Breaking Bad *SPOILER ALERT*

qwksndmonster

The Nazis are going down. Heisenberg has been dormant the entire season (save for tread lightly and the confession). Granite State took this to its logical conclusion and made Walt afraid and pathetic in the penultimate episode. Him getting motivated by Gretchen and Elliot stating that Walt had nothing to do with Gray Matter (other than naming it) was an awesome twist. Remember that in Walt's mind the company is founded on his work, and Gretchen and Elliot are enjoying the good life with his son's birthright. I could see Lydia surviving, similar to the bad guy living in Scarface (which Villigain has stated over and over is an influence for the show), but the Nazis are done. Villains like them have always been disposed of in the past (Tuco, the gangbangers who killed Tomas, the cousins, Don Eladio).

Some combination of Walt and Jesse will take down the Nazis and the ricin is for Gretchen and Elliot.

Every time somebody underestimates Walt they wind up dead. Krazy 8, Amellio, Tuco, Mike, and now Jack is the last domino to fall. Walt's plans turn to poo-poo, but that's always in reference to hiding it from his family, who ultimately ended up turning him in when he couldn't hide it anymore. As far as coming out on top in the meth industry, Walter White is the Michael Jordan of murder and drug king-pinnery.

Good call!

Are you guys serious??

Sorry, just caught up to the finale now. I've loved and I mean loved this whole series but what a terrible ending. I mean the majority of the episode was so slow and I thought the goodbye to the family was cheesy. The way the ricin has been discussed the whole series I thought it would have had so much meaning in the end. I mean they started the last 8 episodes by showing Walt going back for the ricin. And it's to kill Lydia?? A boarderline secondary character who has little in the way of history with Walt. Really?! Jesse doesn't kill Walt at the end? I mean I know he though he was going to die anyways but talk about anti-climatic. Also, he tries getting his money to his kids by simply threatening Gretchen? I don't know guys, like I said I loved the series but I thought it was a really weak ending. Then again, I seemed to be one of the only ones to like the Sopranos ending......

Are you guys serious??

Sorry, just caught up to the finale now. I've loved and I mean loved this whole series but what a terrible ending. I mean the majority of the episode was so slow and I thought the goodbye to the family was cheesy. The way the ricin has been discussed the whole series I thought it would have had so much meaning in the end. I mean they started the last 8 episodes by showing Walt going back for the ricin. And it's to kill Lydia?? A boarderline secondary character who has little in the way of history with Walt. Really?! Jesse doesn't kill Walt at the end? I mean I know he though he was going to die anyways but talk about anti-climatic. Also, he tries getting his money to his kids by simply threatening Gretchen? I don't know guys, like I said I loved the series but I thought it was a really weak ending. Then again, I seemed to be one of the only ones to like the Sopranos ending......

Why do you think Jesse decided not to kill Walt?

One might say because he never wanted to take even one more life but then I'd say he killed Todd two minutes previous. The only reason I guess makes sense is Walt told him too and that was Jesse's revenge by not and knowing he'd die anyways. I just wasn't satisfied with that I guess.

The real part that had me disappointed at the end was the ricin debacle. I mean they had been talking about that the whole second half of the series! Lydia? Really??

The moment she put the packet in the coffee the wife and myself said ' the ricin '. It was too obvious and too perfect. She had to die.

Jesse had to know Walt could not kill himself so by not killing him he was going to let him die slowly by cancer which in his mind was far worse.

I saw Jesse not killing Walt as not wanting to do anything he says anymore. He also probably would have done it if he didn't see that Walt already got shot.

And I agree with Derrico a little bit in that the ricin to Lydia was pretty telegraphed and didn't really surprise me in any way. I was actually in disbelief when they showed the swirling coffee shot because I thought for sure that the stevia was a red herring.

• 5 months later...

I saw Jesse not killing Walt as not wanting to do anything he says anymore. He also probably would have done it if he didn't see that Walt already got shot.

And I agree with Derrico a little bit in that the ricin to Lydia was pretty telegraphed and didn't really surprise me in any way. I was actually in disbelief when they showed the swirling coffee shot because I thought for sure that the stevia was a red herring.

I agree with this.

Walt and Jesse switched places by the end of the show. In my opinion, Jesse is the main character of the show.

A couple things that show the switching of places:

Simple one: crotch grabs. Jesse does them at the beginning and then we see Walt doing them more at the end.

Less subtle:

Jesse brings the RV to the airport near the beginning and Walt says "You brought a meth lab to the airport?"

Later on Walt brings a bomb into the hospital and Jesse's line was "You brought a bomb to a hospital?"

Good call!

For the record, that was actually a bad call. Only thing that was right was about the Nazis, and that part was obvious. Everything else was off completely. The ricin wasn't for Gretchen and Elliot and Lydia died.

I agree with this.

Walt and Jesse switched places by the end of the show. In my opinion, Jesse is the main character of the show.

A couple things that show the switching of places:

Simple one: crotch grabs. Jesse does them at the beginning and then we see Walt doing them more at the end.

Less subtle:

Jesse brings the RV to the airport near the beginning and Walt says "You brought a meth lab to the airport?"

Later on Walt brings a bomb into the hospital and Jesse's line was "You brought a bomb to a hospital?"

For the record, that was actually a bad call. Only thing that was right was about the Nazis, and that part was obvious. Everything else was off completely. The ricin wasn't for Gretchen and Elliot and Lydia died.

Did you just cite crotch grabs as the shift of focus of the show and then try to correct the record to my call being bad in the same post? Jesse became much more empathetic, since the show was about Walt becoming the bad guy, but Jesse was certainly not the main character at the end. I was actually pretty disappointed with the amount of screen time he got in the final 8 episodes.

Did you just cite crotch grabs as the shift of focus of the show and then try to correct the record to my call being bad in the same post? Jesse became much more empathetic, since the show was about Walt becoming the bad guy, but Jesse was certainly not the main character at the end. I was actually pretty disappointed with the amount of screen time he got in the final 8 episodes.

I agree that Jesse really seemed to get tossed aside after Hank was killed.

It's not about just the crotch grabs. It's about the way they act in general. Walt became more and more childish and like Jesse was at the beginning when he got power. Subtlety.

And don't get offended. I had no idea the ricin would end up being for Lydia either (although I did predict that she would die along with all the Neo Nazis). Didn't know where the other two were headed, and wouldn't have predicted the money deal with them. I wouldn't have guessed Walt's final destination if it wasn't ruined for me by one of my friends, though.

Edited by Tankalicious

A friend was out in Albequerque in February. They went through the area where a lot of filming happened. They went out of their way to send me a picture of the Schrader house.

Very nice.

Schrader was a great character. For that matter so was his jittery klepto wife.

Cranston was on Stern a few weeks ago for another fantastic interview. When they were discussing BB, Cranston mentioned that he suggested to Gilligan that the WW character go even more out of control ...getting into fights, random sexual escapades and actually trying his product himself. Obviously they never took it in that direction, but some of that might have been interesting.

Very nice.

Schrader was a great character. For that matter so was his jittery klepto wife.

I love Hank. It's so mortifying that he endured so much because of Walt, but still died in the end. Betsy Brandt and Dean Norris really did a great job playing the supporting couple.

It's not about just the crotch grabs. It's about the way they act in general. Walt became more and more childish and like Jesse was at the beginning when he got power. Subtlety.

And don't get offended. I had no idea the ricin would end up being for Lydia either (although I did predict that she would die along with all the Neo Nazis). Didn't know where the other two were headed, and wouldn't have predicted the money deal with them. I wouldn't have guessed Walt's final destination if it wasn't ruined for me by one of my friends, though.

I wasn't actually offended, it's fun to look at predictions from when the story was incomplete (just like that time I predicted Drew Stafford was going to score 35 goals). I really liked the way Walt and Jesse's arcs complimented one another, too. Walt slowly become a more emotional person as he realized his potential and Jesse got a pretty good (albeit twisted and evil) education from Walt while finally growing up.

• 1 year later...

Dammit, I'm usually pretty good at catching that crap. Didn't realize it was a NBC.com.co link............ dead giveaway.

I don't understand what the hell people find so entertaining about false/satirical news.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Dammit, I'm usually pretty good at catching that crap. Didn't realize it was a NBC.com.co link............ dead giveaway.

I don't understand what the hell people find so entertaining about false/satirical news.

Satire like the Onion I get. Just making up fake stories in order to actually trick people is dumb, annoying, and only done to drive traffic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.