The Captain

Doohickie

It's almost impossible for us to predict this kind of thing. We may have a good idea of what kind of teammate someone like Ott might be but who's to say that a guy like Hodgson, who's the future of this time anyway, isn't a bit of a leader himself. I'm tired of rotating captains or a two-year wonder like Craig Rivet, let's anoint someone who'll keep that role for years to come.

I'll play devils advocate here in regards to Ott being captain. This is just me throwing it out there and not what I believe to be true or that contract situations should play a roll in who is selected captain. Having said that, apparently Ott and the Sabres are far apart regarding salary on a contract extension. By giving Ott the C you providing him with significantly more negotiating power which leads to the Sabres to overpaying for him or losing him come July. I say you give Vanek the C and hope the team plays well enough that he signs an extension.

I'll play devils advocate here in regards to Ott being captain. This is just me throwing it out there and not what I believe to be true or that contract situations should play a roll in who is selected captain. Having said that, apparently Ott and the Sabres are far apart regarding salary on a contract extension. By giving Ott the C you providing him with significantly more negotiating power which leads to the Sabres to overpaying for him or losing him come July. I say you give Vanek the C and hope the team plays well enough that he signs an extension.

The Clarkson contract F'd up negotiations IMO.

On captaincy, I think it's Vanek.

But don't you think Ott is more likely to re-sign than Vanek is?

One of the reporters Twitter feed said something about how they're choosing someone based on the franchise's future, so, from that, I infer that Ott may not be in the mix (as he's not signed long-term). It makes me think there is something to the Hodgson theory.

Me too, but I don't like that outcome at all.

As I've said before, the captain needs to be someone who, in a Lucic-Miller situation, will immediately and forcefully deliver either a fist or a stick to the perp's face.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.