Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

And because they don't have the Blues' morning teamwork regimen.

iCePalT.jpg

PETA was not seriously all over something like this? That seems odd

Anyways, its not the NHL, but did anyone catch this from the OHL playoffs last night? (They showed some of it during the intermission of the Leafs/Blues game)

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=447380

So the Spitfires had to start their backup goalie in net against London because their starter was apparently sick.

By the second period the Knights were up 6-0 and the Spitfires 19 year old goalie was skating up to the face off circles basically begging to be pulled. Because they decided to dress their sick starter as the backup instead of calling someone up, the coach says that when they were down 4-0 in the first he asked him if he would be able to go in and he said if necessary but he was feeling sick. When London went up 8-0, the 19 year old had enough, pulled a Patrick Roy, skated off the ice pulling himself from the game, went straight to the dressing room, changed and left the arena before the game was even over.

And then, in the same game, the London goaltender took offence to getting pushed around a little bit by one of the Spitfires, after a whistle went, he turned around and took a one handed swing with his goalie stick to the back of the head of the Spitfires player. He was assessed a 2 minute penalty for the swing........

the dog would get 1st line minutes #sabresproblems

He would probably outscore Leino too, play better defence then Hodgson, and is smoother moving around on the ice then John Scott!

I don't get the argument LTS. You're condoning the bullsh*t that precipitates career ending incidents, but not the outcome. How does that work?

I'm not condoning it. There is crap that happens during a hockey game, within the game itself, that no one wants to happen. It's the outcomes of actions on the ice that I don't want to see be serious injuries. There are people on this Earth that I would want paralyzed but Lucic isn't ever going to make it to that category. No player in the NHL will.

Players take shots at each other and there are lots of little things that happen in a game. Most of the time it passes without any injury and that's fine. Incidents that are clearly pre-meditated are deplorable. Bertuzzi's incident being one of the worst. The knee shot to Marchand's head this season, Thornton popping Orpik while laying on the ice? That stuff has no place in the game. I'd love to see hits from behind be taken out of the game but I don't see that happening. I accept that some things will happen and hope that no serious injury occurs.

But, to reiterate, I never want a player to end up paralyzed. If you put Lucic in the place of Steve Moore, would you be happy with that outcome? Would it be different because it was Lucic whose career was ended and still suffers symptoms of the head injury from 10 years ago? No way.

I would pay good money to watch dogs play hockey

Someone posted the videos of bears playing hockey a few months ago. It's so.... intriguing:http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/05/if-bears-play-it-how-hard-can-hockey-be/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E7amE2xXw

Edited by Cereal

How on earth does that happen? You'd have to think that he'd be able to feel the difference in height between the two skates when walking.

No clue. It's like people hitting the ice with their skate guards on. I've been told everyone does it at least once. But how? My skateguards come off while I'm putting the skates on. On my figure skates, they were a totally different feel from naked blades. I guess if you're beering up beer league...

No clue. It's like people hitting the ice with their skate guards on. I've been told everyone does it at least once. But how? My skateguards come off while I'm putting the skates on. On my figure skates, they were a totally different feel from naked blades. I guess if you're beering up beer league...

I've had loose steel before and the sound drove me crazy while I was walking. I'd have to think the sound/feel of no steel would be noticeable too.

I've had loose steel before and the sound drove me crazy while I was walking. I'd have to think the sound/feel of no steel would be noticeable too.

Maybe he was just so caught up in getting ready/was running late or something that he just didn't think about it? Who knows, maybe he did it on purpose for a laugh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.