2013 - 2014 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Is this a source of concern? Or is this more a product of other factors -- e.g., where our top prospects are from, how old they are, etc.?

As of now, no Sabres prospects will be attending Canada's U20 Summer Camp. Could change after draft.

https://twitter.com/...655335037534210

I think the only one eligible would be Catenacci.

Is this a source of concern? Or is this more a product of other factors -- e.g., where our top prospects are from, how old they are, etc.?

As of now, no Sabres prospects will be attending Canada's U20 Summer Camp. Could change after draft.

https://twitter.com/...655335037534210

We drafted McCabe (American) Grigorenko (Russian) Girgensons (Latvian) Armia (Finish) over the last 2 years... so no not really. Can we think of a under 20 Canadian born prospect we have who should be there? I think Catenacci is to old now right?

i believe catenacci is 20 now. is that too old? u-20 is under 20, not 20 and under, right?

he was invited to the camp last year, iirc.

We drafted McCabe (American) Grigorenko (Russian) Girgensons (Latvian) Armia (Finish) over the last 2 years... so no not really.

quite right - thx

i believe catenacci is 20 now. is that too old? u-20 is under 20, not 20 and under, right?

he was invited to the camp last year, iirc.

quite right - thx

You are welcome. I was thinking the same thing as you when I first looked at that. After I thought about it, it made sense.

@kevinoDandC

Per Bill Hoppe, #Sabres won't give qualifying offers to D Drew Schiestel or RW Jacob Lagace. Not that that's a surprise.

It's UFA for Leggio...may get a deal if the Sabres trade Miller.

@BillHoppeNHL

Regier on David Leggio: "I told him that if he chose to be patient, there may be something there." #Sabres #Rochester

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Hackett and Makarov (?) in rochester next season?

Has to be since the odds of a Miller trade are probably reduced a bit.

Are you going to be happy with that tandem? Hackett playing 60 games. Not sure Hackett will be happy about being stuck in the AHL.

Has to be since the odds of a Miller trade are probably reduced a bit.

Are you going to be happy with that tandem? Hackett playing 60 games. Not sure Hackett will be happy about being stuck in the AHL.

Good. I don't want him happy being there. When Miller or Enroth suffer the nearly inevitable injury, have him play well in his couple of games and force the team to make some decisions.

Not sure I find this to be the best idea.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 4m

Darcy Regier says he will allow Amerks goalie David Leggio to become an unrestricted free agent without making him a contract offer.

I'm wondering if he's waiting to see what kind of offers he gets for Miller this week before committing. He might be giving him an opportunity to have a shot to play in the NHL somewhere else IF Miller stays. He might be saying to be patient in that he could sign Leggio to backup Enroth next year if he can trade Miller. I think we'll have a lot better idea what the hell's going on in a couple of weeks. After what's happened today, Darcy has to have something in mind.

I'm wondering if he's waiting to see what kind of offers he gets for Miller this week before committing. He might be giving him an opportunity to have a shot to play in the NHL somewhere else IF Miller stays. He might be saying to be patient in that he could sign Leggio to backup Enroth next year if he can trade Miller. I think we'll have a lot better idea what the hell's going on in a couple of weeks. After what's happened today, Darcy has to have something in mind.

One would hope.

"Nothing happened. That has to mean something HUGE is about to happen." - Sabres Fans, 1997 to present

I'm inferring that from the fact he played in the NHL for 13 games, did ok, go sent back to the AHL and went on a downhill slope to AHL goalie backup

Wasn't it more of a case of Kuemper playing great than Hackett stinking up the joint?

Wasn't it more of a case of Kuemper playing great than Hackett stinking up the joint?

I think it was a combination of both. Hackett's production did take a bit of a dip last year in the AHL, but it wasn't like he sucked like some people here will want to say. He still posted a GAA of 2.66 and a sv% of .907. I definitely think he is better than that and he will rebound just fine this year

Posting again in this thread....

Eric Locke will be 20 by the Fall and is AHL eligible. What's the odds on

Locke, Logan Nelson, & Brady Austin playing in Rochester this year? The

Amerks defence depth chart looks thin, even if Ristolainen players there

this year. Could/would Brady Austin sign an Amerks only contract a la

Fred Roy last year?

McNabb?, Ristolainen??

Jerome Gauthier-LeDuc, MacKenzie, Crawford

That's only 5 players, 6 if you add Brady Austin.

Will the Amerks resign Roy? Luke Adam if resigned is an over-ager, if

I'm not mistaken. MacCormick would make 2 over-agers with more depth

needed for the Amerks.

Posting again in this thread....

Eric Locke will be 20 by the Fall and is AHL eligible. What's the odds on

Locke, Logan Nelson, & Brady Austin playing in Rochester this year?

Oh man would I love to see Locke play in Rochester next year. He seems to be at the point in the OHL where he isn't learning anything and the competition isn't there for his ability (and his lack of size, strength, and durability aren't being exploited).

Nice job Numark. Looking at the list, Sabres have a lot of centers projected to be 3rd shift guys... Yet Darcy didn't think to draft a first line guy. Hopefully Locke or one of the 2nd round centers surprises us. ? So the Sabres are going live with a bunch of 3rd line centers for the next 5 years. That will work... not..

Nice job Numark. Looking at the list, Sabres have a lot of centers projected to be 3rd shift guys... Yet Darcy didn't think to draft a first line guy. Hopefully Locke or one of the 2nd round centers surprises us. ? So the Sabres are going live with a bunch of 3rd line centers for the next 5 years. That will work... not..

Some of these guys the Sabres won't have to even sign for 4 years. So make that "living with them for 7 years".

Hockeysfuture had the Sabres with the #8 prospect pool in the league before this draft. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us move into the top 5 when they update it. I'll also be curious to see Hockey Prospectus' organizational rankings, which should be out this week.