks. That's not mid-round.

Nobody was willing to give up their early picks. How often do you see teams moving up in the first round?

Neither you or I know what was available, and what was offered. It wouldn't have mattered because unless Darcy netted four 1st round picks for Miller and Vanek this place would still be bitching about not getting enough in return.

We'll see what happens with that.

And replace them with..................

Again, it woudn't have mattered becuase if Darcy picked up some character guys on one year contracts everybody (MAJORITY) of people would bitch that he didn't get something better and that we won't go anywhere with retreads.

Do you know something we don't know?

Finally something we agree on. I've been pondering the same thought. I see your point, you remind us constantly.

Couldn't agree more.

Vanek's too lazy to keep his stick in front of his body.

The little girl's Oh Canada was spectacular; the U.S. anthem was a hound's breakfast. She needs to simplify her game on that one.

and fat..lol

Someone should make a poll...

for captain?//lol

You actually liked my idea with such a deep draft. I said trade Vanek/Miller/Myers/Stafford. We couldn't buyout Lieono because he was hurt and hadn't traded for Tallinder or resigned Hodgson. In return for those 4 guys, you would have picked up at least another 3 1st rounders, plus who knows. You would have had $33 million in cap space freed up to go into a FA marketplace where the salary cap was artificially lower FOR ONLY 1 YEAR, contenders had to let guys walk because they were over the cap, and the Sabres planned on being bad anyway.

You draft 10 guys in the first 2 rounds, let them all develop in juniors and the AHL the next 2-3 years along with your current young players not quite ready, you use the $33 million to sign a mix of younger possible impact guys (Clarkson,etc.), and older veterans with a history of winning, even if they are over the hill (Briere, Vinny, Iginla, Ference, Jagr, etc.). Even if you had to overpay those guys 20%+ to come to Buffalo for 3-4 years, you would still have been able to sign 5 or 6 name free agents who could guide the now overstocked cupboard of young guys who would then have the culture and skillset to fully compete 3-4 years from now when they are 21-24 instead of being thrown to the wolves as babies. At that time, all the overpriced vet contracts would be ready to come off the books.

A lot of people liked the idea. Many said it was stupid. All I know is that once again, not only does the GM not have any vision or creativity whatsoever, but the poor fans are being forced to eat the turdiest of turdburgers this season it looks like.

s of kids and five years of 0and 82 lol

I thought Rolston might have been ok, but it looks like so many Sabres in the past, he did ok on instinct, novelty and chaos by being thrown into a situation...and when the dust settles, it's the SOS. Blah!

yep you would have lots of money,many children and seven years of 0-82 even with nathan mckinnon.... lot

I disagree there. I think the team would be better. I'm not say incredibly better but I've referenced some of the "system" stuff they've been doing that is all on Rolston as near as I can tell.

Based on current results I agree. But I've not seen Roy coach and given the talent disparity between Colorado and Buffalo it's hard to say. The Avs massively underachieved last season, the Sabres probably overachieved. The Sabres are, essentially, the same team that finished last season. They looked better then than they do now. Something is rotten in the State of Denmark.

So I wasn't on this original part but I wanted to chime in. I didn't want the team to bottom out last year. The problem I've had this year is that it seems Rolston has this this team all screwed up. The players don't appear to be on the same page. One player is dumping the puck when no one is chasing. Turnover. A defenseman hits a forward who is standing still and is covered. Turnover. Players miss each other because they keep throwing passes all over the ice. Turnover. Given that this is pretty much the same team as last year (adding Ristolainen and Girgensons who have actually looked decent) then I have to look somewhere.

Either the Miller/Vanek/Ott status is very concerning to people or Rolston has done something with how he is approaching this team. I had faith last season to give Darcy a chance and I thought his draft looked really good. At the time I supported keeping Rolston based on what I saw at the end of last year. However, in 5 games I've seen some mind boggling decisions by Rolston and if this is the best he is going to be when I freely admit I was wrong about him. The bigger problem is that Regier was also wrong about him and that's a huge mistake when you need to find a coach that can handle turning the team around. So, right now, I'm tired of the crap I see. Myers should be scratched, and not just for 2-3 games. I'd put him waaaaay down the list. Let him sit for 9 games while Zadarov plays even. He clearly isn't getting the message. Rolston is not making good decisions on his lineups.

At this point, I'm confident that this team is better than they are playing but not while Rolston is pulling the strings.

@TheHockeyGuys

Patrick Roy Bringing Intensity and Structure to the Avalanche http://fb.me/LRAyKV87

They've had 7 picks in the top two rounds, the last two years. Including four 1st round picks. That's not mid-round.

Nobody was willing to give up their early picks. How often do you see teams moving up in the first round?

Neither you or I know what was available, and what was offered. It wouldn't have mattered because unless Darcy netted four 1st round picks for Miller and Vanek this place would still be bitching about not getting enough in return.

We'll see what happens with that.

And replace them with..................

Again, it woudn't have mattered becuase if Darcy picked up some character guys on one year contracts everybody (MAJORITY) of people would bitch that he didn't get something better and that we won't go anywhere with retreads.

Do you know something we don't know?

Finally something we agree on. I've been pondering the same thought. I see your point, you remind us constantly.

I was going to respond but you have had a rough night.

You didn't need to come up with an excuse.

Ok I will answer in order.

1. I thought you were smart enough that I did not have to state they were mid-first round picks. 12,14,8,16 to be exact.

2. Carolina

3. It's called vision. Thinking a year or more in advance of where your team is going to be. Instead you go day to day and here you go. 2 guys that are in their final year and every GM knows DR will not allow them to just walk. He cannot have another Drury/Briere. Therefore, his trading leverage is minimal.

4. Would you rather us ask for picks in 2015 instead. Prolonging this misery even more. The best time to get picks for those two was the previous draft. For some reason everyone else on here gets that but you.

5. Players like Stafford have no business on this team. They exemplify what this team has been about for years. Laziness and failure. To keep them is inexcusable.

6. You sign at least 1 proven forward in FA. It tells the current players and the fanbase you are not completely rolling over. That you are trying to stay competitive as you "rebuild".

7. A coach with a track record and reputable name would also have same affect what as #6.

8. You like to argue. If you are tired of my complaining tough ######. As long as this ownership and management continues to run this organization like a joke I will continue to bitch. Don't like it don't read my posts.

I don't like to argue, I like to get people to state their opinion in detail to show they aren't just bitching for the hell of it. You still have yet to prove that. I like to stir up civilized dialogue, in which you are obviously incapable.

Sure, you can bitch all you want. Neat thing about this is, it's a two way street. I can call you out on it just as often. Don't like it? Tough ######.

I don't like to argue, I like to get people to state their opinion in detail to show they aren't just bitching for the hell of it. You still have yet to prove that. I like to stir up civilized dialogue, in which you are obviously incapable.

Sure, you can bitch all you want. Neat thing about this is, it's a two way street. I can call you out on it just as often. Don't like it? Tough ######.

Ok your right. As always.

Archived