Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

I've heard it a lot from a number of sites. Plus the way Ott plays with Gleason, it wouldn't surprise me. An extension to the rumour is that Gleason was also Ott's best man

unless there's going to be a source other than some nobody-twitter-hack (or a group of such hacks, circle-jerking themselves with "rumors" ("rumours")), i'd urge people to refrain from defaming people in this way.

of course, if there is a legitimate source to be cited, it'd be fair game to discuss (if you're into that sort of thing). otherwise, you're helping to spread some of the worst of what teh interwebs have to offer.

EDIT: i've noodled around a bit, and see that it's something that exists here and there on message boards. so, whatever. as proof of how infuriating these rumors can be, it's not clear whether the rumor/rumours tie to the woman whom ott married in 2013 (the erica rene gal on twitter). ott and his wife evidently have a kid together - she looks to be ~7 or 8 years old based on the pictures they post to social media. it therefore seems unlikely that ott was married prior to this marriage, and it moreover seems unlikely that his "best man" is the father of the child who was born to his wife.

having said all that, i now want to light myself on fire.

Edited by That Aud Smell

unless there's going to be a source other than some nobody-twitter-hack (or a group of such hacks, circle-jerking themselves with "rumors" ("rumours")), i'd urge people to refrain from defaming people in this way.

of course, if there is a legitimate source to be cited, it'd be fair game to discuss (if you're into that sort of thing). otherwise, you're helping to spread some of the worst of what teh interwebs have to offer.

I'm not saying it is true. I'm saying that the rumour has been going for a while. People said it was why Morrow fought Gleason (Morrow and Ott are good friends). Obviously there is not an accurate source, it isn't like Ott has tweeted "Gleason is a dick, he slept with my wife" and TSN are hardly going to wade into the debate. I think that if a persistent rumour exists then it is weird to purposefully never mention it simply because it doesn't have a source. I am not suggesting it is fact, simply that the rumour exists. The rumour also got more traction last season when Gleason and Ott fought

http://www.thebreaka...teve-Ott-s-wife

As for 'proof' - here is an article about Ott saying he has a wife called Candice, and hangs out with Gleason, who is a good friend of his:

http://stars.nhl.com...s.htm?id=450396

And here is a tweet congratulating Tim and Candice Gleason on having a baby:

https://twitter.com/...147244032274432

And here is an article saying Tim has a step child called Layna, coincidentally, Ott also has a child called Layna:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/print-edition/2010/10/22/tim-gleason.html?page=all

Edited by ThirtyEight

I'm not saying it is true. I'm saying that the rumour has been going for a while. People said it was why Morrow fought Gleason (Morrow and Ott are good friends). Obviously there is not an accurate source, it isn't like Ott has tweeted "Gleason is a dick, he slept with my wife" and TSN are hardly going to wade into the debate. I think that if a persistent rumour exists then it is weird to purposefully never mention it simply because it doesn't have a source. I am not suggesting it is fact, simply that the rumour exists. The rumour also got more traction last season when Gleason and Ott fought

http://www.thebreaka...teve-Ott-s-wife

As for 'proof' - here is an article about Ott saying he has a wife called Candice, and hangs out with Gleason, who is a good friend of his:

http://stars.nhl.com...s.htm?id=450396

And here is a tweet congratulating Tim and Candice Gleason on having a baby:

https://twitter.com/...147244032274432

And here is an article saying Tim has a step child called Layna, coincidentally, Ott also has a child called Layna:

http://www.bizjourna...n.html?page=all

hat tip to you, sir.

it would appear that the rumor about gleason's having fathered a child with ott's wife is misplaced, though. if layna were his step-daughter, that would imply that candice had the child with ott, and that child became gleason's step-daughter when he married the woman. yes?

and, having already lit myself on fire, i will now wash out my eyes with bleach.

i may as well go all in:

here's a tweet from ott's wife identifying their child as layna.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Edmonton's trying to tank harder than Buffalo

LET'S GO OILERS! :wallbash:

If the Sabres wins both of their next games and EDM gets no wins, the Oilers still have one more point.

My question is if EDM gets the 1st overall pick, do they pick Ekblad? Anyone?

* for example, if Edmonton picks Reinhart for some reason, and with the Sabres second pick they pick Ekblad I'd be horrified because it wouldn't fill a need. (if that happens i'll light myself on fire too)

I'd pick the next best available center not Ekblad even if it pushes him to 3rd or 4th like Seth Jones

So if EDM is hell-bent on Ekblad, essentially the Sabre only need the 1st or second overall pick for Reinhart- because the Oils would snag Ekblad

Thoughts before i douse myself with gasoline?

EDIT: i've noodled around a bit, and see that it's something that exists here and there on message boards. so, whatever. as proof of how infuriating these rumors can be, it's not clear whether the rumor/rumours tie to the woman whom ott married in 2013 (the erica rene gal on twitter). ott and his wife evidently have a kid together - she looks to be ~7 or 8 years old based on the pictures they post to social media. it therefore seems unlikely that ott was married prior to this marriage, and it moreover seems unlikely that his "best man" is the father of the child who was born to his wife.

having said all that, i now want to light myself on fire.

if I had been drinking something, I would have snorted it out my noise.

Edmonton's trying to tank harder than Buffalo

LET'S GO OILERS! :wallbash:

If the Sabres wins both of their next games and EDM gets no wins, the Oilers still have one more point.

My question is if EDM gets the 1st overall pick, do they pick Ekblad? Anyone?

* for example, if Edmonton picks Reinhart for some reason, and with the Sabres second pick they pick Ekblad I'd be horrified because it wouldn't fill a need. (if that happens i'll light myself on fire too)

I'd pick the next best available center not Ekblad even if it pushes him to 3rd or 4th like Seth Jones

So if EDM is hell-bent on Ekblad, essentially the Sabre only need the 1st or second overall pick for Reinhart- because the Oils would snag Ekblad

Thoughts before i douse myself with gasoline?

Don't forget the Lottery. I firmly believe if the Oilers draft 1st they take Ekblad unless they make some other trade prior to bring in a young defender. They have such a lack of defensive and gt talent.

http://www.fantasysp...as-a-day-to-day

Drew Stafford was forced out of Thursday's game against the Wild due to an upper body injury.

Impacts: There had been speculation that Stafford might be involved in a deal with the Canadiens for the disgruntled Daniel Briere, but we have to presume any trade talks will be halted until there's an update on Stafford's condition.

Stafford left Thursday's game with an upper-body injury and will not return.

Interesting..................

Spin: The injury could force the Sabres to call up another forward after the game, as the team already entered Thursday with Ville Leino unavailable with a lower-body injury. Stafford is primarily a deep-league option only with 13 points, 29 penalty minutes and a minus-9 rating through 41 games, but that still makes him one of the more productive forwards for the lowly Sabres.

Edited by HopefulFuture

That'd be cool if they got Briere back for cheap.

I'm aware of the lottery system, but my point is if Edmonton is last and buffalo is 2nd last for example, it still increases the chance dramatically of getting either a 1st or 2nd overall pick. and if EDM picks first, hello Reinhart

Don't forget the Lottery. I firmly believe if the Oilers draft 1st they take Ekblad unless they make some other trade prior to bring in a young defender. They have such a lack of defensive and gt talent.

I completely disagree. I think they go BPA. If they view Ekblad as a better player then they take him but not if they think Reinhart is the slightly better player. Let's not forget they signed Schultz recently and have taken a Dman in the first round in 2 of the last 3 drafts (inlcuding 8th overall last year).

Also, despite the high picks they've had only Nugent-Hopkins is a centre. I'm sure they would love a good two way centre who is known for his hussle and hard work to play with guys like Yakapov who have all the skill in the world but can be lazy and poor in the D zone at times.

I've had some time to kill at work the past couple of weeks (since I'm the only one who didn't take holidays) and checked out a couple of Oil message boards and there are many fans who would love to take Reinhart first overall.

If the Oilers think Reinhart is the best player available at one, they take him.

But given the make-up of their team that likely puts one of their other young forwards on the market.

Not overly interested in Briere, but if it meant getting rid of Stafford...

Hockey History@HistoricHockey1 Jan

Gleason trade should make the Leafs/Sabres rivalry better. Rumour is Otts wife cheated on him with Gleason, and Gleason had a baby with her.

Woah, not sure how reliable this is?

Here's what we know: Gleason and Ott were best friends from Junior days and now they can't seem to stand each other.

The rumor is Gleason hit it and Ms. Ott had a baby daughter from the affair. I've heard Ms Ott left Steve, and I've heard she and Steve have full custody. Who knows how much of it is true? Who cares?

The rumor is Gleason hit it and Ms. Ott had a baby daughter from the affair. I've heard Ms Ott left Steve, and I've heard she and Steve have full custody. Who knows how much of it is true? Who cares?

These appears to be facts based on published accounts on the 'net:

Ott used to be married to a woman named Candice.

Ott and his wife Erica have an elementary school aged kid named Layna (with whom they are frequently pictured on social media).

Tim Gleason is married to a woman named Candice.

Gleason said in a report that he has a step-daughter named Layna.

Given all that, it appears that Gleason is married to Ott's ex-wife, but that Ott and his current wife (Erica) have primary custody of Layna.

I hate myself more than I can say for getting into this, but my OCD tendencies toward disambiguation left me little other choice.

I completely disagree. I think they go BPA. If they view Ekblad as a better player then they take him but not if they think Reinhart is the slightly better player. Let's not forget they signed Schultz recently and have taken a Dman in the first round in 2 of the last 3 drafts (inlcuding 8th overall last year).

Also, despite the high picks they've had only Nugent-Hopkins is a centre. I'm sure they would love a good two way centre who is known for his hussle and hard work to play with guys like Yakapov who have all the skill in the world but can be lazy and poor in the D zone at times.

I've had some time to kill at work the past couple of weeks (since I'm the only one who didn't take holidays) and checked out a couple of Oil message boards and there are many fans who would love to take Reinhart first overall.

The Edmonton Oilers have taken Oscar Klefbon in the first round in 2011 and Darnelle Nurse 7th overall in 2013. no other first rounder defender since 2007. As for the rest of it, you could be right but I think with RNH and Gagner at center they would lean defense. If they only see Reinhart is slightly above Ekblad than they probably go Ekblad IMPO. They desperately need a big mobile puck mover.

They still need defense. That is how i see it but draft day has some crazy things happen. With the drop off in defenders there after I think they would take him at 1st overall.

Edited by LGR4GM

Unless Ott has specifically told Lafontaine that he has no intention of re-signing with the Sabres, trading Ott would be a HUGE mistake and would put a real early blemish on Lafontaine's record in my book.

I don't think trading three of your captains in a year is good in any case.

Unless Ott, who seems to be a stand up guy, has told the Sabres he will re-sign with them in the off season. It makes sense right? If you want to play on a team and you want that team to improve then why not tell the team you'll take a trade that will bring talent back the other way. Then you turn around and sign back with that team and boom and you're improved. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Unless Ott, who seems to be a stand up guy, has told the Sabres he will re-sign with them in the off season. It makes sense right? If you want to play on a team and you want that team to improve then why not tell the team you'll take a trade that will bring talent back the other way. Then you turn around and sign back with that team and boom and you're improved. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

This! That is what I am saying miller should do. Agree to the Lundquist deal before being dealt to a contender and the sabres make out like bandits and the team is better if not good next year.

I heard from a coworker of mine that there is a component of the CBA prohibiting a rental from re-signing with the team that dealt him. Do any of you know if there's any truth to that?

This! That is what I am saying miller should do. Agree to the Lundquist deal before being dealt to a contender and the sabres make out like bandits and the team is better if not good next year.

And then you can say goodbye to a first round pick from the Sabres. That's illegal.

I am nearly positive that only applies to compliance buy outs but I will do some digging

I did a quick google search but found nothing but returns speculating on rentals and trades. It would be cool if you can confirm or deny it.

And you're in "Bad News" Va? Is that Christopher Newport's bad news?

I did a quick google search but found nothing but returns speculating on rentals and trades. It would be cool if you can confirm or deny it.

And you're in "Bad News" Va? Is that Christopher Newport's bad news?

It is! I live right around the corner from CNU. I have exhausted my search and while there was talk of putting in a Weight/Recchi/Tkachuk rule it has never happened. The Players Union would never allow it and Unrestricted Free agency is just that.... UNRESTRICTED

Edited by FolignosJock

These appears to be facts based on published accounts on the 'net:

Ott used to be married to a woman named Candice.

Ott and his wife Erica have an elementary school aged kid named Layna (with whom they are frequently pictured on social media).

Tim Gleason is married to a woman named Candice.

Gleason said in a report that he has a step-daughter named Layna.

Given all that, it appears that Gleason is married to Ott's ex-wife, but that Ott and his current wife (Erica) have primary custody of Layna.

I hate myself more than I can say for getting into this, but my OCD tendencies toward disambiguation left me little other choice.

:lol:

I used to be that way but over the years I just kind of gave up and decided it was easier to shrug my shoulders.

But I do appreciate you taking the time to clear that up - thanks!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.