Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Not discounting him completely, but look at the stats of every goalie the Ducks put in the crease. Same with the Kings. It's the system and defensive talent.

I am not sure if it's the system or if it's just playing infront of a good team. We've argued in another thread (Miller thread somewhere) about teams not needing elite goalies to win the Cup. It's not the systems that allow non-elite goalies win the Cup, it's teams with very good attacks, which keeps the defense fresh and limits the amount of time the puck is in their own zone. If a team is constantly buzzing in front of the opponents net, then Hiller isn't doing any work. Playing goal for the Ducks is a lot less mentally and physically straining then it is for other teams.

The Sabres offense is 1-and-done when we attack and defense needs to cover more ice and do more work.

From the Preds perspective this is a very good trade. Pekka Rinne's hip hasn't responded and he won't be back any time soon. And, the goaltending from Hutton and Mazanec in Pekka's absence has been awful. Soft goals all over the place and not a single shootout win. Dubnyk is no all-star, but he is better than what the Preds have. And, Hendricks is a tough SOB but is nothing more than a good character 4th line role player.

I'd officially like to retract the above post from the record. The Predators should have never traded Matt Hendricks for Devin Dubnyk. In all my years of watching hockey I've never seen a worse goalie than Devin Dubnyk. 9 goals given up in his 2 starts with Nashville and virtually all of the soft variety. How is this guy still in the league?

I'd officially like to retract the above post from the record. The Predators should have never traded Matt Hendricks for Devin Dubnyk. In all my years of watching hockey I've never seen a worse goalie than Devin Dubnyk. 9 goals given up in his 2 starts with Nashville and virtually all of the soft variety. How is this guy still in the league?

I remember in the summer reading posts from Oiler fans about the possibility of them picking up Miller.

Why would we want to do that? He's a slight upgrade over Dubnyk at best.

I think a lot of people watch goalies with their hearts and their stat sheets, not their eyes.

Is it just me, or does it look like Schneider is wearing a red and black sweater over the green breezers? Like the team counted on him not playing, and didn't bother giving him a red and green sweater?

EDIT: Wait--they're all wearing red and black sweaters. They should have gone full retro.

EDIT EDIT: Ok, has anyone ever heard of green/black colorblindness? I'm having some problems here.

Edited by Eleven

Is it just me, or does it look like Schneider is wearing a red and black sweater over the green breezers? Like the team counted on him not playing, and didn't bother giving him a red and green sweater?

EDIT: Wait--they're all wearing red and black sweaters. They should have gone full retro.

EDIT EDIT: Ok, has anyone ever heard of green/black colorblindness? I'm having some problems here.

The green on the sweaters were reeeeaaal dark and occassonally looked black to meas well.

Personally, I like the Christmas unis better than the red & black.

The green on the sweaters were reeeeaaal dark and occassonally looked black to meas well.

Personally, I like the Christmas unis better than the red & black.

I wasn't too keen on the Rags unis, as well. I thought they looked like a beer league attempt at a Rangers jersey.

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod29s

Things can obviously change, but sure sounds like the Canadiens are onto something soon. They've been looking for a winger to add to top-6.

My guess is that PA Parenteau will be a Canadien (player, not citizen... he already has that down) by the end of the day. Renaud Lavoie said last night that PA has been talked about a lot in trade talks and that the Canadiens would love to get him... He's a healthy scratch tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.