Breaking Bad *SPOILER ALERT*

qwksndmonster

Good observations. But if that's the case Walt is again thinking he can control things he can't. Would investigators be that easily duped? They're going to look squarely at the car wash and say, "Hey, how did you afford that?" Maybe they could have fooled the IRS, but everyone else?

Good observations. But if that's the case Walt is again thinking he can control things he can't. Would investigators be that easily duped? They're going to look squarely at the car wash and say, "Hey, how did you afford that?" Maybe they could have fooled the IRS, but everyone else?

I would guess that like everything else WW has tried, it falls apart and his family ends up paying the price.

They way the Whites played it, Skyler appears to have known about the money, but she was abused into keeping quiet by Walt.

I would guess that like everything else WW has tried, it falls apart and his family ends up paying the price.

The family would've paid a much worse price if he hadn't done it, and I don't really see the drawbacks to this particular plan. It could definitely still fall apart in the next to episodes, along with everyone and everything else.

This is the song that plays when Walt is dung beetling (rolling his barrel). "Say goodbye to everyone. Goodbye to everyone." :cry: In the BB Insider Podcast, Vince Gilligan says that he told the musical director to turn this song off after 4 notes the first time he heard it. Now he says it's his favorite use of licensed music in the show. This scene also had an awesome call back to the very first shot of the show in the pilot.

KU1GxBm.gif

So that's where they landed. First shot of the show is Walt's pants flying off the RV through the air.

Thats setting up nicely for the final episode. I just hope Walt gets those racist scumbags that have his money.

The racism is really the least of their problems.

Drug-running and murdering -- specifically murdering a mother and leaving her body for her son to find this episode. Not to mention threatening an infant in front of her mother.

At this point, the swastika tattoos are practically quaint compared to the rest of the package.

The Nazis are going down. Heisenberg has been dormant the entire season (save for tread lightly and the confession). Granite State took this to its logical conclusion and made Walt afraid and pathetic in the penultimate episode. Him getting motivated by Gretchen and Elliot stating that Walt had nothing to do with Gray Matter (other than naming it) was an awesome twist. Remember that in Walt's mind the company is founded on his work, and Gretchen and Elliot are enjoying the good life with his son's birthright. I could see Lydia surviving, similar to the bad guy living in Scarface (which Villigain has stated over and over is an influence for the show), but the Nazis are done. Villains like them have always been disposed of in the past (Tuco, the gangbangers who killed Tomas, the cousins, Don Eladio).

Some combination of Walt and Jesse will take down the Nazis and the ricin is for Gretchen and Elliot.

Not gonna happen, IMHO. The whole point of the show is that everything he planned has turned to poo-poo.

Every time somebody underestimates Walt they wind up dead. Krazy 8, Amellio, Tuco, Mike, and now Jack is the last domino to fall. Walt's plans turn to poo-poo, but that's always in reference to hiding it from his family, who ultimately ended up turning him in when he couldn't hide it anymore. As far as coming out on top in the meth industry, Walter White is the Michael Jordan of murder and drug king-pinnery.

The Nazis are going down. Heisenberg has been dormant the entire season (save for tread lightly and the confession). Granite State took this to its logical conclusion and made Walt afraid and pathetic in the penultimate episode. Him getting motivated by Gretchen and Elliot stating that Walt had nothing to do with Gray Matter (other than naming it) was an awesome twist. Remember that in Walt's mind the company is founded on his work, and Gretchen and Elliot are enjoying the good life with his son's birthright. I could see Lydia surviving, similar to the bad guy living in Scarface (which Villigain has stated over and over is an influence for the show), but the Nazis are done. Villains like them have always been disposed of in the past (Tuco, the gangbangers who killed Tomas, the cousins, Don Eladio).

Some combination of Walt and Jesse will take down the Nazis and the ricin is for Gretchen and Elliot.

Every time somebody underestimates Walt they wind up dead. Krazy 8, Amellio, Tuco, Mike, and now Jack is the last domino to fall. Walt's plans turn to poo-poo, but that's always in reference to hiding it from his family, who ultimately ended up turning him in when he couldn't hide it anymore. As far as coming out on top in the meth industry, Walter White is the Michael Jordan of murder and drug king-pinnery.

Well, I think the Nazis -- i.e. a representation of pure evil -- are going to sail away with the money and with few or no casualties. Again, I think the whole point of the show is that there is no dipping into the evil jar in limited doses with happy results -- that's why the great train robbery ended in a child getting killed.

Walt becoming a murdering drug dealer devastated him and everyone around him. Once he decided to do evil -- even for what he thought was a good purpose -- the results were going to be all bad. It's hard to imagine a worse outcome for Walt's family than what's happened to them, it's hard to imagine a worse outcome for Jesse than what's happened to him, and it's hard to imagine a worse outcome for the Nazis (from the viewer's perspective) than them living happily ever after with Walt's $70MM.

IMHO, of course.

Well, I think the Nazis -- i.e. a representation of pure evil -- are going to sail away with the money and with few or no casualties. Again, I think the whole point of the show is that there is no dipping into the evil jar in limited doses with happy results -- that's why the great train robbery ended in a child getting killed.

Well said. And that's why Jesse went nuts in the back of the car — he had pulled the trigger.

Well said. And that's why Jesse went nuts in the back of the car — he had pulled the trigger.

I'm kinda expecting Jesse's resolution to be that he'll be locked in the cage cooking for the Nazis indefinitely, unable to attempt escape (via suicide or otherwise) because the Nazis will kill Brock if he does.

Separately: this is pretty good: http://extramustard.si.com/2013/09/23/last-nights-breaking-bad-featured-a-classic-college-hockey-game-from-1998/

Edited by nfreeman

Really terrific ending. The whole episode was just beautifully shot. Most shows would kill for just one sequence as well done as the opening scene where Walt is hiding in the car and the police lights are flashing just outside. Walt's last talk with Skyler. Or just Walt saying goodbye to Holly. Or watching his son come home from school for the very last time.

I don't know when we'll see something this special again.

And Mad Men is on notice for its last 14 episodes now too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.