Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

So has anybody else been voting for the NHL 15 cover? The finals are down to PK Subban vs Patrice Bergeron. I've voted about 100 times for Subban haha. Really don't want a Bruin on the cover.

Though, if it has to be a Bruin, there are far worse choices than Bergeron.

Edited by carpandean

Not really sure where to put this... But:

@MikeMcMahonCHN: Per sources, Darren Yopyk, Mark Morris and Ron Rolston have all applied for the Princeton opening, along with a handful of D1 assistants

I really think that is were Ron Rolston best belongs - at a US D1 program. And that is not intended as a cheap shot. I just think that is the best fit.

I really think that is were Ron Rolston best belongs - at a US D1 program. And that is not intended as a cheap shot. I just think that is the best fit.

I'd almost expect him to go back to the US developmental program first. He's been out of the college circle for about 10 years now, and even there, he was never more than an assistant coach. I bet he could go back to BC as they recently lost their long-time assistant coach. He could quickly become the next in line for the eventual retirement of Jerry York if he played his cards right.

Random question while watching ESPN's 30 for 30 on Wayne Gretzky:

If you were a star NHL player (at or near the top of the league), would you want to bounce around to a few different cities or would you want to find one spot and stay there?

If you were a star NHL player (at or near the top of the league), would you want to bounce around to a few different cities or would you want to find one spot and stay there?

One spot. Or do an Iginla style thing.

Unless that one spot was purgatory, I'd rather stay in one spot. I think there's something special about being a franchise cornerstone. But yea, I don't think I'd be willing to sacrifice winning for my entire career.

Unless that one spot was purgatory, I'd rather stay in one spot. I think there's something special about being a franchise cornerstone. But yea, I don't think I'd be willing to sacrifice winning for my entire career.

It's an impossible question to answer. Like you suggested, it completely depends on which city you wind up in. Do you love the city? Do you hate it? And then there's the most important question of them all.... What does the wife think (assuming there is one at some point)?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.