Breaking Bad *SPOILER ALERT*

qwksndmonster

I arrive late to some parties, it seems.

Two years ago, my kids gave me the complete "The Sopranos" collection. I devoured it.

I am now half way through "Game of Thrones". A colleague loaned it to me. I'm hooked.

I have put off "Breaking Bad", in large part because my kids call me Heisenberg. When I ask if that's good or bad, they say "you'll see".

Soon, very soon ...

Edited by Neo

Two years ago, my kids gave me the complete "The Sopranos" collection. I devoured it.

I am now half way through "Game of Thrones". A colleague loaned it to me. I'm hooked.

I have put off "Breaking Bad", in large part because my kids call me Heisenberg. When I ask if that's good or bad, they say "you'll see".

Soon, very soon ...

Don't you dare watch the final season before you catch up.

A few months ago my neighbor asked me for a Netflix recommendation. I told him Breaking Bad. He asked for others and I told him no, just Breaking Bad. I saw him about a week later and he had to "thank" me for the resulting sleep deprivation for he and his wife.

I discovered the show by accident while channel surfing during season one and I flipped to AMC just at the climax of the bathtub scene at Jesse's house.

Soon, very soon ...

To be called Heisenberg by one's children is a badge of honor, IMO ......he is the king

To be called Heisenberg by one's children is a badge of honor, IMO ......he is the king

**just note my screen profile photo

Final season. It's going to be out of control.

I bet at least 6 out of the 8 episodes are going to be crazier than any episode previously released. It's gonna be a dead sprint to the finish.

I've watched this teaser about ~20 times and I get chills at "look on my works, ye mighty, and despair" every single time. Bryan Cranston you are so sexy.

Maybe everyone should give his/her prediction as to what happens at the end?

I will predict that the older son gets hurt or killed and the wife, blaming Walter, kills him.

How's that for uplifting?

I was thinking about this earlier, and I would absolutely love it if Skyler got to exact revenge on Walt for ruining her life.

I can't conjure up a prediction, as the show is just too damned unpredictable, but I want to see how Lydia and Meth Damon play a role in Walt's downfall. I also want to see Lydia and Walt hook up, because those two are just too similar. They both are pretty damned good at getting people not to kill them, and they use their kids as an excuse.

Friends of mine have also suggested that Jr. will be revealed to be on the blue. It would certainly give meaning to how many times he excuses himself from the house to go hang with Louis. On the other hand, it would make perfect sense for nothing to come from this as well. Just teenagers hanging out.

Edited by qwksndmonster

As for my prediction, I think Jesse finally kills Walt and then goes into witness protection after blowing the whole thing open to Hank. Hank then has to arrest his own sister and Junior kills himself. Also I think Skyler kills Marie on accident in there somewhere just to keep the blows coming to Hank. Hank and Jesse end up being the last men standing though.

I am Gustavo kill? Swamp did you mistake Sabre space with /r/circlejerk?

My top 5 episode endings:

5) Season 1 Episode 5 "Gray Matter"

This is the second time an episode ends with no music (the first being "Skyler, I have to tell you something." in episode 3). Walt goes over to Jesse's house after agreeing to go through treatment and says "Wanna cook?" What a way to jolt the audience with excitement after 2 White family oriented episodes.

4) Season 3 Episode 4 "Green Light"

Victor throws Walt half of Jesse's money at a stoplight. I think my love for this ending is tied in heavily with my love for "The Valley of the Sun" by Buddy Stuart, a song that very few people would know about today if it wasn't for Breaking Bad (I certainly wouldn't). "The two of us are one" lyric (Walt/Heisenberg) was a nice touch. That last organ chord along with the shot of the green light gives me chills every time. I love the tonal dissonance of the song and the clandestine activities the green light is alluding to. Reminds me a lot of the effect of the music in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

3) Season 3 Episode 7 "One Minute"

After Hank kills Marco Salamanca, the shot of the entire parking lot with the only sound being the blaring car alarm is stunning. The first time I saw it I said "Holy ######!" aloud about 3 times.

2) Season 3 Episode 10 "Fly" and Season 5 Episode 4 "Fifty One"

They were too similar, so I copped out and put them both here. Fly is a haunting silent ending where Walt looks up from his bed to see the symbol of his guilt (and main antagonist of the episode) sitting on the flashing red light of the smoke detector. Fifty One ends with Walt much more relaxed in his own bed, while the camera does an extreme close up on the second hand ticking on his watch. The last two ticks sound like a gun cocking. The first time I watched it, I thought it was just Walter's time ticking away. Then I remembered Mike's "You're a time bomb, tick tick ticking." Add that to the fact that the watch is sitting on The Leaves of Grass, and you have one of the most meaningful endings of any episode in the series.

1) Season 4 Episode 11 "Crawl Space"

I have never experienced a scene that scares me so much the 7th time I watched it. Walt's madness, Skyler's terrified face, Marie's voice on the answering machine, and the sound track create a moment of sheer sublime terror. This scene, coupled with the gun spinning scene set to "We are Born When We Die" by Apollo Sunshine in the beginning of episode 12 are just beautiful.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I won't make any specific predictions other than to say that Walt will not be killed or die, but rather he will see his family and friends suffer the consequences of his actions. A fate worse than death.

Saul is one of my favorite characters, and apparently a spinoff featuring him is a possibility. That would ease the pain of BB going away a bit.

Better Call Saul

I am Gustavo kill? Swamp did you mistake Sabre space with /r/circlejerk?

My top 5 episode endings:

5) Season 1 Episode 5 "Gray Matter"

This is the second time an episode ends with no music (the first being "Skyler, I have to tell you something." in episode 3). Walt goes over to Jesse's house after agreeing to go through treatment and says "Wanna cook?" What a way to jolt the audience with excitement after 2 White family oriented episodes.

4) Season 3 Episode 4 "Green Light"

Victor throws Walt half of Jesse's money at a stoplight. I think my love for this ending is tied in heavily with my love for "The Valley of the Sun" by Buddy Stuart, a song that very few people would know about today if it wasn't for Breaking Bad (I certainly wouldn't). "The two of us are one" lyric (Walt/Heisenberg) was a nice touch. That last organ chord along with the shot of the green light gives me chills every time. I love the tonal dissonance of the song and the clandestine activities the green light is alluding to. Reminds me a lot of the effect of the music in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

3) Season 3 Episode 7 "One Minute"

After Hank kills Marco Salamanca, the shot of the entire parking lot with the only sound being the blaring car alarm is stunning. The first time I saw it I said "Holy ######!" aloud about 3 times.

2) Season 3 Episode 10 "Fly" and Season 5 Episode 4 "Fifty One"

They were too similar, so I copped out and put them both here. Fly is a haunting silent ending where Walt looks up from his bed to see the symbol of his guilt (and main antagonist of the episode) sitting on the flashing red light of the smoke detector. Fifty One ends with Walt much more relaxed in his own bed, while the camera does an extreme close up on the second hand ticking on his watch. The last two ticks sound like a gun cocking. The first time I watched it, I thought it was just Walter's time ticking away. Then I remembered Mike's "You're a time bomb, tick tick ticking." Add that to the fact that the watch is sitting on The Leaves of Grass, and you have one of the most meaningful endings of any episode in the series.

1) Season 4 Episode 11 "Crawl Space"

I have never experienced a scene that scares me so much the 7th time I watched it. Walt's madness, Skyler's terrified face, Marie's voice on the answering machine, and the sound track create a moment of sheer sublime terror. This scene, coupled with the gun spinning scene set to "We are Born When We Die" by Apollo Sunshine in the beginning of episode 12 are just beautiful.

Great stuff here. Nice to see such an elegant appreciation for this show. Lots of tasty food for thought. Thanks.

Just watched episode 1 season 1 last night. Can't wait to follow this bad boy. I am officially hooked on Breaking Bad (finally), Sons Of Anarchy, Vikings, Bates Motel and Million Dollar Listing NY (something about that show just motivates me in a good sales way).

One of us. One of us. Now stay away from this thread until you're caught up, chump!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.