All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

7 in a row!! Nice job down in Amerkville. Armia with a goal and assist today!!

I don't get to watch any Amerks games, but supposedly the top pair of McNabb and Pysyk is playing great down on the farm.

Might be a pairing we'll see in Buffalo next year? I know one of the reasons for drafting both Risto and Zad this year was they can play as a pair (one is a natural right-sided player, one is left-sided player). Two future pairings for the Sabres, perhaps?

Anyone watch the Amerks game on TV? I'm catching up right now. The Pulse Limosine commercial was...um...interesting. Do the strippers come with the limo?

Man, Pulse has really thrown the gauntlet down. Let's see if the scrapyard girls answer the challenge.

• 4 weeks later...

Just started watching Amerks vs Crunch from earlier tonight. Two fights in first 2 min. :)

Seriously, that's almost the most irritating team nickname ever. Crunch? I want them to change it to Mintberry Crunch.

Raptors is worse. Slightly.

And this is coming from a guy who is a casual fan of a team that's actually called the Buffalo Bills.

Edited by Eleven

Seriously, that's almost the most irritating team nickname ever. Crunch? I want them to change it to Mintberry Crunch.

And this is coming from a guy who is a casual fan of a team that's actually called the Buffalo Bills.

I've always thought the Bills were kind of a stupid name :ph34r:

Edited by inkman

The Crunch name is partially due to the fact that Nestles had a big plant in Fulton, north of Syracuse at the time, and they were a big sponser. It was the winning name of 5 offered in a fan contest.

I've always thought the Bills were kind of a stupid name :ph34r:

Worst in sports, in my opinion.

They're named after a guy who was almost single-handedly responsible for the extinction of the animal represented by their logo and city name...

It's only appropriate if the "Bills" refers to paying the price for season tickets every year.

They're named after a guy who was almost single-handedly responsible for the extinction of the animal represented by their logo and city name...

It's only appropriate if the "Bills" refers to paying the price for season tickets every year.

I think the Bills took the name for other reasons. The positive ones surrounding William Cody.

Of course they were named during less PC times when Custer was thought of as a hero, and kids were wearing coonskin hats. I think the Browns are worse, named after Paul Brown. Bills is better than the Buffalo Ralphs.

Nope.

The guy who worked on the Pony Express at 14. The guy who serves bravely in the Union Army. And the guy who was a champion of women's rights.

Medal of Honor recipient.

Also said "Every Indian outbreak that I have ever known has resulted from broken promises and broken treaties by the government."

If we're looking for historical villians, this isn't the guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.