Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

BS, had that been kaleta or scott or perhaps ott you would be questioning why no hearing

Had it been Kaleta or Scott, he would be explaining why it was worthy of the 7 game suspension that the league issued.

I'm not taking a professional sports "journalist" seriously if he doesn't know the difference between "principle" and "principal."

That's 100% irrelevant. Has nothing to do with the picture itself.

If he's too stupid to know basic English, I'm not trusting his opinion on the picture, which, in itself, doesn't tell the whole story. This isn't a guy on a message board; he's someone who is supposed to know the language.

Sorry if I'm being dim, but doesn't that picture just show that Kadri is looking directly at the numbers and nameplate as he drives the guy into the wall? I get that he's a little bit to the side of him, but always thought that it was like clipping in football?

Pretty much.

Edited by Eleven

If he's too stupid to know basic English, I'm not trusting his opinion on the picture, which, in itself, doesn't tell the whole story. This isn't a guy on a message board; he's someone who is supposed to know the language.

Well considering there is no opinion present in his tweet... I'm not sure I quite understand a bit of what you're saying. And the picture isn't his. It was posted elsewhere. He just shared it. He could be saying that looks bad or good... The picture was all that I was sharing.

To me, it's a call that could go either way that should be called more often than not. Definitely not a suspension.

Edited by Tankalicious

BS, had that been kaleta or scott or perhaps ott you would be questioning why no hearing

Well, at least your telling posters your post is BS, like a disclaimer, good for you.

Kadri's hit has nothing to do with Scott going after Ericksson's head. But if you want to try and make the leap, go ahead.

Edited by deluca67

Well, at least your telling posters your post is BS, like a disclaimer, good for you.

Kadri's hit has nothing to do with Scott going after Ericksson's head. But if you to try and make the leap, go ahead.

That was a pretty bad boarding. I'm not really sure what Kadri's positioning has to do with it as it has nothing to do with a hit to the head.. Kaleta has absolutely been suspended for boarding and this was way worse than his hit on Richards. The only difference was that Horseface pretended to be injured.

That was a pretty bad boarding. I'm not really sure what Kadri's positioning has to do with it as it has nothing to do with a hit to the head.. Kaleta has absolutely been suspended for boarding and this was way worse than his hit on Richards. The only difference was that Horseface pretended to be injured.

I think that is a boarding call myself. If contact starts with the shoulder, but most of the force of the follow through is between the numbers, that doesn't make it a clean hit in my mind.

Ambiguous enough that it is hard to suspend him for it. But hardly clean. I have to agree that a Kaleta does get suspended for it. Let's face it -in the hierarchy of all things NHL top 6 players get much more leeway with this stuff than do bottom 6.

I think that is a boarding call myself. If contact starts with the shoulder, but most of the force of the follow through is between the numbers, that doesn't make it a clean hit in my mind.

Ambiguous enough that it is hard to suspend him for it. But hardly clean. I have to agree that a Kaleta does get suspended for it. Let's face it -in the hierarchy of all things NHL top 6 players get much more leeway with this stuff than do bottom 6.

Exactly. I don't even think Kadri deserved a suspension, but to say Scott or Kaleta wouldn't have gotten a phone call is ludicrous.

On another note, does anyone else find it ridiculous that in Brendon Shanahan's world, a GM is obligated to have open communications with the NHL's chief player disciplinarian? A penalty is a penalty no matter what. The relationship he has with a GM should have ZERO effect on the outcome of a review.

He might think it has no effect (like he said onWGR), but I think even he knows he's full of chit. I can honestly say that in the last month, I have seen things that Sabres have done that I can't believe they didn't get a phone call from him for, and would have earlier in the season. Unbelievable,… yet, not.

Exactly. I don't even think Kadri deserved a suspension, but to say Scott or Kaleta wouldn't have gotten a phone call is ludicrous.

On another note, does anyone else find it ridiculous that in Brendon Shanahan's world, a GM is obligated to have open communications with the NHL's chief player disciplinarian? A penalty is a penalty no matter what. The relationship he has with a GM should have ZERO effect on the outcome of a review.

He might think it has no effect (like he said onWGR), but I think even he knows he's full of chit. I can honestly say that in the last month, I have seen things that Sabres have done that I can't believe they didn't get a phone call from him for, and would have earlier in the season. Unbelievable,… yet, not.

Mike Weber... still surprised he didn't get a call.

http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=286331

They talk about Callahan, Girardi, Vanek, Legwand and more.

Callahan: wants closer to $7 million than the reported $6 mill and GM Glen Sather is moving towards trading him. Blues still have an offer in there that would include Chris Stewart - Dreger.

Girdardi: If an extension isn't done by the end of the week then he may be moved before the deadline - Dreger.

Vanek: He did turn down an extension and the Isles are working on trades for him. Still pushing to extend him, though. The Kings and Penguins are interested - MacKenzie.

Weise/Diaz trade today: McKenzie doesn't believe this is a precursor to an Edler deal. Believes that the Canucks just bought low on a good dman.

David Legwand: Nashville is considering a move with him and will ask for a first or a second rounder. It's up to him, though, since he could extend and has a full no-move clause - McKenzie.

Top 10 players available according to them: 1. Callahan 2. Vanek 3. Miller 4. Sam Gagner 5. Chris Stewart 6. Cammalleri 7. Moulson 8. Andrew McDonald 9. Hemsky 10. David Legwand

Chris Stewart and Sam Gagner are the ONLY players on that list who aren't upcoming free agents.

Got into work at 5:30 am to meet a customer for a new product start up. I've been dealing with her for a few weeks now so we are getting to know one another. She's from Toronto, so I ask if she a Leafs fan. She says no she's a Montreal fan. I ask how that happened. She says her great uncle played for and coached them. He's their all time winningest coach. So I'm thinking I heard something wrong and ask what her uncle's name is...it's effin Toe Blake.

Old time hockey!

Got into work at 5:30 am to meet a customer for a new product start up. I've been dealing with her for a few weeks now so we are getting to know one another. She's from Toronto, so I ask if she a Leafs fan. She says no she's a Montreal fan. I ask how that happened. She says her great uncle played for and coached them. He's their all time winningest coach. So I'm thinking I heard something wrong and ask what her uncle's name is...it's effin Toe Blake.

Old time hockey!

You would be surprised how many there are

Usually, if you didn't want to follow the crowd and be a fan of the Leaves, you became an Ontario Habs fan. My wifes family is divided between Habs and Leafs fans, but they are originally from teh east Coast of Canada and didn't grow up in ontario

Old time hockey!

Piss on Eddie Shore!

Usually, if you didn't want to follow the crowd and be a fan of the Leaves, you became an Ontario Habs fan. My wifes family is divided between Habs and Leafs fans, but they are originally from teh east Coast of Canada and didn't grow up in ontario

Yeah, it does happen. A former family member (ex-husband of a cousin) was a big Habs fan despite living in Hamilton. One a side note, he was rather small but a pretty good player. His claim to fame is he scored a break-away goal on Andy Moog at some point (juniors or something, I'd guess).

Yeah, it does happen. A former family member (ex-husband of a cousin) was a big Habs fan despite living in Hamilton. One a side note, he was rather small but a pretty good player. His claim to fame is he scored a break-away goal on Andy Moog at some point (juniors or something, I'd guess).

Mine is if the coach would have put me in in the fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt in my mind.

I took the rarer route and became a Sabres fan, and consider them the local team for Niagara

(Most leaves fans will ask why I wouldn't support the local team and I would tell them that it takes less then 30 minutes to get to FNC, compared to just over an hour to ACC, therefore the Sabres are the areas local team, who cares if theres a bridge and invisible line to cross to get there)

I took the rarer route and became a Sabres fan, and consider them the local team for Niagara

(Most leaves fans will ask why I wouldn't support the local team and I would tell them that it takes less then 30 minutes to get to FNC, compared to just over an hour to ACC, therefore the Sabres are the areas local team, who cares if theres a bridge and invisible line to cross to get there)

Not to mention cheaper tickets, cheaper beer, well everything is cheaper lol.

after last nights loss to Detroit , Tortorella , "We need to change the complexion of our hockey club, either with our play or with different people because we looked like a slow hockey team tonight," Tortorella said. "We are going to keep banging away to try and get better, but I tell you it is very frustrating to see the same looks. It worries me, I'll leave it that. It really worries me."

think if you GM you have talk with this guy, these comments after Tortorella makes jackass out of self and organization getting suspended for his hall way antics.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/411973

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.