Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

There's just about nothing (realistic) that Jack Eichel could do to move up to number one. It's all about McDavid and not having a major injury. Eichel, while amazing, isn't even a lock to go number two.

I'd gladly have Eichel test this theory by putting up a Kariya-like freshman season. Oh wait, you said realisitic... crap, there goes that dream scenario.

Of course, now that I've said it, Eichel will probably go and put up a Kariya-like freshman season, only it'll be a Steve Kariya-like season.

Mike Keenan rumored to be possible next coach of Pittsburgh Penguins

It’s expected that a few jobs will be lost in the wake of the Penguins’ stunning Game 7 defeat at the hands of the Rangers on Tuesday night. And it’s a good bet that coach Dan Bylsma will be among the casualties.

Nothing’s happened yet, of course. The wounds are a little too fresh for the organization to have had that discussion just yet. But that hasn’t stopped rumors from circulating about his possible replacement. And one of ‘em is a doozy.

Would you believe the next coach of the Pens could be … Mike Keenan?

After reading the first few posts on this page ... :unsure:

Iron Mike is coaching in the KHL at present.

I think this would be a great move by the Pens. Crosby and Malkin wouldn't know what hit them.

I really don't think motivation is a problem for either of those two, and I don't think they would suffer his antics well at all.

I really don't think motivation is a problem for either of those two, and I don't think they would suffer his antics well at all.

Agreed, I think the lack of physical puck possession wingers hurts them.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452180

It appears the ownership of the Pittsburgh Penguins feels head coach Dan Bylsma is one member of the organization that should take the fall for this year's early playoff exit at the hands of the New York Rangers.

Since I have not heard this mentioned anywhere (forgive me if it is already in this thread), I thought I would bring this up here. Could the Olympics have cost Pittsburg a chance at the Stanley Cup? The difference between winning and losing the series vs the Rangers was one goal in game 7. Granted Lundqvist played out of his mind and I don't know if anything would have made a difference regardless. However, since Bylsma coached USA during the Olympics and one of his players was McDonagh, I am guessing Bylsma gave his defense every scouting report/possible weakness he could think of to disrupt his superstars(ie: Crosby). I know that Crosby still played well and led the NHL in Corsi but he didn't score like he was supposed too. Crosby could have been banged up or just unlucky but is there a possibility that whatever McDonagh learned/passed on to his teamates, could have helped frustrate him? I am not saying that whatever Bylsma said limited Crosby's production by 5 goals even, I am just asking could it have led to just one or two more goals and the difference in the series giving Pittsburg the edge?

Since I have not heard this mentioned anywhere (forgive me if it is already in this thread), I thought I would bring this up here. Could the Olympics have cost Pittsburg a chance at the Stanley Cup? The difference between winning and losing the series vs the Rangers was one goal in game 7. Granted Lundqvist played out of his mind and I don't know if anything would have made a difference regardless. However, since Bylsma coached USA during the Olympics and one of his players was McDonagh, I am guessing Bylsma gave his defense every scouting report/possible weakness he could think of to disrupt his superstars(ie: Crosby). I know that Crosby still played well and led the NHL in Corsi but he didn't score like he was supposed too. Crosby could have been banged up or just unlucky but is there a possibility that whatever McDonagh learned/passed on to his teamates, could have helped frustrate him? I am not saying that whatever Bylsma said limited Crosby's production by 5 goals even, I am just asking could it have led to just one or two more goals and the difference in the series giving Pittsburg the edge?

The Olympics didn't cost the Penguins the cup the last three years, Byslma, Fleury, and a some other factors I don't have time to get into at work cost the Pens a cup.

Nah. I don't think there is anything that Bylsma would give that wouldn't be publicly known. There is no way, if knows something personally about Crosby, he would share it. Furthermore, Crosby has been ineffective in the playoffs and against more than just the Rangers series.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.