Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Chris Nichols@NicholsOnHockey

Did not see that coming. Brian Elliott signs a three-year contract extension w/ #stlblues. He'll partner with Jake Allen next season.

Not sure how much Nichols is speculating but I think that the Sabres are not getting that 1st from ST Louis.

He has it as well.

Jeremy Rutherford@jprutherford 5m

BREAKING: #stblues announce three-year contract extension for Brian Elliott, meaning Ryan Miller will be moving on.

So it is a 3rd in 2016 from the Blues now, correct?

He has it as well.

Jeremy Rutherford@jprutherford 5m

BREAKING: #stblues announce three-year contract extension for Brian Elliott, meaning Ryan Miller will be moving on.

So it is a 3rd in 2016 from the Blues now, correct?

@AnaheimDucks

NEWS: #NHLDucks and general manager Bob Murray agree to a four-year contract extension through 2020.

Sounds like the off-season has begun!

Fourth Period's David Pagnotta says the Sharks will dangle Niemi, Marleau and Thornton this summer. Also says the team won't pursue Miller. Marleau and Thornton have NMC, and Marleau may be the only of the two willing to waive it.

Fourth Period's David Pagnotta says the Sharks will dangle Niemi, Marleau and Thornton this summer. Also says the team won't pursue Miller. Marleau and Thornton have NMC, and Marleau may be the only of the two willing to waive it.

Marleau would make an interesting top 6 LW but 2 yrs left @ $6.7M. Ouch.

Marleau would make an interesting top 6 LW but 2 yrs left @ $6.7M. Ouch.

He wouldn't be a target for us and wouldn't waive to come here, but he's actually got three years left at that price. He's still a great talent. I'd say he's worth $6 mill, so 6.7 isn't too bad.

Good for him. I've always thought that he could be another Lombardi or Holland. Now we get to see if he can actually do it.

It will be interesting to see how he handles that aging roster.

He's also one of the guys that drafted Miller, so....

It will be interesting to see how he handles that aging roster.

The most interesting part to me is that the Cup lost to Boston is what kicked off Vancouver's downward spiral. Now they've taken the "if you can't beat them, join them" approach by poaching someone from their front office. I guess we'll get a better idea how much of Boston's approach can be credited to Benning. It all starts with the twins. What they do there will say a lot.

Of course I could have. Did the extra click cause you to exceed your daily activity limit? :lol:

In my case, at work, some of the shortened URLs are blocked due to the perceived country domains. It's not your problem. I did go to CBC to see if I could find the article, but I couldn't.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.