The "trial" of Terry Pegula

PASabreFan

I struggled for a spot to put this copy and paste from Bob McCarthy (politics reporter for TBN). This thread is as good as any, I guess. The ban on an OT politcs thread is getting more and more untenable.

“Big fund raiser last night at HarborCenter for U.S. Senate candidate Karin Housely of Minnesota, wife of Sabres Coach Phil Housely. Tickets at $1,000 and $2,700 at event hosted by Terry and Kim Pegula and Nick Sinatra.”

I struggled for a spot to put this copy and paste from Bob McCarthy (politics reporter for TBN). This thread is as good as any, I guess. The ban on an OT politcs thread is getting more and more untenable.

“Big fund raiser last night at HarborCenter for U.S. Senate candidate Karin Housely of Minnesota, wife of Sabres Coach Phil Housely. Tickets at $1,000 and $2,700 at event hosted by Terry and Kim Pegula and Nick Sinatra.”

Party of Trump. Sad.

They're rich and wealthy. Why wouldn't they be?

I'm rich and wealthy (it's tough to be one without the other ;))  and I'm as liberal as they come.  I'm wealthy, male, white, and in my 50's, so people assume I'm a trump supporter.  Nothing could be further from the truth. 

I'm rich and wealthy (it's tough to be one without the other ;)) and I'm as liberal as they come. I'm wealthy, male, white, and in my 50's, so people assume I'm a trump supporter. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The housley's are rich. The Pegula's are wealthy.

It is an interesting dicotomy. Many rich come from varied backgrounds. Artistic rich tend to be more liberal... both on money and religiously. Those retail and industrial business folks especially from the midwest and south tend to be more conservative sociologically/ religious and monetarily conservative. Old money especially in Northeast seem to be more socially liberal but still conservative or at least pro-business and swing back and forth between both parties. They like moderates. But the wings of both parties have gotten stronger and dominant. Some of it is the news media/cycle and communication styles have changed a lot. Less common ground is able to be found in part because both parties are relatively close in overall vote power and therefore the competition is more fierce. No one is willing to acknowledge or give credit to other side for something that works for fear of losing power.

I don't think he ever left the business. He DID say he'd drill another well if he needed the money.

He probably has wells named for all the huge contracts Pegula is paying or has paid for sitting on the sidelines, and which those wells finance....

Leino #2

Ryan # 7

Murray #3

And so on.....

• 2 months later...

Sean McDermott said this is ultimately his decision. He said he and Brandon Beane discussed it and ran it by Terry and Kim Pegula.

Terry Pegula standing on the practice field next to Brandon Beane watching Josh Allen go through routes vs air right now.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'd agree with the result of the decision but reject the philosophy out of hand

I guess the question then is why?  If it's the right answer, and is the best possible result....does it matter who did it?  I'd argue this is what leadership is all about. 

I guess I think of it as.....coach can be enamored with a player because he does absolutely everything right. Except in the game. Doesn't hurt to have outside counsel. 

1 minute ago, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

I guess the question then is why?  If it's the right answer, and is the best possible result....does it matter who did it?  I'd argue this is what leadership is all about. 

I guess I think of it as.....coach can be enamored with a player because he does absolutely everything right. Except in the game. Doesn't hurt to have outside counsel. 

Because....yay, the right decision was made. Eventually the maker of bad ones, McDermott, is gone. What remains, is an owner that is continuing to think he has any idea how football  works and doing things like vetoing coaching decisions. 

Just because it would happen to be a good decision in one instance doesn't mean our owner has a clue about football. And an owner that thinks he does and acts on that thought can cause big problems. 

Of course, this is why that would be bad, I'm not saying that's what's happening right now. 

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Because....yay, the right decision was made. Eventually the maker of bad ones, McDermott, is gone. What remains, is an owner that is continuing to think he has any idea how football  works and doing things like vetoing coaching decisions. 

Just because it would happen to be a good decision in one instance doesn't mean our owner has a clue about football. And an owner that thinks he does and acts on that thought can cause big problems. 

Of course, this is why that would be bad, I'm not saying that's what's happening right now. 

Here is the bigger problem. Did the coach really want to give Peterman another shot?

If so, he should have walking papers. And that reflects on the owners who gave him the job as well. 

Here is to hoping we get to see growth and Hope from Allen. It is the only logical call, but also may result in another 3 years in purgatory. 

15 minutes ago, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

Here is the bigger problem. Did the coach really want to give Peterman another shot?

If so, he should have walking papers. And that reflects on the owners who gave him the job as well. 

Here is to hoping we get to see growth and Hope from Allen. It is the only logical call, but also may result in another 3 years in purgatory. 

On the contrary, I think a bigger problem would be a meddling owner. Name one that wins. 

A bad coach can be fired. A bad owner can't. 

Now, luckily, Allen was McDermott's choice this week, and Pegula probably doesn't make roster decisions.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I don’t think it’s ever been really confirmed, but it was certainly widely reported, that in the Bills’ last playoff game pre-drought, Ralph Wilson ordered then-coach Wade Phillips to start Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie.  Flutie had started the first 15 games, during which the Bills had clinched their playoff spot, but the offense had sputtered a bit.  RJ started a meaningless game 16 and looked good.  

If you believe in the sports gods, they were pretty GD PO’d at Ralph for that one, resulting in Home Run Throwback and no playoffs for 17 years.  

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.