Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Yes. But if they are going to be good defensively then they need to hit at least 200 times a season. And I see that the good offensive players are often a little taller so I really wouldn't want anyone below 6'4'.

Thus it is settled. We shall have 11 6'4', 30+ goal scoring forwards who are good defensively through their physicality. And Hodgson.

:D

Thus it is settled. We shall have 11 6'4', 30+ goal scoring forwards who are good defensively through their physicality. And Hodgson.

Why limit yourself to 11? Might as well stock the press box too.

I would love to have Hodgson as a 2nd line winger/spare center.

This will show if TM is truly different than DR. For years, it was:

I would love to have Roy as a 2nd line winger/spare center.

Instead, he was always #1 (or 2A with Connolly as 2B.)

Edited by carpandean

DR's next gig?

RALEIGH, N.C. — Multiple sources close to the Carolina Hurricanes said Monday that team president and general manager Jim Rutherford plans to step away from some of his duties after the season.

Rutherford, 65, has been the GM for 20 years and is part of the ownership group. His tenure dates to the team's days in Hartford, Conn., and he has seen the Canes make two trips to the Stanley Cup Finals and win it all in 2006.

He has had conversations in the past saying he would be willing to give up day-to-day management for the good of the team, but he had no comment Monday about his decision and declined to get into specifics of the when and why. "I will make a decision at the end of the season," Rutherford said.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/canes-gm-to-step-down-after-season-ends/13507091/

Yes. But if they are going to be good defensively then they need to hit at least 200 times a season. And I see that the good offensive players are often a little taller so I really wouldn't want anyone below 6'4'.

Yeah right. We should keep Ennis and not Hodgson, he's smaller but he's been showing hustle.

I don't understand how the Canadiens and Bruins play like a buncha punks crosschecking and getting into scrums after almost every whistle and it's just "big boy hockey?" Don't get me wrong, I like good physical hockey but it seems like every time the Sabres engage in scrums of any kind 3 out of 4 end with a Sabre in the box??

Edited by Bills12Sabres11

I don't understand how the Canadiens and Bruins play like a buncha punks crosschecking and getting into scrums aftercalmost every whistle and it's just "big boy hockey?" Don't get me wrong, I like good physical hockey but it seems like every time the Sabres engage in scrums of any kind 3 out of 4 end with a Sabre in the box??

I was thinking the same thing, and then I realized it's because they can also connect on a pass and make plays. Like it or not, better players get away with more.

Pretty damn good game, though.

I was thinking the same thing, and then I realized it's because they can also connect on a pass and make plays. Like it or not, better players get away with more.

Pretty damn good game, though.

yeah, u may have a point. It is a good game, that hit on Paille would have been a penalty on the Sabres also even though it was a clean hard check. Too bad both teams can't lose!

The announcer is almost as bad as the fans. Subban gets mugged, raped and molested in about a 5 second span, he shoves Boychuk gently to say "WTF dude?" And the announcer is asking why isn't there a penalty on Subban.

Wow the mass holes are a whiny bunch

The announcer is almost as bad as the fans. Subban gets mugged, raped and molested in about a 5 second span, he shoves Boychuk gently to say "WTF dude?" And the announcer is asking why isn't there a penalty on Subban.

Wow the mass holes are a whiny bunch

Jack Edwards is intolerable and anti-American.

Lol nice stick work by Lucic

The bias in this game is laughable. Marchand on top of Subban giving him the business and the announcer says he must be caught up in his equipment.

A blatant spear to the crotch by Lucic and they mumble I under their breath. What a ###### joke.

No doubt

I hate both of these teams but if I had to choose I HATE THE CHOWDAHEADS most

The broadcast is disgustingly biased. I don't think the reffing is though. They haven't called plenty on both sides.

If this game is any indication, I think we're in for some good playoff hockey this year.

They have let plenty go, just thought they made a couple cheap calls late when Bahston needed a goal to tie? Too bad Sabres are out but playoffs should be good, def.

How does Marchand not get that friggin beak broken every night? It's scrapping the visor for hecks sake

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.