Breaking Bad *SPOILER ALERT*

qwksndmonster

Walt's initial justification for cooking meth and selling it was to provide for his family. Teaching, and working at the car wash weren't paying enough, or providing him any fulfillment, and may have even made him sick. In a better world, teaching would be enough for Walt, but there is a character flaw at work, be it ambition, or pride, or boredom that leads him into a life of crime. He can cook a mean batch of meth. He identifies himself as a good chemist. I don't think that he ever identified himself as a good teacher, or a good car washer. His self-worth is tied up in the fact that only Walt, Heisenburg, can make the blue stuff, because his chemistry is so good. Chemistry is Good. Good Chemistry is God for Walt. Good Chemistry is what makes Walt heroic, in the same way that good checking makes Kaleta heroic.

Walt's initial justification for cooking meth and selling it was to provide for his family. Teaching, and working at the car wash weren't paying enough, or providing him any fulfillment, and may have even made him sick. In a better world, teaching would be enough for Walt, but there is a character flaw at work, be it ambition, or pride, or boredom that leads him into a life of crime. He can cook a mean batch of meth. He identifies himself as a good chemist. I don't think that he ever identified himself as a good teacher, or a good car washer. His self-worth is tied up in the fact that only Walt, Heisenburg, can make the blue stuff, because his chemistry is so good. Chemistry is Good. Good Chemistry is God for Walt. Good Chemistry is what makes Walt heroic, in the same way that good checking makes Kaleta heroic.

Cool concept. I like it.

I know it's slick, cool and fashionable to love Breaking Bad but the whole idea of its popularity, like Dexter, like Walking Dead, totally escapes me. It sickens me to think of what meth really does to people and how people are finding this, as well as serial killers and gruesome images of death hip popular entertainment. Don't want to spoil the party but we're losing our souls.

http://www.nydailyne...14855?pmSlide=0

I don't think you have the slightest clue what makes people love Breaking Bad.

I'm missing my usual dose of Jesse Pinkman. Very little screen time in 509 and 510. Interesting to see what a different feel the show has now that Hank is so important (at least to me).

You say that, but if there's one thing I've witnessed it's the kids I went to school with growing into completely sounds adults despite the supposed decline of ethics. All that changes is perspective with age. Every generation thinks the next is doomed. It's just not true.

I see the same thing. ...

And then I wonder, "What the phuck happened to me!"

I don't think you have the slightest clue what makes people love Breaking Bad.

I'm missing my usual dose of Jesse Pinkman. Very little screen time in 509 and 510. Interesting to see what a different feel the show has now that Hank is so important (at least to me).

The forthcoming Hank interrogation of Jesse promises to be good, I think. Hank is gonna turn him and then all that guilt and self-loathing is gonna be directed at the one who caused it. Jesse will be back in a big way.

You say that, but if there's one thing I've witnessed it's the kids I went to school with growing into completely sounds adults despite the supposed decline of ethics. All that changes is perspective with age. Every generation thinks the next is doomed. It's just not true.

It reminds me of the quote by some professor:

"It is a well known fact that the average intelligence of freshman undergraduates has been decreasing for the last 200 years"

I think either Jesse has to kill Walt or the other way around. I don't see Walt going to jail, or dying from cancer either. He either has to die at the hands of someone he loved, or live having lost everything that he was working to save. Glad I pushed through to the end of the show; the next 6 episodes are gonna be intense.

He's the only one who sees Walt for who he is. That video was the lowest of a lifetime of lows for Walt.

The fact that Skyler went along with it is amazing. I really thought she'd break again but she continues to follow Walt's lead. She could blow the whole thing wide open, save herself and her kids. And instead chooses not to.

I really should have watched last year's episodes again before this season started. I've found I forgot a few things that happened. What is so important about the ricin at this point? Even though we saw Walt go back to retrieve the ricin in the first episode this year, I thought he had it in the first place, not Jesse. When did Jesse get his hands on it again? And why does Jesse care if he was about to leave for good anyways?

I really should have watched last year's episodes again before this season started. I've found I forgot a few things that happened. What is so important about the ricin at this point? Even though we saw Walt go back to retrieve the ricin in the first episode this year, I thought he had it in the first place, not Jesse. When did Jesse get his hands on it again? And why does Jesse care if he was about to leave for good anyways?

The ricin was important in last night's episode because (I think) Jesse realized that Walt was lying to him a couple of seasons ago when he said that he didn't poison Jesse's girlfriend's son. I will say that I am not rock-solid as to how Jesse figured that out.

The ricin was important in last night's episode because (I think) Jesse realized that Walt was lying to him a couple of seasons ago when he said that he didn't poison Jesse's girlfriend's son. I will say that I am not rock-solid as to how Jesse figured that out.

A few seasons ago Jesse had the ricin in a cigarette in his pack (it was hidden there). Walt got Saul to (via Huell) lift it out of the pack. When the kid was poisoned with what appeared to be ricin, Jesse went off on one and thought Walt had stolen it and poisoned the kid. Walt told him that Gus had poisoned the kid and that he hadn't done it. He then 'found' it (although what he 'found' was actually a fake one had just made from salt) in Jesse's vacuum cleaner robot

In last night's episode Jesse went to spoke weed because he was stressed on the side of the road and realised Huell had bumped into him and lifted it. He then took out his pack of cigarettes to take a smoke and penny dropped and he realised that the last time Huell touched him he had lost the ricin cigarette

A few seasons ago Jesse had the ricin in a cigarette in his pack (it was hidden there). Walt got Saul to (via Huell) lift it out of the pack. When the kid was poisoned with what appeared to be ricin, Jesse went off on one and thought Walt had stolen it and poisoned the kid. Walt told him that Gus had poisoned the kid and that he hadn't done it. He then 'found' it (although what he 'found' was actually a fake one had just made from salt) in Jesse's vacuum cleaner robot

In last night's episode Jesse went to spoke weed because he was stressed on the side of the road and realised Huell had bumped into him and lifted it. He then took out his pack of cigarettes to take a smoke and penny dropped and he realised that the last time Huell touched him he had lost the ricin cigarette

Ah OK. I got it now, thanks! I wasn't so sure how this was all going to play into the current situation again, I figured it wasn't relevant any more. Obviously, that's not the case as it somehow plays into the conclusion of the series.

The pace is just astounding. Walt made his move, Hank made a counter move. Jesse is caught in the middle of one of Walt's wars again.

It's heartbreaking to see how little everyone cares for Jesse's life. It's really Walt's last redeeming quality.

The tension just grows every episode.

Jesse's transformation over the course of the plaza scene last night was fantastic drama. He went from scared of losing his life to "being the one who knocks" all in that scene. The camera shot looking up at him as he called Walt from the pay phone really drove home Jesse's transformation. He became much bigger all of a sudden. And I think it's so ironic that Hank seems to now be willing to go along with Jesse's plan.

I just started watching the show this weekend and finished season 1 last night. So far so good. I really enjoyed one crazy bit of unintentional foreshadowing in one of the last episodes I saw. Right after Walt shaved his head and Jessie saw him for the first time, he said "you look like Lex Luthor". That was absolutely hilarious given the rumors that Cranston has signed on for that role in the next Superman movie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.