Sabres pick #8 Rasmus Ristolainen

inkman

The Rangers had Ristolainen or some spelling thereof.....he may have played for Edmonton too, but I remember him as a Ranger

Maybe that is who I am thinking of. For some reason, I was thinking of a timeframe when the Oilers were Cup Crazy, but I like I said, maybe I was dreaming.

Maybe that is who I am thinking of. For some reason, I was thinking of a timeframe when the Oilers were Cup Crazy, but I like I said, maybe I was dreaming.

You are thinking of Reijo Ruotsalainen, Oilers Dman in the 80's.

I don't know. Every time I hear his first name I think of Erik Rasmussen.

And you've ruined it for me. officially.

• 2 weeks later...

Rasmus was taken off of the Finish world junior team... doesn't say why

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=678707

I was thinking that it's because he signed his entry level deal, but I can't find player eligibility requirements for the IIHF WJC anywhere (besides being U20). A bunch of young players that were signed played during the lockout(s), but that could've been a special case. Players that have been signed, but haven't played much NHL, also have played. Not sure what's up.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like pairings of:

Myers & Hank

The Hoff & Pysyk

Weber & Risto

#7 & #8: McBain & Sulzer

Still not sure why we grabbed McBain, but with a couple of injuries he could prove useful.

Am I allowed to complain about this? Yes? No? Because it looks a hell of a lot like a Darcy defense. 1 out of 8 of those guys will actually move a man from in front of the net on a regular basis. The Finn is a ? in that regard, but given he is 18 and the amount of hair product he uses....I'll believe it when I see it. This season is setting up with the same exact type of roster as 2007-08, except less talented. If Hodgson gets the C, then I think that's when I'll call it a day.

Am I allowed to complain about this? Yes? No? Because it looks a hell of a lot like a Darcy defense. 1 out of 8 of those guys will actually move a man from in front of the net on a regular basis. The Finn is a ? in that regard, but given he is 18 and the amount of hair product he uses....I'll believe it when I see it. This season is setting up with the same exact type of roster as 2007-08, except less talented. If Hodgson gets the C, then I think that's when I'll call it a day.

I hope Hodgson gets it then.

facepalm.gif

I hope Hodgson gets it then.

So do I actually. For as much as you think I love misery, I actually love to laugh.....and that announcement will bring a 30 second belly gusher from me. Well, actually, it would actually be a 15 second staccato/soprano laugh, then I pause for 3 seconds to catch my breath and wipe away the water from my eyes, then another 15 seconds of laughter. Relax d4rk.....I don't want to make you or anyone miserable. If I am making you so, it is because you see the truth in what I say and hate it. If I am full of bologna, it's easy to pay no attention and live in Happyland with the other Happitonians.

So do I actually. For as much as you think I love misery, I actually love to laugh.....and that announcement will bring a 30 second belly gusher from me. Well, actually, it would actually be a 15 second staccato/soprano laugh, then I pause for 3 seconds to catch my breath and wipe away the water from my eyes, then another 15 seconds of laughter. Relax d4rk.....I don't want to make you or anyone miserable. If I am making you so, it is because you see the truth in what I say and hate it. If I am full of bologna, it's easy to pay no attention and live in Happyland with the other Happitonians.

Are you gone yet?

Promise?

GO SABRES!!!

Your misery has made you irreparably cynical and beyond hope of ever recapturing the pure magic of rooting for your team.

GO SABRES!!!

Promise?

GO SABRES!!!

Your misery has made you irreparably cynical and beyond hope of ever recapturing the pure magic of rooting for your team.

GO SABRES!!!

You should go to a Bills game or the racetrack with me. And in all honesty, yes, if they name Hodgson the captain, it is going to be a pure 2007 redux and I will not want to waste my time, or other peoples' for that matter. The one thing people seem to give Darcy credit for is trading for Hodgson, so he shows his genius to Pegula by signing him for 6 years at huge money while similar and more talented players in the same situation are getting 2 year bridges left and right. The gravy will be Darcy reminding Rolston who gave him the job, and tell him to strap the C on Hodgson.

You should go to a Bills game or the racetrack with me. And in all honesty, yes, if they name Hodgson the captain, it is going to be a pure 2007 redux and I will not want to waste my time, or other peoples' for that matter. The one thing people seem to give Darcy credit for is trading for Hodgson, so he shows his genius to Pegula by signing him for 6 years at huge money while similar and more talented players in the same situation are getting 2 year bridges left and right. The gravy will be Darcy reminding Rolston who gave him the job, and tell him to strap the C on Hodgson.

Given your tone when you post about the Bills, I'd most likely enjoy watching the Bills with you.

I mostly give Darcy credit for the contending team he assembled that came close in '06 and '07. If you recall the growing pains that team went through, then you'd appreciate the track he's on again, now.

GO BILLS!!!

If I am making you so, it is because you see the truth in what I say and hate it. If I am full of bologna, it's easy to pay no attention and live in Happyland with the other Happitonians.

right cause the guy in the cubicle next to you that comes in day after day and no matter what is being done assumes the very worst of everything is hated because of how right he is........

Um, what? Why is it so hard to believe, that behind closed doors, Hodgson actually is a good leader? Again I'll point to Drury....not because I think Hodgson is Drury, but because Drury's public persona was as bland, vanilla, and cliche-ridden as it gets. Yet he was revered as a locker room leader. We have no freakin' clue what any of these guys are like in the locker room.

Archived