Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Boston still likes to take cheap shots on goalies... this time on former Bruin Tim Thomas, who wasn't having any of it.

http://youtu.be/bOo_AFp99TY

GREAT SCOTT WE'VE GONE SIX DAYS BACK IN TIME!

BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE-0.jpg

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

CGY/Mike Cammalleri continuing dialogue on new contract. Too soon to say which way it goes. Logic suggests he goes UFA, gets traded, but...

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

...neither Flames nor Cammalleri have arrived at any definitive position on that. Not yet anyway.

Would be pretty shocking if this happened.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 43s

CGY believed to be working towards new contract for D Kris Russell. Not done yet but heading in that direction. Russell UFA on July 1.

Seems like Calgary doesn't want to take the long rebuild route.

Edited by Tankalicious

http://www.tsn.ca/vi...=72&show=286958

Vanek: The Isles might want to move him before the Olympics so they don't have to pay him during the Olympics. Teams that want him have cap troubles so may want to wait until after. Asking price: young player/prospect and two other pieces. - LeBrun.

Andrew McDonald: In play for sure. Islanders are still considering an extension, but they have depth at D to move him. -McKenzie.

Ott: Drawing A LOT of attention right now. Says double-digit teams want Moulson and MORE want Ott. Buffalo is ready to "offload" him. - McKenzie.

Other Sabres: Says that the Sabres are trying to move Tallinder, Drew Stafford and Cody McCormick, as well. -McKenzie.

Dave Bolland: Maple Leafs haven't decided what to do. They want to negotiate with him, but they could take the risk in going beyond the deadline without moving him... Could trade him, though. -Dreger.

I have a quick Twitter question. Yes it's off-topic, but I see no reason to start a new thread. On the Android app, there is an option to Email tweets. If I go to Twitter via a browser, I don't have an option to Email tweets. I have looked all over for why this is because apparently there used to be an option to Email tweets. If I click on 'more' next to a tweet the only options I have are 'report' and 'embed'. Is it like this for everybody now?

http://www.tsn.ca/vi...=72&show=286958

Vanek: The Isles might want to move him before the Olympics so they don't have to pay him during the Olympics. Teams that want him have cap troubles so may want to wait until after. Asking price: young player/prospect and two other pieces. - LeBrun.

Andrew McDonald: In play for sure. Islanders are still considering an extension, but they have depth at D to move him. -McKenzie.

Ott: Drawing A LOT of attention right now. Says double-digit teams want Moulson and MORE want Ott. Buffalo is ready to "offload" him. - McKenzie.

Other Sabres: Says that the Sabres are trying to move Tallinder, Drew Stafford and Cody McCormick, as well. -McKenzie.

Dave Bolland: Maple Leafs haven't decided what to do. They want to negotiate with him, but they could take the risk in going beyond the deadline without moving him... Could trade him, though. -Dreger.

I really hope they keep Ott. It'll be hard to argue if they get a ridiculously strong offer, but I love his intensity and hate the idea of starting over (again) on team captain.

Edited by biodork

I really hope they keep Ott. It'll be hard to argue if they get a ridiculously strong offer, but I love his intensity and hate the idea of starting over (again) on team captain.

It wouldn't really be starting over again. We haven't had a captain since Drury. Ott is not a captain. Not on a good team with good leadership.

I agree. If the Sabres need to overpay because of the upcoming Cap numbers, Ott should be the first in line. He would make a great captain moving forward.

We need a new topic on who the Sabres should absolutely keep for next season. It would be a short list I'm afraid, at least in my opinion

New General Manager has said his plan not a five year one, but expects after two upcoming drafts to see be in mix or substantially improved. Given players in minors on the cusp, a number drafted over the next few years, free agency, trades, it likely the roster could be turned over almost completely in not to distant future .

New General Manager has said his plan not a five year one, but expects after two upcoming drafts to see be in mix or substantially improved. Given players in minors on the cusp, a number drafted over the next few years, free agency, trades, it likely the roster could be turned over almost completely in not to distant future .

spot on - rock on!

I have a quick Twitter question. Yes it's off-topic, but I see no reason to start a new thread. On the Android app, there is an option to Email tweets. If I go to Twitter via a browser, I don't have an option to Email tweets. I have looked all over for why this is because apparently there used to be an option to Email tweets. If I click on 'more' next to a tweet the only options I have are 'report' and 'embed'. Is it like this for everybody now?

So nobody uses Twitter?

have you tried using a pc browser app like tweet deck? i think that will solve the problem.

Thanks, no I have not. I'll check it out. I was just wondering if it's like this for everybody and that's the way Twitter online is now. There is an Email option on the Android app.

Boston still likes to take cheap shots on goalies... this time on former Bruin Tim Thomas, who wasn't having any of it.

http://youtu.be/bOo_AFp99TY

Good for Tim Thomas - I'm not advocating slahing players in the head, but a goalie should at least try to defend himself. If more goalies would give out the occasional chop to the ankles, far fewer would be getting run over in the crease. (Can you tell I used to play goal?)

Kings beat the Jackets 2-1 in OT. The game winner was scored by none other than Robyn Regehr. I miss him and his ice blue eyes...

His first goal since February 17th in 2012 for us against Mon-reh-ahh

He actually scored January 21st for LA against the Blue Jackets, too. So second goal since then.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.